“Beautiful Place to spend some days”

Stella di Mare Grand Hotel
Ranked #5 of 26 Hotels in Ain Sukhna
Reviewed 16 May 2010

It was a great long weekend...I traveled with my family (2 kids) and we had a really good time at the beach and the wonderful pool the hotel has..
Food was very nice and the staff very kind

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 24 April 2010

We recently spent a week at the Stella Di Mare Grand after 3 hectic days in Cairo and had a really relaxing time. The outside areas of the hotel are beautiful - the grounds are lovely and the pool is huge, very clean and never crowded or noisy. The beach is beautiful - really soft sand, clear water and really safe for young children as you can walk out for miles and still only be up to your waist in water. There are plenty of sunbeds on the beach and by the pool and you can have clean towels whenever you want them. The outside areas are kept immaculately clean - there was a big sand/dust storm one day of our holiday and the next day the staff spent hours washing down every sunbed, chair, table etc.

We had breakfast and dinner included with our package, this is buffet style and there was always plenty of choice. The restaurant was a bit too brightly lit and canteeny for my liking but we ate out on the terrace for every meal and this was lovely. We had lunch at the pool restaurant a few times and this was fine - snack type food with chips etc and very reasonably priced - about £3 per head. We also had lunch at the beach restaurant and this was really good - woodfired pizzas, fresh fish etc.
There are a few negatives - our room was really tired looking - scuffed furniture, stained floortiles, bathroom badly needing renovation and a really dogdy drain smell in the bathroom. However Farouk cleaned our room everyday - clean sheets and towels, bottles of water etc and although the room was shabby, it was kept really clean.

The hotel is in the middle of nowhere, there are no shops, restaurants, walks etc and no excursions (other than Cairo which we had already done). So you need to be happy to just lie in the sun during the day, eat your dinner and then maybe listen to a bit of organ music(!) in the evening. We were back in our room by 10pm every night.

I really struggle to understand why other people have written reviews saying the staff are unhelpful - everyone we met was lovely, friendly, polite and efficient. We never felt under pressure to tip, but we always did because it was deserved.

When we first arrived it was still a holiday in Egypt so there were lots of local families at the hotel and the beach and restaurants were quite busy but after a few days there were just us europeans left and it was really quiet. Because there were a lot of locals here, we did feel a bit uncomfortable uncovering too much flesh at mealtimes etc - normally I wear shorts on holiday but somehow it felt a bit disrespectful here, although I did wear my bathers on the beach of course.

This hotel is beautiful from the outside, a bit tired on the inside, food is good, people are lovely,not much to do but the sun is always shining and that's often all you need!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank 6thhappiness
Reviewed 2 April 2010

Having been to Egypt many times to Cairo/Alexandria/Luxor/Aswan. I decided to take a solo trip to the Red Sea resort of Ain Soukhna. The comments on 'Trip Advisor' are alway an imperative to making the right decision. I wanted to avoid Sharm on the other coast. I always travel with www.kuoni.co.uk for any 'package' deal and have done so since 1984 with some 20 holidays with them, 8 to Egypt.
The Stella Grand is perhaps one of the finest hotels I have had the pleasure to stay in whilst in Egypt. Let me start when entering the impressive airconditioned lobby. The abundance of flowers and plants are quite striking. The floral displays deserve a prize! The 'mega' gigantic painted murals on the walls are quite stunning and must have been commissioned.
The front desk staff are a pleasure. I was 'upgraded' to a 'superior' room from standard. I think the rooms are the same it's more of the location, either pool view / garden view / sea view. I was allocated with room: 3064 which has a side sea / garden view. I was taken personally to my room by the front desk Duty Manager.
The aircon room was very clean and painted in pastle colours most pleasing to the eye. The spacious bathroom (only a walk in shower, with plenty of room) was well appointed.
The bed very comfortable with the obvious smell of fresh linen. A large balcony with palms brushing against the railings.
I was most impressed by the main restaurant: I know most of us have accepted the customery 'Buffet' however the quality of the food was quite exceptional. I only enjoyed Breakfast and Dinner as the pool cafe was just right for lunch. The chef must have put a lot of thought into the varied presentation of food available. Even the daily artistic attempt with the water melons on show at dinner.
Ibrahim and his staff are most courteous in the restaurant ( I did not try the Seafood Restaurant near the beach as I was on half board and quite content to enjoy the main restaurant). There was a genuine desire to ensure that each guest was given exceptional service. As soon as I finished one course the plate and utensils were removed. No tips are required or sort after, however I am always prepared to tip when I receive good service.
The comfortable bar within the hotel complex deserves mention:
The service is most attentive, particular waiters that come to mind: Sarif and Ayman. The efficient and friendly service is most evident. They seem to remember your favourite drink without asking.
I have never seen so many staff cleaning: The gardening staff are always checking on the plants and cleaners polishing, sweeping.
The grounds of the hotels are a botanical delight, immaculate!
Security is most evident both with the 'Government Tourist Police and Private Security armed and otherwise. Their presence is not intrusive, its just a reassurance.
Let me tell you about the sort of committment to service this hotel offers: I noted that my suitcase had developed a serious uneven split of about 10 inches and unless mended would not survive the flight back to London. It must have happened during the flight from Heathrow to Cairo? I went to the front desk and asked the duty staff if they any any glue they could provide to help with this problem?
A most polite and confident young man: Mohamed Fathy asked me to show him the problem. We visited my room, he then summoned a member of the maintenance staff to check if it was possible to fix it. It was established that some repair could be made. I was then invited to return to the lobby and relax whilst Mohamed remained in my room and supervise some 'surgery' on my case. He returned to me some 30 minutes later and explained that the repair had been successful. This did not cost me anything, Mohamed was quite content by explaining that it was just 'part of ther service' to ensure guests were well looked after. (I did, however insist that the member of staff from maintenance received a small financial reward). I'm sure you will agree this went beyond just ensuring the guests were looked after!
So, if you want a relaxing, impressive hotel that you will remember for its exceptional, efficient and friendly service then go the the Stella Grand. I hope to return later this year or early 2011.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 March 2010

Wow! This hotel is unexpectedly beautiful and well appointed, the grounds are immaculate and lush. The walk to the pristine beach everyday was a joy. The food was remarkable-fresh and flavorful. One of the chef's, Mohsen Mohamed, made amazing indian food for us for dinner one night! It was a great experience and the perfect place to relax. We will definitely be going back!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Rupkg
Reviewed 23 February 2010

An enjoyable relaxing stay at the end of an exhausting sightseeing holiday. The hotel ws fine but we did not enjoy the isolation of the site, without acess to te local facilities.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Charlton_10
Reviewed 20 February 2010

good service , rate , organization , entertainment , swimming pool , beach & location

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 February 2010

From the moment we stepped into the spacious reception area until we left at the end of our stay we were looked after by everyone working at the Stella di Mare-Grand. I have travelled extensively ( I being Jean ) and have never had better and friendlier service anywhere. This was my partners second trip abroad, the first being in Europe, and now anywhere he may go has a lot to live up to as they will be measured against the high standards set by yourselves. We cannot wait to come back, hopefully to the same room and the same staff. We could not fault anyone. Thank you so much for a superb holiday.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple