“Wonderful staying”

Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Dassia
Florida, Massachusetts
“Wonderful staying”
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Location is very good. Has parking, wireless, pool and was very good.Friendly Staff..

The facility it self was nice.The rooms clean well every day. The pool was great and the pool area was perfect..
*Small bathroom..

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank MarioGoder

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Greek first
birstall
Reviewed 9 August 2012

This hotel was our saviour having escaping the telemacho prison hotel nico and his wifes hotel was beutiful the rooms are basic but arnt most greek hotels but the rest of the hotel is very nice lovley gardens and pristine cool pool and very very clean they will go out of there way to make you feel at home they squeezed us in a a moments notice at a very good rate too just shows there are nice people out there we had a great week here 2-08-2012 and would highly recomend it dassia is still a little greek gem

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank dave n
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2012

My Husband and I had the misfortune to end up staying at the Primavera, when we found the hotel that we had planned to stay in had closed down upon arriving in Dassia. The room was terrible with a view of some dead trees from our window. the inside of the draws in the room gave us an idea of what other people who had stayed thought of the place being covered in graffiti and in my opinion, they were not wrong. We had a dreadful experience before even arriving at the hotel ( which we explained to the staff) and we both needed to rest. By the time we woke up it was the evening and we were told that we could not get any food except crisps and peanuts. My husband who is disabled couldn't face going down the very steep hill to find a restaurant and so armed with our crisps, we went to bed. Very shortly after retiring to bed, it collapsed on my side and I spent a very uncomfortable night sleeping on the floor waiting for the dawn so I could pack up and find alternative accommodation. My husband who was exhausted slept through it. The staff were not particularly sympathetic or helpful when we told them and would not even help me carry the suitcases down the stairs when we left. Local Greek friends who we knew in Dassia arranged for an apartment on the beach front for us and we had a fantastic stay there. The whole situation was compounded by the fact that the Primavera was to be our base from where we were to get married 10 days after our arrival. Suffice to say I could not recommend this hotel to any one. We have had several trips to Corfu and love the place, especially Dassia, just not the Primavera.

Room Tip: We actually traveled May 2010 but it has taken this long to get over it.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Autumn W
Corfu, Kerkira, Greece
Reviewed 21 April 2012

My wife and I spent a week there. Wonderful holiday in a lovely hotel..

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Vangelis I
Parnu, Estonia
Reviewed 13 October 2011

This is nice budget hotel. Very simple rooms.The breakfast was continental and one fruit-peaches. In the area is car rental and some restorants.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Muduke
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 24 June 2010

I had a wonderful experience staying at the Hotel Primavera. I loved my room. The bed was very comfortable and the view from the balcony was spectacular. The staff were warm and friendly. I was very grateful to the staff when my flight home was canceled due to weather. They were very helpful in helping me rearrange my plans to get home.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank Karenew47
London
Reviewed 27 May 2010

We stayed here for a week last year; to be honest it’s taken me so long to post as I have tried to forget this holiday. We arrived in the hotel and the room they had provided us with was mouldy. We asked to move rooms and I was shown 3 other rooms which all looked similar without the mould. They all seemed more like basic hostel rooms then a hotel. I know this hotel hadn’t long been bought and was in the process of being renovated I pray to god these rooms were the pre-renovated rooms. We had to pay-per-day for the aircon, which leaked on the balcony and smelt really bad. The breakfast was a complete joke, several mornings we skipped it as it certainly wasn’t worth getting out of bed for! Stale bread, cheap jam, tinned peaches, cornflakes and juice. What infuriated us more was while we were there the managers family were staying, and while eating breakfast with the rest of the guests they were offered alternative breakfasts like chocolate spread on toast. If they were going to have their own private guests staying and offer them different breakfast to what’s on offer to the rest of us, they should not be offered it in the breakfast room in front of people trying to chow down stale bread. The best thing about the hotel was one of the staff members called Simon. He was so helpful and gave us lots of tips about the island and where to go.

Location:
The hotel was once upon a time probably in a good location, now however, I think there was only one decent restaurant in the area, I can’t remember the name but the rest nearby were dreadful. The only veggie option really was margarita pizza, which they charged an astronomical amount for! The majority of the shops and restaurants have shut down, along the main road.
There was a more hip and happening town near ish there was a bus that stopped outside the hotel to there. The beach down there was gorgeous. We hired a car as we were told it was a small easy island to get around. It wasn’t, I really wouldn’t do that again!!

Pool:
The pool was ok; the area around the pool was shabby to say the least. On a windy day the poolside umbrella flew out and hit my partner while he was sunbathing. So not so much on the health and safety side! The pool itself was very deep for the most of it; the only shallow bit of the pool was shadowed from the sun by the building, for the most of the day. It was again very basic.

The bathroom:
Or should I say toilet and ‘shower’ room. Ants running all over the floor. Shower was basically a wet room but wasn’t supposed to be. You had to hold the shower to be able to use it, as it didn’t really stay on the wall properly. It was hideous.

Further a field:
We ventured across the island to Palekatrista, which was beautiful, I think if we had been staying there we would have had a much better experience of Corfu.

All in all don’t in the stay in this hotel unless you particularly like stale bread and tinned peaches.

This year we went on a holiday that cost the same as this one had and we had half board in a 4 star hotel and spa in the canaries and it was beautiful with gorgeous food and lots of variety available.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank jennnich
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dassia
Dassia Beach
Mediterranean Blue Resort
Paradise Hotel Corfu
Paradise Hotel Corfu
#5 of 17 in Gouvia

Been to Primavera? Share your experiences!