“Been there twice, but never again...”
Review of Scheria Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dassia
Scheria Hotel
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Dassia
Belgrade, Serbia
“Been there twice, but never again...”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

First time I stayed here in 2010 and it was ok but next time it was clear that hotel is poorly maintained and overpriced. Everything looked older, broken or falling apart especially the bathroom. Plus there was no more fridge in the room - in 2012 it was not free of charge any more. My friends got a room just above the kitchen (very smelly) and couldn't change it for another. I got room in another building, away from the beach and on ground level and it was almost twice as big as theirs. We were the last guests in the group to arrive as we travelled by car so we got the last 2 rooms available (that most likely no one wanted).

Hotel location is great, overlooking the beach but there's a disco bar Edem just next door that is open all night. Literally. And the music is so loud that you have to close all the windows to get any sleep. Breakfast is continental and basic but portioned, and strangely you don't get forks. The only staff we got to see is an elderly lady who served breakfast and refused serving forks every time... She was rude each and every time we asked for something.

Also there are no mosquito screens on windows so be prepared! AC is charged extra.

The best thing is the hotel bar which is practically on the beach, and with good music.

Anyway Corfu is worth a visit, it's beautiful island with wonderful history, but if you plan to stay more than a few days, avoid this hotel. Dassia offers several hotel along the beach.

Room Tip: Choose a better accomodation.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
13 Thank Mirjana M

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Serbian first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 10 days June 25 - July 5.

Pros:
- Hotel is right by the beach
- Rooms are clean and there is cleaning service every day
- Rooms have balconies and ours had a sea view
- Beach is beautiful and sea is clean and warm, pebbles are on the beach and sand in the water.

Cons:
- There are a ton of mosquitoes and no screens on the windows
- Everything is charged extra: if you want a fridge you need to pay additional price per day. Same goes for air conditioning. And since there are no mosquito screens AC is a must
- Hotel is right by the loudest and most visited night club/beach bar in Dassia - Edem. Parties go till 4-5am
- Breakfast is the same every day and it is not a continental breakfast but portioned exactly. We had 4 people in a group and every day we would get 4 pieces of ham, 4 pieces of cheese, 4 slices of bread... You get the picture.
- Staff can be rude and hard to accommodate any additional requests.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Una S
Belgrade
Reviewed 19 August 2012

I stayed at Scheria beach hotel from 5-15 August 2012.
When I booked the hotel through the Serbian tourist agency I did not expect any luxury (hence the 2 stars), but I also in my wildest dreams did not expect the staff to be so rude.
First, let me list the positive sides: the location of the hotel is excellent, on the very beach and has a nice restaurant overlooking the beach. It is also within a walking distance from the center of Dassia.The rooms are smaller but clean, and all of them have a balcony, which is always a plus for me. The cleaning lady comes every second day to clean and change the linen, also a plus.
Now for the negative sides. Breakfast which is very poor (for 2 people you get two slices of cheese, two slices of ham, 4 small bagles, 2 small butters, 2 small jams, 2 eggs, 2 slices of some sweet bread and a pot of hot water to make your own coffee with provided small coffee bag, sugar and milk for coffee, and you cannot get more! If you are a man, this breakfast is certainly highly insufficient. Let me also note that the breakfast is the same every day. There is not even a coffee machine, and a bufe is an abstract noun!) is served from 8.30 to 10.30, but as the lady owner of the hotel informed me, she only serves breakfast for the whole room and it is not possible to serve it separately, because and I quote: "I am very busy and I have no time to come back 10 times for each room." Shocked by this statement, I tried to explain that my friend prefers to sleep in and come to breakfast later while I prefer to have it at 8.30, but the lady told me that it was my problem! She also told me that she will serve the whole breakfast to whomever is there and if I want, I can take the breakfast to my friend up to our room!
Also, other guests of the hotel had problems as well with rude and unhelpfull staff. One girl had a problem in the bathroom and asked the hotel owner (husband of the mentioned old lady) to help her. His answer was: "Can you not see that I am drinking coffee now, I am not available 24 hours a day!" This happened at 5 p.m.!
A boyfriend and girlfriend from our group had a different problem. They were always putting their room key on the reception when they were leaving the hotel, as the guests are asked to do, although there is never anyone there and you have to put the key yourself. When they returned at 00.30 on their last night in the hotel, they discovered that the key was not at the reception. Since noone was again there, they found a hotel employee and told him that their key was missing. He got angry with them for bothering him and after seeing for himself that the key was indeed not there, he bluntly told them: "Why are you lying to me, why don't you just tell me that you lost the key?" He then told them that he will open the door to their room but he cannot give them the spare key and that they will not have any electricity (the key is also a key card and you put it in the slot near the door to have electricity)! Finally, their key was found locked in another room, and this employee just told them, you must have put it somewhere and forgot!
Also, please note that if you are traveling with small children or just want a peaceful holiday, a night club just below the hotel plays extremely loud music until 5 a.m. every night!
All in all, a very bad review, and I certainly do not recommend this hotel. There are several 2* hotels around which are affordable which much better service, as we were informed by some other Serbian people who stayed there. If you want to fully enjoy your holiday, you will avoid Scheria beach hotel at Dassia, Corfu.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
19 Thank TamaraD77
Reviewed 19 August 2012

I was a second time in this hotel and my experience is excellent. Hotel is on the beach, rooms are very comfortable, clean, with big terrace and every day cleaning service. The breakfast is the same every day but in accordance with the price. You can eat in the hotel restaurant during the day, very quality and delicious food. All rooms are with air conditioners, hair dryers and towels which are changed every second day. There is only one negative thing - a great noisy from the near beach bars, often during the whole nights when the sleeping is not possible.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank Ljiljana_10
Reviewed 29 July 2011

You will get much more than you've expected from 2* hotel. It is located on the beach, rooms are nice and clean, chambermaid cleans every day, towels are changed every second day. All rooms are air-conditioned, and have big terraces, what i find important for the seaside hotel. Staff is very kind, excellent; the owners are diligent and adorable people. Breakfast can be boring, but again, dinner is plentiful and delicious. Restaurant and bar are literally 5 meters from the sea, and cocktail-master makes genius cocktails!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple