The Hawberry Motel(Little Current)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$98
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$77
  • Room Service
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 January 2017

Everyone has their idea of what a perfect vacation spot is and nobody will ever fully agree. My husband and I are from Toronto and we travel several hours to stay at Silver Birches almost every weekend. The staff are fantastic to deal with and this will be the only time I refer to them as staff. They have become our family and always welcome us with the warmest greeting one could ever hope for. We stumbled upon Silver Birches after staying at another spot on the island which was overcrowded with screaming children and curfews. The last time I checked I was an adult and no longer required a curfew. Last season Silver Birches expanded and put in several new trailer lots which are located waterfront. We permantely now keep our trailer there and anxiously await the season. There are no rules (other than grumpy people lol). The people that keep their trailers at Silver Birches are truly amazing people and we have developed many long lasting friendships which we miss over the winter months (but we still keep in contact). Thank you John, Rachel (my twin and backup singer) and Corey for making it a fun place and most of all a place where we feel loved, welcomed and a part of. Can't wait to see you all again!

Room Tip: Tell them what you are looking for (ie: quiet place, family area, or party place)
Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Miley1970
Friend97, Manager at Silver Birches Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

We are so happy that you drove over when you did. I adore you as do everyone else here. So looking forward to grace us with your presence again soon. Love and hugz

Reviewed 10 November 2016

The property itself is beautiful and has an abundance of potential if the owners were serious about running a business. The 2 cottages I saw, need a lot of work. The owners do not keep their promises when they say they're going to do something. They were supposed to fix the hot water tank while we were out but they didn't. Our first night (and only night) that we stayed we almost froze to death because we ran out of wood for the fireplace (which they were supposed to supply) and the fuses in the electric panel were missing for the electric base board heaters in the bedroom. Our second day at this cottage, we had to chase chipmunks out of our cottage as they could come and go freely from all of the holes into the cottage. If a chipmunk can get in, who knows what we slept with the only night we stayed. I absolutely love nature, but I like to know where I am sleeping and eating is rodent free. The owners need to set their priorities. If they want to run a business, they have to commit to it. They were more interested in partying with their friends than tending to their customers.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
8  Thank Carole G

Our website states that no grumpy people are allowed. I am sure you read that before booking. Thank you for sharing your time here with us either way my friends !!

Reviewed 29 October 2016

after reading all the reviews, my personal experience, and that of everyone in our 3 family party, is congruent with those who gave it 1/5. I would never go back there, ever. Rotten food in the stove, in the bed, mouse feces everywhere like in the bbq. cigarette butts absolutely everywhere. run down and sad, not a professionally run place.

Room Tip: if you have to stay here, bring a trailer of your own
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
8  Thank darthvinder

Hello friends. From what I recall. Your parents were extremely happy as were you after I moved you into two seperate cottages on the water. Your family was fantastic. Looking forward to sharing more stories about their country when they come back. Sorry you were initially upset but I am confidant that the situation was taken care of properly. Have a great summer !!

Reviewed 12 September 2016

I was really impressed with everything at Silver Birches in my recent four night stay there. Originally we had only planned on only spending one or two nights there but there were so many unexpected pluses to the accommodation. The spacious nicely decorated cabin came with a large fridge and dishes. The view of the water and the overhead sky - both in the daytime and nighttime was spectacular. The family running the resort are very friendly, accomating and helpful in allowing us to better know about the island and nearby area ( like the awesome Cup and Saucer Trail). I've traveled all 50 states and many countries though never experienced serenity, hospitality and nature as much as I did while staying at the Silver Birches. Thanks Rachel for these memories - I'll definitely be back.

Room Tip: Loved our cabin - number nine - though sense all cabins likely have a comparable view and rustic comfortable feel.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends

We are waiting !! Thabk you ever so much friends !! Love and hugz your way.

Reviewed 4 August 2016 via mobile

We had fun!!!! my friends and family had an amazing experience and unforgettable memories in this place. The killer view, the water were so nice. The place that we can get together without hang ups.To Rachel and Corey you Rock!!!! See you again next summer.

Stayed: August 2016

Looking soooo forward to your family coming back. Book soon.