“Just Lovely! A must if you are in the area”

Taverna dei Briganti
Ranked #2 of 19 Restaurants in Subbiano
Price range: US$20 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Tipical tuscan restaurant. Ancients recipes and km0 products.
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We visited this lovely establishment about 2 weeks ago, beginning of June. We would have never found this place on our own, our friends from the area took us here. This place was just so quaint and cute, very inviting. The sat in a room to the side that was just adorable and originally the owners master bedroom. The owner's of the restaurant spent quite a bit of time with us, telling us about their story and their "passion" for the business which they started just a few years ago. Everything they make is made picked ingredients daily based on availability and made to order. Nothing here is pre-made. The Chef is just AMAZING. The food was A1, definately one of the best meals I have had in a restaurant, and I can confidently say that overall experience and food was the best of this particular vacation (Total of 18 days of eating out Lunch and dinner - if that means anything) My husband and I travel a lot and go out to dinner a lot, and this is definately 5 star if not better. We just wish it was closer to our home, so that we could visit more often.

Thank you Taverna dei Briganti for a night to remember...
Your new friends from Canada.... Patrycja & Vinnie

1  Thank PML2011

Reviewed 12 November 2013

What wonderful food!! The owner Mauricio and his adorable wife, the awesome cook!! From Mario to Graciela to one other staff member, thank you soooo much for two lovely dinners with all 17 of us!! the pork "shins" and the mussels in a lovely sauce with pasta were my favorites as well as the mushrooms...to die for!! I am so happy that Padre Donaldo wanted to eat there and we were able to plan the meals ahead of time with the advice from the cook! (I am sorry I cannot remember your name!!) God Bless you and may your restaurant continue to thrive!
ciao and grazie, Kay from Dallas, TX

Reviewed 30 September 2013

10 of us decended on this little taverna on advise of the owner of our villa. The cook speaks english well and she was very helpful with food choices,the menu is in Italian and English. Food was plentiful and tasty, everyone was happy with the food and wine suggestions.

1  Thank JO14_10
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We happened upon the restaurant by accident while staying nearby, and it turned out to be one of our most delightful meals in Italy. We didn't have a reservation, but they were nice enough to squeeze us in, and promptly sought out English speaking staff to help us choose our meals. In the meantime, a carafe of the house wine was quite good, and the appetisers (salamies, cheeses and bread, unexpectedly followed by pate and dips) were delicious. For the mains, of the four I would say the pasta with sausage was a little disappointing, the pasta being undercooked, but everything else was delicious. Eggs with truffles, veal escalope with a creamy sauce and the roast stinko (I think? Rear pork leg) were all delicious, and generous servings!

And everyone was absolutely delightful! The lovely chef who frequently stopped by to explain the menu, or ask how everything was going was lovely (also, I think she was the only English speaker). And everyone was very attentive as well, with big smiles, and happy to help. Reasonably priced too, this restaurant is a winner!

Reviewed 29 July 2012

We had 3 times diner at the Taverna dei Briganti (July 2012). Excellent food for a perfect price. Nice and friendly service, a must try. Marc (Belgium)