“You get what you pay for... overall not too bad!”
Review of Telemachos Hotel

Telemachos Hotel
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Dassia
Watford, United Kingdom
“You get what you pay for... overall not too bad!”
Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

OK so here is my opinion on the hotel.... reading all those reviews I got really upset and unable to sleep for some time. At the end just decided to go with it taking into account we only paid a little bit over £110 for a week of all inclusive ... upon arrival we prayed silently it was not our hotel due to the hill but it was... the manager told us to go for lunch and then come to check in.I guess it could feel a little rude at first but once we had a little chat everyine was really really nice to us. We decided to pay extra for the upgrade and got a spacious room on the second floor with huge balcony.

The room was really clean with liads of space comparing other hotels we stayed in. The bed was made up everyday and clean by hard working maids, bathroom the same. The walls had a little wear and tear some small marks on the walls but nothing too bad. The towels were changed daily which we did not neccessary want but could not do much about it.

The pool area was not the greatest but the pool and area were clean. We are not into staying much at a hotel as we prefered to move around and only used pool on 2 short occassions. We did not really bothered with pool snacks as there was not a lot of variety but as I mentioned we did not stayed around too much. We did nit drink too much too as there was not a lot of choice for alcohol.

Food was really good. Not a lot of choice but we always found something to eat and were not hungry. The cook Derek was very nice and always happy to have a quick chat and a joke. As we were out a lot we only had breakfasts and dinners with the first one was a little more dissapointing. Once again there was bread some meat slices marmalade muslie and cornflakes, fresh tomatoes and fetta cheese. Also a yoghurt with canned (so what) peaches and honey. For hot things you could choose eggs, beacon, baked beans and sausages. You have to remember that the food is a bit different when made in Greece so of course it will taste and look a bit different. For dinner there was always a meat dish, lovely rice, pasta with some cooked or fresh vegetables. For a dessert you had fresh watermelon or cake. The best time to eat was to go there as soon as it opened so the food was still quite hot. I Recommend reading a little about greek culture to understand that the food is not too hot and why.

Ok so to summarise our experiance at the hotel we say you get what you pay for. It was not the worst hotel we stayed at but of course there are things that could have improved. The staff was very friendly room was clean. I think a bit more variety in food and alcohol coud help but I guess with limited budget it might be hard t be achieved.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank MonKo81

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
scotland
Reviewed 25 September 2013

The hotel was average but nice and clean, staff were very friendly couldn't do enough for you, there was a hill to get up to hotel, but by end of week I had leg muscles like no other lol, the hotel all inclusive finished at 9.30pm, afterwards the other bar was quite expensive, karaoke in the hotel was such a laugh, only entertainment of the week, the hotel food was, only what the chef could do with his budget each day, one meat dish in the evening and one pudding either cake or water melon alternating each night, i lived on lettuce, onion and tomato pasta, bread, the town of Dassia is small and each shop had very friendly and obliging people, especially the cake shop, with homemade cheesecake to die for, take the bus into Corfu town for only 2 euros each, all in all, the week was relaxing just what we went for

2 Thank Annette C
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Just returned from the Telmachos in Daccia and worst holiday in 20 years.
Mostly all of the bad reviews are spot on.

Most of the staff are rude and the food is inedible.
Watered down beer, Ouzo and a few soft drinks seem to be the only drink available all inclusive.
The bar closes at 1am and they put you to bed at 01.30 even if you are only sitting talking quietly and shout at you if you dont go.
Staff enter rooms without permission and young girls who have no interest in certain barmen are terrorized until they finally leave.
All in all it will be a place i never in my life return to and would advise anyone looking to go to Daccia to pay a little more for a better hotel.

Room Tip: There is no such thing this is a very basic hotel. Best option is to choose a different hotel.
6 Thank Bad_Hol2013

Travellers are raving about these Dassia hotels

Reviewed 24 September 2013 via mobile

Me and my friend stayed there for a week, and yes at first I was like I'm not staying there, but we did,and im glad i did, met some great people, in the hotel.
Be aware it is on a hill, but it's not to bad.
We went out most nights, met some people that showed us about, and some nights went to the bars, overall the hotel is ok , it's what u pay for, the beds are clean, and that's all that matters,
We had a great time and I would go back, not just for the hotel, but the fun nights out!!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Sam-j1985
Andover, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 September 2013

With proper management this could be a really nice hotel instead of the grubby dump it is. We went all inclusive in what we thought was a 3* hotel only to find out the Greek tourist board had downgraded it to 1* the week before we booked. The GTB also told us they were going to take away the licence so they can't take any more guests. Met a lovely couple and their baby of 13 months, the babe was sick all over the high chair at dinner time ant the staff removed the chair to the KITCHEN while food was beeing prepared/served. Demitri the barman threatened 4 Welsh lads with a knife on the night we arrived and he was also offering money to yeenage coples to have group sex. Another barman I think hs name is Billy, used a tea towel to wipe sweat off his face then used that cloth to wipe glasses, I witnessed that. The "inclusive" barman was drinking more than me and the staff were abusive to some young lads accusing them of stealing beer - already paid for in all inclusive. A young couple had sewage coming up through the drain in their bathroom.The german owners told me and my friend if we want to complain we can just leave. Eventually our tour operator (useless people at Hot deals holidays) managed to find us a 2* B&B down the road which in comparison to tele craphole was the ritz. Lisa's bed had a hole in the mattress, my companion had ants in hers on "clean" sheets. Some people have said it's a lovely hotel with lovely staff but all I can say is they must have very low standards. I took photo's of our room because I knew people wouldn't believe me. I am not going to rate this hotel - it needs to close.

Room Tip: avoid rooms in main building, the newer block is tidier but still I wouldn't recommend this.
4 Thank Vince E
North Wales, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 September 2013

we have been to the telemachos hotel seven times, we are going on 25 october this year for yet another holiday, now if you have booked a holiday to telemachos hotel,then you have probably not paid alot,so don t expect 5 star treatment its a 2 star hotel, its clean its tidy, the staff will look after you so long as you don t abuse them and insult them, same as anywhere in the world, greece is having a bad time at the moment so go with the flow and enjoy your holiday, do not take too much notice of the other reviews some are downright lies, see you at the bar enjoy

Room Tip: pay for aircon
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank bobthebuilder056
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I am just back from a week there and it is not half as bad as people have made out! We arrived at night time and the staff were very helpful when checking in, we were shown to our room where the guy did not expect a tip, so he received one. The staff work long hours for little money and i thought they were friendly at all times. The rooms were basic but clean enough, you get what you pay for! The food was not great but you have to remember the hotel has a budget! All inclusive closes at 9.30 but the bar is not expensive after that! The hotel is situated up a steep hill so most of my time was spent around the hotel. Would be very sad to see this hotel closed down as i had a great week and it could have great potential! Only critisicm would be to have a bit more entertainment at nights. All in all a great week away

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank LindseySmall
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dassia
Alexandros
#1 of 1 in Agios Spyridonas
Primavera
Primavera
#6 of 15 in Dassia

Been to Telemachos Hotel? Share your experiences!