“'they get it just right'”
Review of Pension Ria

and 1 more site!
Pension Ria
Reviewed 24 June 2013

As a fellow guest commented when I remarked on the superb breakfasts; 'I think they get it just right'. Guests are given a warm welcome and the staff are helpful in all sorts of ways. A comfortable, relaxing experience, which I would thoroughly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Pension Ria

Reviewed 9 May 2013

On your arrival you are greeted warmly by christine who speaks excellent English too. Pension Ria is such a find. Fantastic location off the main road close to shops, restaurants and lake .Great for walking and cycling too! The accommodation is second to none. Clean, beautifully decorated and very comfortable. An excellent example to all hoteliers. We would definitely recommend Pension Ria to friends and would stay there again .

Room Tip: Christine will help you select a room suitable to your needs.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2013

Guest houses like this one I believe, are a rare find these days and when you do you almost don't want to tell anyone and keep it a secret BUT I have been asked to spread the word!!

Traditional,welcoming ,friendly,helpful and caring are all the words which spring to mind when I think of Pension Ria. A family run bed and breakfast with that extra personal touch which is sometimes lacking in todays society. Try it for yourself..you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank karinshipman
Reviewed 26 February 2013

I would just like to share my experience staying at this gorgeous guest house. The rooms are sumptuous and comfortable not what you would expect from a normal guest house. The breakfast is outstanding and the choice is amazing. Christine and Stuart the hosts are so friendly and helpful and any problem you have whatever it may be is solved to the best of their ability, Situated a short walk from the lake this is the perfect place to stay and I cant wait to go again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Sean R
Reviewed 19 October 2012

My family and I stayed two nights in this lovely little pension and had a very good experience. The location was perfect - near the city center but not so much that it was noisy or busy. The rooms were pleasant, clean, and tastefully decorated, the beds were comfortable, and the bathroom was clean and in working order. The price included bicycle rentals and the Carinthia card (both of which were great deals) as well as the best breakfast I ever saw served in Austria (we spent four weeks total in the country). Besides the traditional breakfast rolls, jam, and buffet, eggs made to order were served with wonderful little personal touches. The service throughout was excellent, timely and hospitable. If we are ever in the area again (which was also lovely) we will certainly stay here.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Heidi L
Reviewed 15 August 2012

What can I say that has not already been said. This Guesthouse in Pörtschach is as good as it gets.
My wife and I have visited the region many times in the past but had not stayed on the Lake.
Christine and Stuart made us feel like we were staying with family.
Breakfast on the sun terrace in the mornings was not only lovely, but fun also. From the 'quirky' little messages on the egg shells to the warming up of the 'would be' tennis star Virginia Wade (aka Stuart) before his 10am game.
Christine and there son Phil, seem to do a lot of the work along with Christine's mum but I am sure that Stuart helps out after he finishes playing tennis - ha ha ha, only joking.
Thanks for a wonderful week. We hope to see you again in the future.

Andy (Leeds England).

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank AndyLeedsEngland
Reviewed 14 July 2012

We are family of 4 (two small kids) and we had a great time in Pension Ria. Its a place to feel at home and welcome. I really appreciate the personal decor instead of the anonymous international style in big hotels. We could sit outside for the nice breakfast with personally signed boiled eggs and excellent cheese and ham. We were able to borrow plates and cutlery and glasses for our dinner, also eaten at the terrace. Helpfulnes and a welcoming attitude all around. We had a nice room with two rooms en suite so there were room for all of us. The kids were welcome too. Its was a only a beautiful walk to the communal swimming facilities by the lake. Entry was free due to the Wörthersee-card, which came complementary. The water in the lake was crystal clear and 25-26 degree Celsius - very pleasant indeed.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
#6 of 13 in Portschach am Worther See
Lake's - my lake hotel & spa
Lake's - my lake hotel & spa
#7 of 13 in Portschach am Worther See

Been to Pension Ria? Share your experiences!