“Ok holiday” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Dassia
Belgium
“Ok holiday”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

We booked this hotel for our family (2 adults en 4 kids) for 12 days. When we arrived in the morning we met a very friendly receptionist that introduced us to all the possibilities to explore Corfu & Albania. We booked 6 different excursions at the reception and we can only say that the service was ok.
The hotel itself was ok, the swimming pool was basic but no problem to have place to sit or swim. The rooms are basic but very clean and with airco.
The food was good for one week, not enough variety and sometimes very cold. The lunch pakket we recieved with our excursions was always ok.
The staff was always friendly and helpfull.
You can take the bus to Corfu town 100 m from the hotel, it costs only 1,5 euro and in about 20 minutes you are in the center of the town that is really worth a visit.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Family P

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2012

Do not fall for the travel agents patter. This hotel can only be a 2* and fully inclusive it isn't! The rooms are shabby. We were given a single fitted wardrobe and one drawer for a double room, our friends had to hold their shower as the holder was broken (yes they did complain but nothing was done) and when they did take a shower the hot water came through tepid whatever time they tried. The food was repititous and if you didn't get down to dinner sharpish you didn't get any as they never prepared enough. The hotels version of 'fully inclusive' was wine, beer, Ouzo and Metaxa! They had other spirits but you had to buy them! The loungers around the swimming pool were dilapidated. The gardens they were so proud of in the brochure were a few bushes and trees you would expect anywhere, leading onto rough ground with the foundations of an unfinished building which would have been dangerous if children had played there. Basically we couldn't wait for the holiday to be over and to get out of there.

Room Tip: Do not go there!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank Jacki F

Travellers are raving about these Dassia hotels

Bradford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2012

My husband and I booked a week all inclusive here. We were due to arrive on the Friday evening, but due to bad weather / storms the flights in and out of Corfu were delayed. We actually arrived approx. 1 am on the Saturday. We were welcomed by a chap who was friendly enough and were told that we could have 1 drink from the bar (no food). We got a cold drink and went to the room where I unpacked while my husband laid on the bed! The room was ok, nothing special but clean. The next day again the weather not great (NO SUN!!) so we took a walk into town. our travel agent when we booked the holiday had told us that is was a busy little town with lots to do, but there is not and most places seem to close quite early. We met our travel reps in also on the Saturday morning and they basically told us that the "sister" hotel is "MORE UPMARKET" but go for a visit they have a show during the week, but you have to buy your own drinks and should you want to use the beach facilities ie. sunbeds / umberella these also are chargeable. The impression I got from this meeting was to go out and drink somewhere else I have never been told to spend extra money when you are all inclusive, we were not bothered and had taken extra to go out but for some people they didn't want to do this. Please note that all inclusive drinks are only beer, wine, ouzo, and brandy - some ladies there were very disappointed as they drunk vodka and/or gin, so locally produced means what it say's - a lesson to me I didn't know this.

On the plus side the food was ok you would not starve but again only normally warm but they do have a microwave (great) to warm your food up in should you wish to do so. Also the food was replaced frequently and did not run out which was great if you didn't want to eat dead on 7.00 pm for the evening sitting, which would be too much like a holiday camp for our liking. There was also no entertainment on at this hotel in the evening.

We would not of stayed all inclusive if we had know about the drinks as we did eat out and it was not that expensive.

Would not go back to Dassis did not appeal to us.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank JM363
Suffolk
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2012

I must admit before booking any hotel I look on this website for information. My husband booked this holiday for my friend and me before checking. On looking at one of the reviews, I must say that I wondered whether I should just cancel. When we arrived, which was very early in the morning, the check-in man on the desk, couldn't do enough for us, offering cooling drinks before going upto our room. The room was fairly basic, but very clean. Yes, I do understand about the shower head, but it didn't cause much inconvenience to just hold it in my hand. The cleaning staff changed the towels every other day and cleaned everyday. The cocktails were made up very regularly, and kept in the fridge just below bar height. The food was quite good, again basic but you could go and get as much as you liked - if you could get there before the Germans, who insisted on taking anything upto 3 - 4 croissants at a time - the staff did their best to keep up. The pool was clean. The staff were nice and pleasant, always willing to help in any way that they could. There was never a problem with getting a sunbed, even in August. The only problem that I could complain about was the fact that we were told that there would be a room to freshen up in seeing as we had to vacate the room at 11am and we weren't being picked up until 2.10am the next morning. I assumed that it would be a guest room - how wrong I was, it was a cleaners cupboard with no aircon - I couldn't get out of there quick enough. But all in all if you want a cheap getaway, which we did, then this hotel is ok. It does amuse me sometimes that some people book a two or three star hotel and expect either a four or five star. I have travelled quite extensively, staying in a suite at the Ritz and on the Orient Express, and if I paid the money for this hotel that I paid for those, I would most certainly complain about it, but it wasn't and I didn't. So, for a cheapy, this is worth it.

Room Tip: The rooms at the front of the hotel have a good view, get sun in the early evening. No rooms are no...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
7 Thank HolidayAddictSuffok
Taunton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2012

This Hotel Was One Of The Worst Places I Have Ever Had To Stay At Waste Of Money!!!! The Sister Hotel As Said In The Broucher And Online States 5 Mins Away From The Hotel That Is A Load Of Crap More Then 30 Minute Walk Along The Beach Even Longer By Road & Thats In Over 30 Degree Heat!!! The Buffet Style Food Is A Huge Understatment, Their Is No Cooking Facillites In The Hotel At All My Husband Went Into The Kitchen And Their Was No Chef No Cookers No Cooking Equitment Nothing As The Food Is Transported From The Sister Hotel In A White Van That Is Just An Ordinary Van And Brought Into The Kitchen In White Trays With Lids On, Then Placed Under Hot Lights For You To Help Your Self From This To Me Is Disgrace Full!!!!! The Food Has Been Heated Up Again & Again And If Its Not Hot Enough Their Is A Microwave For You To Use!!!!! This Is Not Good Enough All Food Should Be Cooked Fresh Not Transported From Hotel To Hotel Over The Day, I Paid For All Inclusive & Ended Up Paying To Buy Food From Resturants!! As For The Room The Plugs Were Hanging Out Of The Walls With Live Wires, Their Was Birds Mess All Over The Balcony When We Arrived. The Shower Head We Could Not Move As From This The Water Was Hitting the Wall And None Would Go Over You. The Swimming Pool Was Disgrace Full It Has Not Been Cleaned Their Was Worms, Spiders And Flys In The Pool With Weeds Growing In It And It Was Not Even Full, The Crazy Pavement Around The Pool Has Weeds Growing Around It And All The Sand Between Has Gone So Your Left With Sharp Edges From the Pavement That You Could Very Easy Cut You Feet On. On The Website For The Hotel Says Sattlite TV That Is A Load Of Crap Only A Few Channels & All Were Greek!!! The Bar Was Just As Bad As The Rest Of The Hotel The Cocktails Are ready Made In A Jug With Film Over The Top Behind The Counter, They Are Not Even Made Fresh In Front Of You God Knows How Long They Been & You Don't Even No What Was In It!!! Over All This Hotel Is Not Worth Your Money Worst Hoilday Ive Ever Had!!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
13 Thank Charlene L
Liege, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2011

Smal,frendly,clean,very good local food.
Ideal for family.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank FotisG
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dassia
Elea Beach Hotel
#4 of 5 in Kanoni
Cnic Gemini Hotel
Cnic Gemini Hotel
#6 of 8 in Messonghi

Been to Livadi Nafsika Hotel? Share your experiences!