Rooms: We stayed in a cabin. It was sufficiently large, but was in dire need of a update. The carpet was very old and really needed to be changed. The washroom had mildew on the wall tiles around the bath. There was a nice jacuzzi tub, but mildew was present around the base of the outside of the tub. We were invited to another cabin and found they had the same problem. The shower in the washroom also had very little pressure. The whole cabin was musty our whole trip despite opening the windows day and night. The beds were comfortable, but again in dire need of attention. The frames on all three beds were partially broken.
Food: Only ate at the restaurant once. It was a buffet and was just ok. It was $35.00/person. They had chicken ,beef and salmon. Beef and salmon were overcooked. The desserts were delicious. There were 2 large groups at the resort when we were there so that is probably the reason for the buffet.
Property: FYI, definition of resort changes once you get north of Hunstville. Resorts north of Huntsville are much more rustic. The property was nice. They had a nice beach and it was sandy and shallow, great for kids. They had a few kayaks and a couple of canoes. It is a large lake, but has no little inlets or islands so canoeing is done along the shore, somewhat scenic, but not terribly interesting. Being a large, deep lake it is not advised to go out in the watercrafts if it is windy. They have a outdoor pool that was warm, but not super clean. The water was clear, but lots of bugs around the inside rim of the pool. . There was a tennis court and I saw lots of people playing. My kids enjoyed chasing frogs and chipmunks are plentiful and friendly.
If you are interested in star gazing this is a great place. We all went out on the dock/pier and enjoyed the clear sky and view of all the stars.
Overall i would not return. The resort really needs a re-vamp.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An intimate lakefront Ontario resort just 2.5 Hours north of Toronto. Specializing in weddings and four season getaways. Exceptional dining and lodging. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Northridge Inn & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Northridge Inn And Resort
- Northridge Hotel Sundridge
- Northridge Hotel Muskoka
- Northridge Resort Muskoka