“Will stay again”
Review of Brant Hill Inn

Brant Hill Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port Dover
Brant Hill Inn
Ranked #3 of 8 Port Dover B&B and Inns
Stratford, Canada
“Will stay again”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I was a little nervous upon my arrival after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor. Everything was in order in our room, It was clean & adequate. Bar fridge that worked! One bed was a little noisy, but the other was newer & very comfortable. The only complaint I would make is the flies. We noticed in the morning, when the cleaning service came it, they left the outside doors open while they worked & when they finished, the room was full of flies! We remedied this by telling the cleaning people, we did not require their services & therefore no flies the second night!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mary Anne C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Reviewed 15 June 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 3 days( weekend ). Great rates ( corporate ) and service. Very quiet and peaceful. Outstanding breakfast on the weekends. Wouldn't hesitate to stay again. Free WI FI and cable in the rooms.

• Stayed June 2013
4 Thank hps2051
Dunnville, Canada
Reviewed 13 November 2012

They may not have had internet in 2009 but they do now. No pool or exercise room. I am uncommitted on my rating of this hotel so I am rating everything average. Don't forget you're in a village population 6,000. This isn't the city.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Fisherman J
Mars
Reviewed 4 October 2009

I had the misfortune of staying at this so called "4-star" hotel while on business in the area. The first clue we were in for a treat was having to call someone to come and let us in. After a 1/2 hour wait she finally arrived. When I asked about wireless, she said they didn't have it (although their promo says otherwise). Anyway, the bed was uncomfortable (I've slept on better floors), the TV was archaeic, and the road noise from the highway was more than noticeable (had to sleep with window closed). The bathroom floor also probably had not been washed in quite some time (I ended up with dirty socks!). For $139 this place is way over priced. There isn't much else available in the area, so next time I will likely stay in Brantford and make the drive to Port Dover instead.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
12 Thank zoldar

Travellers are raving about these Port Dover hotels

Canada
Reviewed 23 July 2009

Very expensive for the lack of atmosphere, service and amenities. I stayed on a business trip, was promised internet service in my room, nonexistent. The desk was all locked up when I arrived at 9 pm, and I had to call a number to get someone to come. First few times it was busy, then finally reached someone who came with no sense of urgency to book me in. The person was unfriendly, spoke almost nothing to me, handed me the keys, informed me that she does not work until 8 am, pointed me up the stairs and left. The decor was morose with fake dusty flowers on the table, the TV tiny, there was continuous noise from something downstairs (it was so loud the first night that I thought it was a dance bar - then realized it must be some sort of refrigeration equipment as it never stopped). The windows opened, but there was considerable noise all night from the highway. I assumed that there was no room service (no big deal as there are lovely beach restaurants within walking distance), no wake up call service, as to reach any service, you have to go to the front desk to call. When you do, there is reluctance to help. They do not supply shampoo or anything else besides basic body wash. The regular rate I was quoted was $135 plus taxes, I paid a business rate of $110 plus taxes - that is way too high for an, at best 2 star inn.

9 Thank deliciao
Dover House Bed and Breakfast
Culverdene House
Culverdene House
#1 of 3 in Simcoe

Been to Brant Hill Inn? Share your experiences!