“One of the best!”

Ranked #3 of 7 Dassia B&B and Inns
Kendal, England, United Kingdom
“One of the best!”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I came here with my Brother and farther for 4 or 5 nights. We went because The nearest campsite was 26 euros a night add 4 for electricity, 4 for a sunbed.Etc. What a good decision. The room was only 40 euros a night for the 3 of us, Including Breakfast. The breakfast was a buffet with cereal, bacon, eggs, sweetbread, and everything you would want in a breakfast.

The service was 5 star. I think It couldn't be improved. The air-conditioned lounge had wi-fi and comfy seats. Outside there was a pool and a pool bar. There were sun-beds and umbrellas. we could sit in the shade under the umbrellas or sunbathe.

The room was generally great. All the rooms had a terrace and air-conditioning. the beds were comfy and the room had a bathroom with a shower. We spent most of the time playing cards in the terrace. or just resting.

The location was also great. There is an amazing grill house nearby which sell really cheap gyros. It was near to the beach. And a supermarket. The bus station was only 2 minutes away from the hotel. Overall, it was walking distance from everywhere in the town.

Just one request. remember to replace the TV in room 103.

And finally. Thanks for a great stay.

Room Tip: Make sure your room has a TV
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank NedReid
Gina P, Owner at Victoria Hill Hotel, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
A special thank you to the Reid family for their very very kind review. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I want all my guest's to leave with a smile on their faces.......I am glad to have shown you my hospitality.........once again, a special thanks.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Serbian first
The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We stayed in July in the Victoria Hill Hotel . We were impressed by the way the hardworking family is busy to give this hotel a new boost. The owners are running the hotel as of this year and have redecorated the premises. We don't know how the hotel was last year but this year the room we had (with a spectacular view to the sea and mountains) is clean and beautifully decorated. Also Gina herself prepares the breakfast buffet every morning that also was great. Gina and her family gives you the feeling if you are at home. It is a cosy and not so big hotel. That gives it a intimate atmosphere. We are for sure coming back to this hotel at our next visit to Corfu and wish the family all the best with this ‘new’ hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Johanna and Fre... H
Gina P, Ιδιοκτήτης at Victoria Hill Hotel, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Many thanks for your kind and sweet words. I am soo very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is the family's priority to make each guest leave with a a big smile. I honestly hope to see you next year and I am sure you will be surprised with the changes that we will be making in winter. Your room will be waiting for you......that's a promise.
Thessaloniki, Greece
Reviewed 19 June 2013

lt was my first time in Corfu,l booked the hotel via some friends who had stayed in May and were very satisfied . Upon our arrival we were welcomed by Gina the owner . She made our stay very comfortable and made as feel at home. l would like to thank Gina and her family and we look forward to going back!!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Voula L
Gina P, Owner at Victoria Hill Hotel, responded to this review, 22 June 2013
Dear Voula thank you for your kind words. I am very pleased that you and your friends enjoyed your holliday in Corfu. It is music to my ears to hear that everything was to your liking and that you felt at home. As I had said to you, we renovated the hotel this year and are proud of the outcome but never the less it is extra lovely to hear it coming from guests. Hospitality means everything to us and we want everybody to feel like they belong with us. Your words are very fulfilling.....we all hope to see you again.
Cranleigh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 November 2012

Nikkos is a most helpful, friendly manager who will go out of his way to make you feel welcome including a late night cap of ouzo!
Victoria hotel is a quiet away from it all experience, the pool is clean and beautifull.
from Kate and Graham

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank graham b
Brasov, Romania
Reviewed 8 September 2012

I staid at this hotel for seven nights, knew nothing about it before I arrived there because someone else made the reservations so I had no high hopes to begin with.
As we arrived, late in the night, the hotel looked nice from outside, had a nice pool and well kept lawn. We were shown to the elevator with the bags, a good sign for a two stories hotel, and presented the room we were going to stay.
To my surprise, it was the smallest room I had ever seen, at least for a three stars hotel. Two beds stuck together, a night stand and that was it. I could literally close the bathroom door, that was parallel to my bed, standing in bed. As of the bed, it was very hard and gave me back pains. The room also had AC, a fridge and a small TV. Only one power socket that worked,
When trying to put my things in the closet I discovered I didn't have room because there were pipes in it. The closet was actually two doors that hid those pipes.
The bathroom was also really small, but had a very big window so people passing outside the room could see you showering or whatever. It was a bit higher than the rest of the room so the water that puddled from the shower easily spilled inside.
The bed linen and towels were old, gray-ish, with different stains and were not replaced.
The hotel has a nice looking dining room and a great terrace facing the sea, as to the breakfast, included in the room price, it consisted in boiled eggs, margarine, a type of jam and a product similar to honey. There was also some sort of orange juice and coffee. The only person I saw working there, the owner, or manager, offered toast if he happened to be there at the time, and there was no other bread instead.
This manager or owner seemed nice at first, a funny old man wearing the same short shorts all day, every day but was not very helpful.
I do not know how this is a three stars rated hotel, I would give it two, at best.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank roxicaro
Gina P, Owner at Victoria Hill Hotel, responded to this review, 18 June 2013
I am the owner of Victoria Hill and I will be running the hotel along with my family as of this summer season. It is very sad to see photos like the ones you posted but photos don't lie and show you the truth. It is very disappointing to see that the previous manager didn't care about the hotel's reputation. It's a pity to see senior people with this kind of mentality. I have renovated and scrubbed and cleaned. IT WAS A DIRTY HOTEL. Under my management BE SURE that I will be doing my very very best so that I can get good and positive reviews. I am deeply sorry for your bad experience. I apologise on behave of Victoria Hill Hotel.
Arad
Reviewed 5 September 2012

I've spent 7 days at this hotel and let me tell you, the photos from booking.com have nothing in common with the actual rooms. The rooms are very small - actually we were a group of 8 people and 2 of the rooms were very small and the other 2 rooms are of average size.
The bathroom's and the room's floors were very dirty, I don't think the maid has ever cleaned them. Also, the bed linen was, not white, but yellow-ish, and they seemed very old. The bed was hard as a rock and the pillows were sofa pillows, actually. Also, the towels were never replaced, and you couldn't call them white. Yellow or gray is more accurate. We didn't have 2 nightstands so I had to put a chair instead. Overall, the room seemed dirty. The bathroom as well.
The owner seemed nice at first. The aircon didn't work in our room the first day that we arrived - Sunday - so he did something to it so it would work if you turned it on manually - which implied climbing on a chair and on a table. He said he will contact "the technician" Monday, to fix our aircon, or he would change our room. As we didn't say anything the next day - because we didn't want to change the room, fearing that we would get a worse one - he thought we were ok with the situation so he didn't do anything about the aircon. Anyway, that wasn't a big deal, because if it were, we would've changed the room, but the idea is that the nice man wasn't that nice.
Another thing which was awful was the breakfast. Actually, there was no breakfast. Stale cornflakes, some kind of syrup that passed as honey and margarine it can't be called a breakfast. The bread was given by portion, as the owner - or the manager, I don't know, but he was the only person I saw around the hotel - asked us if we want toasted bread and then gave us 3 or 4 slices. But if he wasn't around, there was no bread.
Another odd thing was that the manager left the door of the reception opened all night, without anyone being there. So, if you left your room key at the reception and he wasn't there, anyone could take it from where he put it - he even told us that we can take it if he wasn't around.
The only thing I liked about the hotel was the terrace and the view. Actually, from the outside, the hotel looked pretty nice and upkept. It was near a busy road so you couldn't sleep with the balcony door open. I don't know how far it was from the beach, as we didn't go to Dassia beach, but on other beaches like Barbati and Paleokastritsa beaches. Near the hotel, just downhill there was a taverna, with good greek food and also, across the main street a nice bakery.
In conclusion, I know the rooms at this hotel are cheap and you can't expect too much when you buy cheap stuff, so I wasn't expecting much, but a bit more cleanliness would've been nice.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Ana-Maria A
Gina P, Owner at Victoria Hill Hotel, responded to this review, 18 June 2013
I am the owner of Victoria Hill Hotel. When the hotel was in my hands it was a three star hotel but thanks to last year's manager it got degraded and after seeing your photos and reading you review I can understand why!!!!! I will be running the hotel as of this summer season with my family and I will be doing my very very best so that I can change the negative image that Victoria Hill has. We have renovated and thoroughly cleaned the premises. I am deeply sorry for your bad experience and I sincerely apologize for your bad experience. I am determined to make Victoria Hill the three star hotel that it used to be. Once again......sorry.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dassia
Paradise Hotel Corfu
#15 of 17 in Gouvia
Bella Venezia Hotel
Bella Venezia Hotel
#1 of 10 in Corfu Town

Been to Victoria Hill Hotel? Share your experiences!