“Very Grateful” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Dassia
Toronto, Canada
“Very Grateful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2010

I had a wonderful experience staying at the Hotel Primavera. I loved my room. The bed was very comfortable and the view from the balcony was spectacular. The staff were warm and friendly. I was very grateful to the staff when my flight home was canceled due to weather. They were very helpful in helping me rearrange my plans to get home.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Karenew47

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Greek first
London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2010

We stayed here for a week last year; to be honest it’s taken me so long to post as I have tried to forget this holiday. We arrived in the hotel and the room they had provided us with was mouldy. We asked to move rooms and I was shown 3 other rooms which all looked similar without the mould. They all seemed more like basic hostel rooms then a hotel. I know this hotel hadn’t long been bought and was in the process of being renovated I pray to god these rooms were the pre-renovated rooms. We had to pay-per-day for the aircon, which leaked on the balcony and smelt really bad. The breakfast was a complete joke, several mornings we skipped it as it certainly wasn’t worth getting out of bed for! Stale bread, cheap jam, tinned peaches, cornflakes and juice. What infuriated us more was while we were there the managers family were staying, and while eating breakfast with the rest of the guests they were offered alternative breakfasts like chocolate spread on toast. If they were going to have their own private guests staying and offer them different breakfast to what’s on offer to the rest of us, they should not be offered it in the breakfast room in front of people trying to chow down stale bread. The best thing about the hotel was one of the staff members called Simon. He was so helpful and gave us lots of tips about the island and where to go.

Location:
The hotel was once upon a time probably in a good location, now however, I think there was only one decent restaurant in the area, I can’t remember the name but the rest nearby were dreadful. The only veggie option really was margarita pizza, which they charged an astronomical amount for! The majority of the shops and restaurants have shut down, along the main road.
There was a more hip and happening town near ish there was a bus that stopped outside the hotel to there. The beach down there was gorgeous. We hired a car as we were told it was a small easy island to get around. It wasn’t, I really wouldn’t do that again!!

Pool:
The pool was ok; the area around the pool was shabby to say the least. On a windy day the poolside umbrella flew out and hit my partner while he was sunbathing. So not so much on the health and safety side! The pool itself was very deep for the most of it; the only shallow bit of the pool was shadowed from the sun by the building, for the most of the day. It was again very basic.

The bathroom:
Or should I say toilet and ‘shower’ room. Ants running all over the floor. Shower was basically a wet room but wasn’t supposed to be. You had to hold the shower to be able to use it, as it didn’t really stay on the wall properly. It was hideous.

Further a field:
We ventured across the island to Palekatrista, which was beautiful, I think if we had been staying there we would have had a much better experience of Corfu.

All in all don’t in the stay in this hotel unless you particularly like stale bread and tinned peaches.

This year we went on a holiday that cost the same as this one had and we had half board in a 4 star hotel and spa in the canaries and it was beautiful with gorgeous food and lots of variety available.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank jennnich
liverpool
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2008

We only booked the Primavera ,Dassia at the very last minute due to our travel company (libra) cancelling our holiday 10 days before we were due to travel...
we were glad they did in the end. We had a wonderful holiday in a lovely hotel. The staff were extremely helpful attentative, especially to our little girl, Martha, who is still talking about Corfu.
We found the hotel exremely child friendly, the bar, reception and breakfast room light and airy and the bedrooms clean and functional.
Altogether a very enjoyable holiday and we would definitely use again. The young manager Lenny and his Mum Brenda deserve a special mention for going the extra mile and making our holiday so easy ..

• Liked — clean , very friendly, child friendly
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank toffeemandog
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dassia
Corfu Palma Boutique Hotel
#1 of 15 in Dassia
Nautilus Hotel
Nautilus Hotel
#3 of 5 in Barbati

Been to Primavera? Share your experiences!