“Best in test!”

Ranked #1 of 8 Dassia B&B and Inns
Bergen, Norway
“Best in test!”
Reviewed 23 December 2010

That time of year, must book summer holiday.
We are all heading to Panorama Hideaway again, after last summer´s great escape there!
The garden was green and tropical, the pool was awesome, our apartment was spotless, traditional and eventhough it had air condition, the lovely fresh breeze kept us from switching it on.
The manager Sakis was very helpful, he showed us on the map where exactly the locals go to swim and the meals he cooked for us were the best!
His wife Anita was also very hospitable and it was great that she also spoke Norwegian!
Thank you and I hope we all find apartments at your cosy home - away from home!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Matthias2007

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Hungarian first
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 22 December 2010

Dear Sakis

Thank you for a wonderful stay in Panorama Hideaway, as we have travel around the whole world, Panorama is maybe one of the most beautiful places that we have seen. Thank you for your good service and helping with the planning, to see all the good local places in Kerkyra (Corfu)
We will love to visit you again next year.
The surroundings at the hotel are just amassing.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank s_nelander
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 October 2010

I booked this holiday as the Panoram was one of the few places offering family rooms for my wife and I, along with my son and his family.and having been on holiday to Corfu many times before I knew what to expect.
I booked via the internet with the owner Sakis, one double appartment for my wife and I, and a family room for my son and the grandchildren, and asked Sakis if the price of the rooms would include breakfast, he replied via email that yes breakfast would be included in the price, I also offered to pay in cash on arrival, and for this he offered me a further 80 euro discount on the room price.
we arrived for our holiday, the next morning I payed Sakis in cash as promised, he forgot about the 80 euro discount, and without a copy of the emails between us with me, I paid the full price as I didn`t want any bad feeling to ruin the holiday.
the appartments were okay, nothing fancy clean but basic, we had arranged for a cot in the family room, this appeared 2 days later in a holdall which my son had to assemble himself. apart from that everything was nice, the pool was good, nice gardens ect and the breakfast was good as well, which we all ate every morning.
the day before we had to leave I went to pay Sakis for arranging a very nice meal that his sister had prepared for my wifes birthday, it was then that he asked for payment for the breakfastsas well, saying that he normally charged 5 euros per person per day, that would amount to 350 euros extra!
I reminded him of the deal made when booking that breakfast was included in the price of the rooms, he said his computer was broken so he could not check his emails to confirm this, I refused to pay this amount, so sakis asked instead for 180 euros to cover the breakfasts, which I paid on the condition that when I got home I would forward his emails back to him to show that he said breakfast was included and the discount of 80 euros on the price of the rooms.
well, been home now for a 6 weeks, Sakis has refused to repay the 180 for the breakfasts, but has offered to refund the 80 euros on the rooms, to me this is not satisfactory, he no longer replies to my emails so I feel he is not to be trusted.
to be asked for 350 euros at the end of your holiday, for something that was agreed to be in the total price, is disgusting, if my son `s family were on their own he would not have had the money to have paid this.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
14 Thank clivef_10
Staffordshire
Reviewed 2 October 2010

My wife and I have just returned from a wonderful weeks holiday at the Panorama Hotel and Resort all inclusive. The food was very good with a good variety everyday. Drinks available from the pool side bar from 10.00am till 7.00 pm, then from 7.00 till 11.00 pm at the roof top bar, after that if you require any more drinks thats available from the camelot bar, OK you will after pay. The only downside was the entertainment, so guys it was pants, however if you require the night life you only need to walk approx 500m to the strip which in full of bars, resturants and very good entertainment and the dinks are cheap, a pint of lager for just 2 euros and cocktails from only 3 euros. The staff are very friendly and helpful, rooms are cleaned everyday except Sundays, well they do require one day off a week. If you are given a room on the upper level of the resort will you have to walk up and down a very steep hill, but on the bright side the hotel provides a courtesy mini bus from 8 in the morning till midnight. Overall a fantastic holiday and resort.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JohnBoy1953
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 19 November 2009

We've stayed at Panorama in July 2008. (2 adults, 1 child)
We've been looking for a 2 bedroom suite and booked family apartment with 2 bedroom. It appeared to be absolutely marvelous - the groung floor of an isolated house, a private yard with olive trees, a terrace where you can have breakfast in the sun. Quiet, peaceful hideaway !
Friendly owner anf staff.
Nice pool, free internet, breakfast for a small fee.
You really feel at home there.
The main street and the beach are 300 meters down the hill. Don't be afraid of the way back - some exercise can be useful.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
4 Thank Passenger-to
Athens
Reviewed 24 July 2009

We stayed here for a week and overall were happy with the choice. The room was clean, with a lovely view of the bay. There was hardly ever anyone at the pool that week so we spent some nice quiet time there in the mornings. Our room had a stove top that was really very difficult to use, because it was just below a cuboard, so it wouldnt be good for someone who is planning to do any cooking (we didnt really need it anyway). Apparently there were other rooms with a proper cooker. There isn't much personnel but the three that we did see were very helpful (although they did appear to have their hands full). The hotel is very quiet and a good ten minute walk to the main road, super markets and beach below.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LeaAthens
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 July 2006

Just returned from a 5 night stay at Panorama Hideaway in Dassia Bay, Corfu.

Had a fantastic stay, we were made to feel right at home. Sakis, the owner, can't do enough to make your stay the best possible. The homemade food is fab and varied - especially the Mousaka!

The apartment itself was clean and comfortable at a fantastic rate of 50 euros per night. Make sure you ask if you want a fridge as this was for a room without self-catering facilities.

The swimming pool area overlooks the Bay with fantastic scenic views and is great for children as not too deep.

Must do is the BBQ on Tuesday evening, this is a traditional greek event hosted by Sakis and his family - his sister does the cooking! Everyone gets to know each other and is made to feel right at home.

Having said this it is also a very quiet and relaxing place and you will be left alone to do your own thing - great for couples and families.

Having read the last reviewers comments on the service - we would add that having gone in peak season the service was excellent!

All in all a perfect getaway at a great price - highly recommended.

We'll be back next year!

• Stayed June 2006
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dassia
Palma Boutique Hotel
Primavera
Primavera
#6 of 15 in Dassia
Mediterranean Blue Resort

Been to Panorama Hideaway? Share your experiences!