“LUNCH WITH A ROARING FIRE”
Review of Things I Love

Things I Love
Ranked #3 of 19 Restaurants in Tulbagh
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Coffee shop, restaurant, deli, wine shop, gift shop, collectables, vintage and antiques
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I shopped at Things I love in December 2013 and only afterwards saw the Dining Area. When I decided to overnight on 30 May 2014 I knew I had to have lunch at Things I love the next day. I parked my car in Church Street, because there is rarely decent parking at the front and I had asked my friend to wait for me at the restaurant. When I arrived she was sitting at a table outside. Because I got cold we moved indoors and there was this roaring fire. What a lovely sight on a cold (ish) day. I ordered chicken schnitzel with a nice portion of veggies and chips. I enjoyed the side of mushroom sauce. Told Nisa the waitress (whilst cleaning out the dish) that the sauce was so nice I didn't need dessert. My friend said the fish was a bit on the dry side but it came with veggies and salad. The portions are a good size but manageable. The Deli has a good selection of preserves and goodies. I will probably go back there on my next trip.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

A very interesting shop with some excellent silverware buys and crockery etc... coupled with a restaurant/coffee shop. We ate lunch on the back veranda, very peaceful. The food was ok but I made the mistake of ordering fish, never fresh this far from Cape Town so don't make the same mistake. Nice pasta dishes and salad things, but not a mainstream restaurant. Good wine selection however of mainly local wines. Surely worth a visit.

1  Thank david o
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Don't forget to stop in at this little shop and restaurant. We almost missed it, as the restaurant is in back (can be accessed from Church St. as well). The setting and friendliness is wonderful to experience. Miela, Ula and Louise each took good care of us. And Shiloh's great pancakes w/cinnamon, lemon and a little syrup were so good we had to return the morning we left and have 'seconds'. We now look forward to returning one of these days and having more. And be sure to check the antiques in the shop and the two floors down the back stairs to the right. The back balcony is worth a visit.

1  Thank Rick F
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We had dinner and the service was exceptional.The 2 steaks we had was probably the best we have had in years. Will recommend a anytime. Waitress Ula and chef Shilock were a pleasure to meet.

1  Thank NeilMar2014
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Well stocked deli, wine and shop with interesting bits and pieces. Staff extremely friendly, welcoming and warm. Service a little on the slow side and the coffee not great, buy the tea and teapot was a delight to see

1  Thank kkleigh