“Lovely little place!”

Things I Love
Ranked #3 of 19 Restaurants in Tulbagh
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Coffee shop, restaurant, deli, wine shop, gift shop, collectables, vintage and antiques
Durbanville, Western Cape, South Africa
“Lovely little place!”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We went for breakfast on the Saturday and was back the Sunday day for lunch. Great food (nice variety) and very cosy. Absolutely loved the Rosemary toast and home-made ciabatta! Great coffee! The staff were very friendly and helpful. Can definitely recommend to others and will most certainly be back!

• Visited June 2014

Wolseley
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wow”
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

We've been avoiding this cute eatery because of all the tourists frequenting. Friends however invited us for bteakfast and we were pleadantly surprized. Our waitress definitely had us eating out of her hand ... I had a very tasty chicken and home-made mayo toastie. Our friend fancied prawns for breakfast!! and they indulged her without blinking an eye. See you guys again!

Cape Town Central, South Africa
“LUNCH WITH A ROARING FIRE”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I shopped at Things I love in December 2013 and only afterwards saw the Dining Area. When I decided to overnight on 30 May 2014 I knew I had to have lunch at Things I love the next day. I parked my car in Church Street, because there is rarely decent parking at the front and I had asked my friend to wait for me at the restaurant. When I arrived she was sitting at a table outside. Because I got cold we moved indoors and there was this roaring fire. What a lovely sight on a cold (ish) day. I ordered chicken schnitzel with a nice portion of veggies and chips. I enjoyed the side of mushroom sauce. Told Nisa the waitress (whilst cleaning out the dish) that the sauce was so nice I didn't need dessert. My friend said the fish was a bit on the dry side but it came with veggies and salad. The portions are a good size but manageable. The Deli has a good selection of preserves and goodies. I will probably go back there on my next trip.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Nice stop.”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

A very interesting shop with some excellent silverware buys and crockery etc... coupled with a restaurant/coffee shop. We ate lunch on the back veranda, very peaceful. The food was ok but I made the mistake of ordering fish, never fresh this far from Cape Town so don't make the same mistake. Nice pasta dishes and salad things, but not a mainstream restaurant. Good wine selection however of mainly local wines. Surely worth a visit.

1 Thank david o
Kommetjie, Western Cape, South Africa
“What a Lovely Shop and Restaurant”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Don't forget to stop in at this little shop and restaurant. We almost missed it, as the restaurant is in back (can be accessed from Church St. as well). The setting and friendliness is wonderful to experience. Miela, Ula and Louise each took good care of us. And Shiloh's great pancakes w/cinnamon, lemon and a little syrup were so good we had to return the morning we left and have 'seconds'. We now look forward to returning one of these days and having more. And be sure to check the antiques in the shop and the two floors down the back stairs to the right. The back balcony is worth a visit.

1 Thank Rick F