I booked a week at this place for our wedding anniversary, having read an amazing review in a London magazine. I didn't encounter any issues with the reservation team in Vienna, they were helpful, efficient and everything worked well. I had read the Tripadvisor review from Madhatter, luckily, so I was somewhat prepared for the little hiccups we encountered. We were there in the height of August and while some people do reserve sunbeds, there was always space for those who wanted it. The location is absolutely stunning, and having the odd family there did not bother us at all - it is an Austrian family holiday location. A little bit unreasonable to expect anything other! If you don't want the odd family at your hotel, perhaps try travelling outside the school summer holidays!
There were wasps but there were wasps EVERYWHERE we went from Vienna to Portschach and back again - and I did not see or hear of anyone else who was stung. If you do not flap they just leave you alone.
The only disappointment is the lack of atmosphere in the bar and restaurant. I do not know what the management is thinking, by not putting in adequate staff to handle the peak season. The ladies running the bar, reastaurant and breakfast area work extremely long hours and are clearly trying their best. They were polite and helpful and certainly spoke English to us. The issue is that come the evening, the bar area is pretty much dead. There are a few people who have a drink or eat in the restaurant but it is just lacking any kind of "beach club" atmosphere. But don't let this put you off, we just went next door (literally 20 metres!) to the Jilly Club and had drinks or dinner there, where there is much more atmosphere. And there are heaps of bars and restaurants in Portschach, it is just a shame that the hotel is missing a massive opportunity here, this year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tradition at its trendiest: Lake’s - my lake hotel & spa, located right on Carinthia’s Lake Wörthersee, offers a new take on the good old summer holidays in the country. This hotel is more like a chic private club – and it’s the perfect place for lounging, chilling out, sunbathing, enjoying sports activities, and simply having fun in a stylish modern ambience. The hotel offers 70 stylish studios & suites including 2 breathtaking penthouses, a full-serviced spa, restaurant, bar, beach club and lounge. Enjoy 'barefoot luxury' at its best! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., Booking.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Lake's - my lake hotel & spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake`s - My Lake Hotel Hotel Portschach Am Worther See
- Lake's - My Lake Hotel & Spa Austria/Portschach Am Worther See