“Best fast food burger ever.”
Review of Willie's

Willie's
Ranked #13 of 42 Restaurants in Port Dover
Price range: US$6 - US$12
Description: Outdoor patio seating with view of Lake Erie and indoor seating. Seasonal. Open first Thursday in March through to Thanksgiving Monday. Open 7 days a week from 11 am until dark (varies throughout season )
Reviewed 30 August 2013

My wife and I frequent this restaurant on a weekly bases. The service is great and the place is spotless. Was shocked to see staff woman treated so rudely by a woman loading up her poutine with condiments. She was kindly approached and told they were not included with the poutine when she was yelled at by the customer who felt it was a unlimited salad bar which she was somehow entitled to. The worker was more than kind to her and didn't deserve the harsh words that were said. There are signs all over explaining what the condiments are for and shame on anyone who thinks they are free. I feel terrible for those workers having to deal with customers like that. Keep up the great work Willie's. We will always come back.

1  Thank John Woods W

Reviewed 30 August 2013

My husband and I drove to down to Dover last weekend and ate here for the first time. I had a Willies burger and my husband had a hotdog. We were both very impressed with our meals. Their selection of toppings for burgers and hotdogs was amazing! We will definitely be back! Thank you!

1  Thank Joan Q
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Like a lot of previous reviewers , I had problems when I went to use the fixins. I ordered perch sandwich and fries and went to add the fixins . There was an amazing selection and they were situated on the customer side of the window . I added some to my sandwich and then added hot sauce to my fries. The woman server , who appeared to be the manager, then yelled at me to say that I couldn't use the condiments on my fries. I was flabbergasted !
I assumed that she was just having a bad day but when I read all the other reviews , I realised that this was standard practice. She obviously couldn't care less about repeat business as nobody who had been yelled at for adding a few cents of fixins would ever go back.
I should add that the perch sandwich was very good but I will never go back to be abused again by her !

3  Thank Colin J
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I took my daughter here for lunch. We ordered a hamburger, hotdog and two orders of fries. They were handed to us in a box, all wrapped up. The condiments were all outside the service window and when I was put some of the free condiments in the box for my burger the owner came to the window and yelled, those are for your burger, not a side... I said pardon, she said, I wouldn't say anything if you unwrapped your burger...I said, are you serious? She said, yes, and through a cloth at the window...

I will never go here again. She was yelling at everyone for putting peppers and onions on the burgers and hotdogs they had purchased. If she didnt want people to use the condiments maybe she should ask people what they want on their food. NEVER again..

4  Thank btoner87
Reviewed 14 July 2013

The food not bad ! But I had a really bad experience with either the owner or manager, she has no idea about costumer service, really rude ! First time and last ! Will not recommended to anyone ! I found her prejudice ! There is better places to eat in port over ,I just want it to try something new ! Big mistake

5  Thank Yani R