“Best (new) address on the lake.”

Lake's - my lake hotel & spa
Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

Finally a fresh, modern and exclusive destination on the Wörthersee. View from the front-rooms is amazing as this hotel is on a little peninsula, allowing you to enjoy the full view onto the most beautiful lake in Austria.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Robert L
There are newer reviews for Lake's - my lake hotel & spa

Reviewed 2 August 2013

We have just returned from a wonderful break at The Lake’s –my lake hotel and spa. What a wonderful spot for a hotel, right on the shore of Lake Worthersee, with a dramatic backdrop of the Southern Alps!
Our light and airy room was a delight with a large balcony and a beautiful side view of the lake: an impressive wet room shower; a retro Illy espresso coffee machine and a thoughtful beachbag with slippers and towels, ready to go!
For those who swim there is a choice of an indoor and outdoor pool and the wonderfully warm Worthersee itself- swimming in azure waters with that backdrop what more could you want! If your choice is the pool there are large cabanas which are free- in my experience there is usually a large cost for these!
Outside breakfast was a lovely experience, with cooked or continental available, elegantly presented and lovely family friendly, staff. We were with our family and Granddaughter and she and other children were given a children’s book written by the manager- a nice touch.
The Beach bar was the most inviting on the strip. There were a few teething problems here with new staff, but I am sure this will be resolved quickly as the manager was high profile and always on the case.
All in all, everything was done with a friendly smile and we felt most welcome. We would most definitely visit here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Rosalind H
Reviewed 21 July 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights and we were not disappointed in any way. Our room had a lake view and was just beautiful. So large, tastefully decorated, styled and clean. The breakfast was well prepared, served - which we spent hours over enjoying the ambience of the lake. We hired bikes from the hotel which was very straight forward, sun bathed on the cool double loungers and swam in the lake every day.
We could not recommend this hotel and spa enough for a romantic, chic and easy get away. Our first night in Portschach was at the Parkview hotel just down the road, there was no comparison in our eyes it was so dated in comparison with Lake's.
Lake's - my lake hotel and spa is better value for money, chic and very stylish

Room Tip: As far as we could tell all rooms were excellent.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MiniB77
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We stayed in a studio with the lake view. The design was very modern, the room spacious - was able to fit in easily two baby beds, the view fabulous. We loved the gourmet breakfast, and everything we ordered for lunch was delicious. The staff on the reception and at the restaurant was very friendly and willing to help with anything. They have real Thai women doing massages - and those were also one of the best massages we ever had.

We were with two small children, and we didn't feel like our kids were bothering anyone, which is also happens rarely at 5 star non-kiddies hotel (we checked out several kids/family hotels in this area and they were all a disaster). We are definitely coming here again.

The only thing that I didn't like is that the water in the shower doesn't heat up to more than 36 degrees, and that's not warm enough for me, but it was fine was my husband.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank KASvacation
Reviewed 22 September 2012

We were staying in lakes hotel me and my family for afew days in september ,its amazing there
the hotel is very clean and beautiful and the room very clean and big and they have excellant staff and very friendly .breakfast buffet is very good and i think evrey thing is there and its served in a very luxury lounge ,and its was amazing because while i had breakfast i was enjoying watshing the lake and the green mountain its was wow.and at dinner as we dont eat pork but still we had alot of choices of steak and fish in the restaurant ,the hotel public area are very clean and well mentained ,Reception staff are available 24 hours and they take care of our wishes ,that was the best hotel and best vacation ever and i will go there again

see you again .and thank you again you made my vacation

Al Ali

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank bodylove
Reviewed 22 July 2012

We went here for our first weekend away when our son was 6 months old. It was absolutely lovely - wonderful large, light room with a huge terrace and a big bathroom with a fancy shower that our son loved as we could all take a shower together :-) Illy espresso machine and free mineral water. Clean and fresh wellness area with sauna and steam room, as well as a big indoor pool where we played a lot with our son. Also an outdoor pool if the Woerthersee - Austria's warmest swimming lake - is too cold. Lots of sun loungers and a big deck. Lovely, plentiful breakfast and excellent food in the restaurant (run by Italians...even my usually picky Italian partner was happy with the food :-) The only downside was the price, but at least it was good value - nothing worse than spending top money and getting an average experience.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank GC-and-RJ
Hotelfan69, General Manager at Lake's - my lake hotel & spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2012

Dear 'GC-and-RJ', great review, thank you! Happy to read that you could enjoy your 1st weekend with your son at our hotel. As to 'being expensive', as you might understand we are a 4-star plus hotel and we only offer studios, suites and 2 penthouses, all very large (no normal hotel rooms), which logically 'forces' us to offer higher rates, especially in the high season (July & August) where demand is very high. Try our hotel in the off-season, you will find good offers! Best regards!

Reviewed 20 July 2012

I had meetings in Vienna for two weeks and at the end my two girlfriends and I were in the need of a break. We wanted sun and water and Portshach seemed to be an obvious choice. I found this place randomly online and I am glad I did. The place is wonderful!!! It is new, clean, super comfortable and very well decorated. The satff is very friendly and speaks fluent English. Upon our arrival we were upgraded to a lake view suit. What a difference that has made. The view was just spectacular and so was the suit. Huge salon, big bedroom, big balcony - it was just lovely. We didn't use any of the spa facilities but they looked very nice. We mostly hang out at the lake as the weathe was incredible. The deck has very comfortable chairs (different options) you can spend the entire day, which we did, while ordering delicious food and coctails. The place is just a piece of paradise really. Breakfast was included and it exceeded our expectations, so many choices and so delicious!

There were only two cons to our stay. One was that there is no wifi in the rooms and the second is that there is no posisbility of getting food after 10pm. We are accustomed to eat quite late and literally the first day we went to bed hungry because we went to the restaurant downstairs at 10pm and we wouldn't be served, not even a salad. Room service was not working either, which was very disappointing.

Other than that, perfect stay!

Room Tip: Lake view for sure!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends

Dear 'Pysiu', thank you for your wonderful review, it is much appreciated! I am glad to hear that you liked your stay at our hotel and also the suite. I took note of the fact that you could not order any food as of 10pm, this should not have been the case, in general we serve food until midnight. Also roomservice should have worked. I will also check on wifi in your room, we just installed complete wifi at the entife hotel in June. I know we still have some minor issues but in general it should work. Nevertheless I would be delighted to welcome you again@Lake's - my lake hotel & spa in the near future! Best regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Portschach am Worther See
#2 of 31 in Velden am Woerthersee
Seehotel Porcia
Seehotel Porcia
#9 of 13 in Portschach am Worther See

Been to Lake's - my lake hotel & spa? Share your experiences!