“Not great” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Erie Beach Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Port Dover
The Erie Beach Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Port Dover
Belfast
“Not great”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2012

This hotel is not good value more like a motel than hotel. The rooms are clean but tired looking. There is no fridge or coffee maker in the room and no coffee at reception, big perk you can have free ice! The hair drier in the bathroom was not working. I was very disappointed with the hotel for what we payed.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank PearlBelfast

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Key West, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

Yes, the perch is delightful but the salad bar trolley car filled with sweet pickled things that even your granny doesn't make anymore, the waitress' uniforms, the paneled walls, the feel of the place, priceless! Check out the cocktail menu, the drink names, to say nothing of the prices, they encourage one to imbibe. And our waitress's name was Laverne! I avoided the Shirley jokes but it was an effort.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank grahamcares
Kitchener
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

Although my husband and I live fairly close to Port Dover we seldom get down that way. Today (Monday) we decided to take a sunny drive to the beach and have some lunch. While walking around town we asked 3 or 4 locals the best place to eat. The Erie Beach Hotel and make sure you have the perch, was their response. Although the hotel is an old style (1950's) venue, get over that and have yourself a plate of fresh perch or pickerel. Once again our faith in our memories of good food has been redeemed. Enjoy!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Patricia H
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2012

We've dined here on many visits to the area and I never quite got round to commenting so....

The food in the Cove Dining room is excellent. It's very retro with the old fashioned salad and dessert trollies however that's part of the attraction for me.

The celery bread is excellent and both the pickled pumpkin and the sour cream marshmallow salad are first class. The hotel happily gave me the recipe for the mallow salad and it now makes a regular appearence at summer events back here in Scotland.

We are a bit boring and nearly always have the perch which is flavourful and fresh.

The staff were attentive and friendly and it has always felt welcoming to me.

Can't comment on the rooms as we have never stayed overnight.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Gill68
Guelph, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012

You want a excellent fish dinner this is the place to go we love it and always have a good time at the Erie Beach.The menu has a great variety to pick from,i love there hot roast beef dinner.A must try is the celery bread yum yum.When in Port Dover this is place to go,there may be a wait for the food when there very busy and they will tell you so,just relax the food makes up for wait.We Recommend it too all,you will go back.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank schken
Dundas, On
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

My friend and I stopped by for a late lunch and thought it would be fun to have a "girls" week end and go to the summer theater. We went down to reception to inquire about the rooms and the man at the desk was rude and not very forthcoming with any information about events around the town. We left there and proceeded to another hotel and was greeted much better and given the info we wanted. Needless to say we will stay at the other hotel in the summer.

Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
8 Thank TinkDundas_On

Travellers are raving about these Port Dover hotels

London, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

As a child my parents took us to this exceptional restaurant at least once a year. We always dressed up as this was an upscale restaurant and we dressed accordingly. Now almost 40 years later I still make it a point to travel down to Port Dover to enjoy The Cove Room restaurant. Granted I don't dress up now as times have changed but the exceptional service and the atmosphere here has not. Much of the decor in the restaurant is the same giving it an elegant feel. The tables are still done in cloth table clothes and live flowers adorn each one. The waitresses wear pristine white uniforms while the waiters are in black and white giving the a formal impression. The food is excellent always. I have never had a complaint once in all the times I have eaten their. Their lake erie perch is the best, but everything on the menu is good. The salad cart and celery bread are signature trademarks that have been around since my childhood. I highly recommend their pickled pumpkin! It is delicious and now you can purchase it to take home! The salad cart has all the classics, coleslaw, bean salad, cucumber salad, marshmellow salad, pickle tray, and another signature classic of theirs horseradish jello. Should you enjoy any of the salads they have cards with the recipes to take home as well as on their website. You even get the recipe to make your own pickled pumpkin. Their celery bread is an excellent accompaniment to all their meals and I love it. I always leave satisfied and planning my next trip back just to eat here. I don't mind the 2 hour drive. It is so worth it.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Tranquil Moments Bed & Breakfast
Culverdene House
Culverdene House
#1 of 2 in Simcoe

Been to The Erie Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!