“Bad treatment and rude behavior by manager.”

Stella Di Mare Sea Club Hotel, Ain Sukhna
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Ain Sukhna
Cairo, Egypt
“Bad treatment and rude behavior by manager.”
Reviewed 31 August 2014

During my visit in Sea club, we noticed on the publication board an offer saying “ask about your free golf lesson”
So I did and was told we could make a reservation from the room, however the line ended somewhere. So next morning we went to the front desk again and we got a time slot right away.
After waiting some 30 minutes we got picked up. In the Pro-shop however they told us to pay 380 EGP, I objected, saying the Sea club offered a free lesson! After the guy was on the phone some time he told me the offer has expired. I decided to pay and ask the manager in sea club about it later.
When I asked the manager about it, He told me he would get back to me soon. However upon check out 2 days later nobody spoke to me, so I asked another “manager”, this person kept on telling me, it’s my problem since I paid instead of go back and not taking the lesson. So Fact is: the Hotel misleads you with an offer and when you get there they tell you the offer has expired. I Know this happens on the street but in a 4* Hotel? To make it up the Manager at least could have given me a voucher or some deduction on the beverage bill, this would have solved the problem quick, and make a happy customer, but NO
Some other points I noticed that make this Hotel far less than 4*:
The room was not clean. The floor was dirty; the toilet bowl was covered with vomit from some customer before us?? Behind the cupboard and bed there was a lot of dirt.
So we had to call housekeeping to have the room cleaned, third day there was no housekeeping at all, so I had to call again.
The general service was also poor; normally you find a fresh bottle of water in your room every day, not in Sea club here you need to buy it. Neither was there a water cooker or coffee/tee in the room. Beside that the drinks in the bar and dining room where very expensive, 40 Egp for a Local beer or wine. However if the service was great this would be a minor point.
All in all for me a reason, to choose another Hotel next trip.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank James B
GmSeaClub, General Manager at Stella Di Mare Sea Club Hotel, Ain Sukhna, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

thank you for taking the time to review you recent stay at Stella Sea Club I was pleased to note that you booked at our Hotel , but naturally disappointed that you felt mislead .
We are very passionate in improving our level of standards and to continue improving i would welcome your further feedback in this area and i will send you a message separately.
We look forward in the hope of being able to welcome you back in the near future to delivery to you a friendly and professional overall experience as we deliver on daily basis to our loyal customers.

Francesco Fontana

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Arabic first
Cairo
Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for fun, sun and sea; without traveling for a long distance from the Egyptian Capital Cairo. Less than 1 hour with the car you can reach Stella Di Mare Sea Club hotel. It is better if you reserve your room before reaching there. Although that rooms are not on the beach directly, but they offer ChouChou train that moves from in front of the hotel entrance every 10min. Transport you to and from the beach. The best thing there is the location. 2 big swimming pools after the reception and the main restaurant, all around the rooms different pools that you can enjoy after a long day on the beach.
Rooms are clean, only needs some new technology (New TVs, wireless air conditioning system, more TV variety channels...) anyway, if you are in Sokhna you do not need to spend a lot in the room. Enjoy the beach, couple of drinks; just take care it is very hot in summer, always protect yourself from the sun.
Definitely it will remain my favorite location spending nice time me and my family. Staff are friendly and will try to do their best to make you happy.

1 Thank Amir_Matta
GMSDM, Manager at Stella Di Mare Sea Club Hotel, Ain Sukhna, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Dear Valued Customer,

many thanks for your loyalty to Stella Sea Club and for your time to write your positive feedback.

Hoping to host you soon.

Yours Sincerely

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

Although large, rooms are not equipped with tea and coffee facilities and restaurant is really far away from villas. It's not typical hotel building so u may get lost trying to find ur villa.
Swimming pools are beeing chemical treated in front of ur eyes while kids are still in the pool.
Bed in the room is on the front from ac and it's hell hard to sleep with it and without its impossible.
Room service - u are getting charged even for a bucket of ice cubes which in my entire life in more than 2000 hotels I've visited never happened.
Breakfast and dinner buffet were the same for our whole stay. U got bored of just seeing same food. We quit even going.
Internet is another story. U can catch it in the lobby but just walk away 15 steps it's gonne. Not to say that is impossible to get it in ur room as u have to walk more than 300 steps.
Beach is not soooo far away but it's handy to take a small train with runs every like 10mins. Btw they are closing beach after sunset. We were literally kicked out. Not nice at all.
Bikinis - although it's free country u may get shocked by being surrounded by all wrapped ladies and their mean look when u are in summer knee long dress or even worse in ur bikini. I got sm bad words in my direction as well.
I would of say for this amount money we spend for this hotel and ticket to get here we could of have nice 10 days in Mauritius.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank stjuardesamd
GmSeaClub, Manager at Stella Di Mare Sea Club Hotel, Ain Sukhna, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

thank you for taking the time to review you recent stay at Stella Sea Club I was pleased to note that you booked at our Hotel , but naturally disappointed about the negative points that you have highlighted.

Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Location is excellent it is one and half hour driving from Cairo Airprt in one of the smoothest and safest roads in Egypt.excellent and comfort rooms,excellent service either on the beech or in the swimming pool,excellent food specially sea foods.we really enjoyed our stay here.

Stayed August 2014
GmSeaClub, Manager at Stella Di Mare Sea Club Hotel, Ain Sukhna, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

thank for your positive feedback which is fuel for our staff has we are always striving to deliver above from expectations stays.

Hoping to see you soon.

Best regards

Backi Petrovac, Serbia
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I have only one word about this hotel GREAT
Quiet hotel, ideal for families with children, the food varied and executive, beautiful nature.
rooms ware big and clean.
i recommend this hotel.
food excellent.
i come back :)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Branislav K
Dear Valued guest,

let me thank you for the time spent to write your feedback and for your positive comments about our property Stella Sea Club is delighted to deliver good memories to his customers.

Hoping to host you soon.

Best regards
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

it's my 10th visit to the same hotel...actually I am in love with it...the rooms, the landscapes...the pool and cheerful staff...but actually I have one concern about swimming clothes as women who r wearing Hijab are not allowed to use pools even they are wearing the suitable swimming suits...I'd recommend if they allow this even only in one pool.Although grand hotel is closer to the sea but I like sea club more...

• Stayed August 2014
GmSeaClub, Manager at Stella Di Mare Sea Club Hotel, Ain Sukhna, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

many thanks for your loyalty to Stella Hotels we are always striving to deliver the best service and your comments is for us a reward.

Hoping to see you soon.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Rooms were clean clean & good but the main three problems were:1- food buffet in both breakfast & dinner were very poor 2- the stuff was polite but they never do what you ask them for!! Imagine begging them for a spoon or a coffee 3- it's not allowed for veiled women to use the pools which from my point of view is racism

1 Thank Soledad S
GmSeaClub, Manager at Stella Di Mare Sea Club Hotel, Ain Sukhna, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

thank you for taking the time to review you recent stay at Stella Sea Club I was pleased to note that you booked at our Hotel , but naturally disappointed that you felt that the food and the service at the main restaurant was not at you expected.