“Drawbacks to Autumn Room”
Review of Willow Shores B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manitowaning
Willow Shores B&B
Ranked #1 of 1 Manitowaning B&B and Inns
“Drawbacks to Autumn Room”
Reviewed 6 August 2012

While overall this is a nice B&B, if you are considering staying in the Autumn Room there are some things you need to know. It is an interior room with no windows. There is an opening at the top of a high bedroom wall, which opens onto the living room. This is the only source of light and air.
Thus the room is very dark and stuffy. It has a small floor lamp and two bedside lamps that do not provide enough light even in the day. The only ventilation is a small fan that doesn't oscillate and doesn't reach the bed. So the room is warm in the summer even though the rest of the house is not. The room desperately needs a ceiling light and fan.
The room is also quite small. But it is nicely furnished, has a very nice modern bathroom, and has a good sized fridge.
Other than this room, the B&B itself is quite nice. The shoreline with chairs is very pleasant, and the hosts are nice. Breakfast is good. I'd recommend it if you stay in one of the other rooms. I actually think they should charge less for the Autumn room.

Room Tip: Beware the Autumn Room.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Travel D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Penetanguishene, ON
Reviewed 28 July 2012

I've stayed in many B&Bs and this is one of my favourite. The hosts go out of their way to make you feel welcomed...from the delicious breakfasts, conversation, information, use of the grounds and kayaks/canoes etc. etc. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Willow Shores.

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Willows Shore B&B greatly exceeded my expectations! Charlene and Gord go out of their way to make you feel like family.They help you plan your day and provide you with maps and ideas of things to do. They really go out of their way to make sure you enjoy your stay on beautiful Manitoulin Island. The B&B was very clean, cozy and comfortable. The rooms are beautiful and spacious. The breakfasts were delicious and as were the home-made muffins. I especially liked the free use of the kayaks, canoe and paddleboat. I would recommend this B&B to all my friends and family and look forward to returning to Willows Shore!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 12 July 2012

My wife and I took the late ferry from Tobermory over to South Mouth Bay. We arrived around 10pm. The 20 minute drive to Willow Shores Bed and Breakfast was well worth the stay. The room was well kept and a very good size. Our room had a king sized bed as well as a private bathroom and bar fridge. High-speed wireless Internet was also available. In the morning Gord and Charlene made an excellent breakfast and helped us to find some of the local attractions on Manitoulin Island. I would highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mistermightymoose
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 28 September 2011

My husband and I stayed at Willow Shores while we were vacationing on Manitoulin Island. The home is very comfortable. We stayed in the Music Room. The king size bed was super comfortable, the bathtub is deep enough to soak in, and the landscaping and grounds are totally peaceful. You even have your own little kitten that comes to the balcony to say "hello". I'm glad we stayed in this nice large room, which also comes equipped with a fridge. Charleen was incredibly helpful, wrapping up my leftover breakfasts in a to go container, which we enjoyed for dinner later in our journey! How wonderful is that??? The breakfasts were delicious, especially the apple concoction with the oat meal. YUMMY! There are left over biscuits for the guests in the afternoon, as well as a variety of teas and coffees. We would not hesitate to stay again!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank robundle
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 13 September 2011

First I would like to thank Gord and Charlene for there warm friendly hospitality. This was our first B&B experience and didn't know what to expect. We were pleasantly suprised with our rooms cleanliness, comfortable bed and beautiful bathroom that we extended our stay. Make sure to ask for Charlene's egg's benedict absolutely to die for!! We came on our Harley and were able to park it in their garage which was an added bonus. The location is central and is a good starting point to tour the island on a motorcycle. If the weather cooperated we would of stayed even longer. Kudos to Gord and Charlene for making our experience a happy one!! Cheers!!

Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Whitefish, Canada
Reviewed 8 September 2011

Liked every aspect of this B&B. Can't be beaten. The other reviews have covered it completely.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank John J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manitowaning
Manitoulin Hotel & Conference Centre
#2 of 2 in Manitowaning
Mindemoya Motel
Mindemoya Motel
#3 of 3 in Mindemoya

Been to Willow Shores B&B? Share your experiences!