Algonquin Motel(South River)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$87
Quiet Bay Log Motel and Bed & Breakfast(Magnetawan)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$82
US$72
Tulip Inn(Huntsville)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$77
US$69
Motel 6 Huntsville(Huntsville)(Great Value!)
US$90
Motel 6
Best Western Plus Muskoka Inn(Huntsville)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$168
US$164
US$178
US$149
HIExpress.com
Comfort Inn Huntsville(Huntsville)(Great Value!)
US$120
TripAdvisor
Hidden Valley Resort(Huntsville)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$213
US$207
Rainbow Inn(Huntsville)(Great Value!)
US$85
King William Inn(Huntsville)(Great Value!)
US$108
All reviewshot tubboard gamespaddle boardswagjag dealdining room ismeal planfire pitwedding weekendmuskoka areabar loungelong weekendbeautiful propertyoverlooking the lakelake bernardjust returned from a two nightthe main lodgegames room
Reviewed 15 October 2008

My boyfriend and I just returned from the Northridge Inn, and what was one of the most relaxing trips I have ever had. From the moment we arrived it was stress free.

The grounds were so beautiful, and peaceful. It was so nice to sit on the dock and watch the fog rise from the lake in the morning before breakfast, or taking a walk around the beautiful treed grounds and amazing views overlooking the lake. It was wonderful to see the stars at night not interrupted by the city lights, while you relaxed on the dock.

The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The beds were soft and the duvets were perfect. The fireplace was perfect for a romantic night in and always had a great night sleep.

The food was amazing and such a great variety. Each night I didn’t think they would be able to top the meal and they did. The portions were great, and the desert choices were very nice and big enough for sharing. Breakfast was full of choices and delicious. Breakfasts complete with juice, coffee/tea, and fresh fruit, was a very nice touch.

There were plenty of things to do at the Northridge. We played Tennis and Shuffle Board, sat in the hot tub, and went out in the canoe. Then they also had a great selection of movies to enjoy and boards games in the bar.

The staff was all very pleasant and friendly. I would like to thank Michael, Brenda and Adrian for such and amazing getaway.

We enjoyed our stay at the Northridge Inn so much we stayed and extra night, and wish we could still be there.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 12 September 2008

I booked this hotel because of the good reviews it recieved on Trip Advisor. I have to say, I don't fully agree.

I'll start with the positives:
The food was pretty good! They give you a nice full breakfast (not buffet) and don't charge you for OJ or coffee if you're on a meal plan. Dinner was great every night - good variety, good presentation, good tasting. Service in the restaurant was always fantastic! Lovely servers there!

The grounds were pretty good too. Nice little sand beach, swimming pool, jacuzzi, firepit to make campfires, etc. They have kayaks, towels, etc. whatever you need.

Here's the problem, if it rains, as it often does, there is NOTHING to do. Nothing! And the rooms are so horrible that you hardly can stand spending time in there. There is nowhere on the grounds with an awning or something where you can sit outside and read or something even if it's raining. So you're literally stuck in your room.

Okay, the rooms. The good thing is - the beds are comfortable, the rooms are clean and there is a fireplace. The problem is the lighting is very, very poor. So it was very difficult to even read a book in the room (and as i said there's no where covered outside that you can go). There is a TV and DVD player which is great, but the TV is so tiny (maybe 20") and low quality you could barely watch anything on it. Plus you have to sit on these two very uncomfortable wing chairs. The whole room was very worn and tired. They used the cheapest possible toilet paper (the thinest one-ply you can imagine). I was trapped in this room for 72 hours so would have appreciated some amenities. All in all 3 out of 10.

That brings me to value. I recognize that this place is not as expensive as others. And therefore I did not expect as much. So, if it hadn't rained, this would have been fantastic value for your dollar. Keep in mind, a lot of the reason it's less expensive is becuase it's an hour further north than your typical muskoka getaway.

Lastly I will comment on the service/hosts. Many people on this site complimented the hosts. And i will agree, they seem like nice people. However, i did have a few problems with my reservation.
1. i booked this hotel for one reason only - they told me my room had a deck that is steps from the lake. I asked 10 different ways about the deck. I even asked why this room was less expensive than rooms on the second level with no deck. They said it's because of the view.
Reality - there is no deck. None of the rooms have a deck. There is no back door. There is only the front door that is on ground level with grass in front. There are doors on either side within inches. There is no way that anybody could describe this as a porch or deck or anything like that. It's absurd. That was a MAJOR disapointment. All i wanted to do, was sit on a deck and read a book and look at the lake.

2. i asked for a fridge in the room when i reserved. They said they could do that. When i got there, they said they only have one fridge and someone already has it and it's too large to move anyhow. In their defence, they did give me a styrophome cooler for my stuff.

3. I ordered an in room massage. They assured me it was a registered massage therapist for which i could get a reciept (which i claim through my insurance). They charged me $107 inc tax. As soon as the massage was done, i called the front desk to make sure i'd have an insurance receipt - they said they were looking right at it and i could grab it when i check out. When i checked out they said they couldn't find it and that they would mail it to me. A month later i emailed them for it and they thanked me for reminding them and said they would send it right away. Still nothing. So now i'm out $100!

In conclusion, i would not agree that they're great hosts. This place really has nothing special to offer. It's okay value, but rather have spent a little bit more and stayed somewhere decent. Very long winded, but hopefully helpful to someone wanting to book the place.

3  Thank sharont100
Reviewed 11 September 2008

We attended a wedding at the resort, and was a little taken back by the condition of the room, considering the cost per night. Very dated wallpaper and carpeting, bathroon clean, but tiny. The window to the dock was too dirty to get a real view. The public areas too, were well worn, nothing to write home about.

The dinner was very good, the presentation was very impressive. The wait staff were efficient.

We didn't get much time to enjoy the grounds (beach, pool etc), so I can't comment on those.

I found the owners to be quiet, not warm and fuzzy and very difficult to contact, at the resort, on the phone and by e-mail. We unfortunately left some important items in our room, and were promised they would be put in the next days courier (COD), and after 48 hours of calling, leaving messages and e-mail, I found out they were too busy to do so. I drove over 2 hours to reclaim, and didn't so much as get an apology.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
3  Thank OntarioTravellingman
Reviewed 4 September 2008

After researching the reviews, my wife and I expected to find an upscale resort at the Northridge Inn & Spa. Instead we found an incredibly nice staff (especially the owners) on nice grounds but with a dated physical structure.

The rooms at the Inn were musty smelling with faded carpet and peeling wallpaper in the bathrooms. Given the cost and the reviews, I was quite disappointed. The word "Spa" should definitely be removed from the name (no spa services, no gym, no concierge, no room service, the only real amenity is an outdoor pool).

The food and service do live up to the billing. However, if you stay longer than a few nights then you will quickly tire of the menu choices (the evening kitchen is on a 2 or 3 day meal plan but the desserts and breakfasts change much less frequently).

1  Thank BlueBear64
Reviewed 2 September 2008

What a fantastic place and resort!!

I'd booked Northrige Inn as part of our honeymoon in Canada and it didn't half deliver as per it's reviews on trip advisor!

This place does not promise to be 5 star resort and in terms of decor etc, it is not. My only one criticism is it could maybe do with a lick of paint. However, for what a plush resort may have in immaterial decoration, this place delivers so much more in terms of service, pure tranquillity and delicious food!

We stayed for three nights and loved our time. Brenda, Michael and Adrian are a wonderful family and made us feel at home from the minute we arrived. (Actually, for months beforehand booking our package and getting directions from Toronto was excellent service too.) Our bedroom was huge with two double beds and a nice bathroom. We has the meal package and the breakfast and dinner was lovely, real hearty yet good quality food. It’s worth a trip to the bistro for lunch in Sunridge (recommended by Brenda), it’s a great little eatery.

Getting to the resort by any other means but car might be tricky but when you get there - wow. Tennis court, a tremendous DVD collection, nice bar/restaurant, hot tub, beach, long pier to the lake (great for beers at sunset), kayaks, bikes and loads more - a great all round package.

At a time when hotels like retail stores are looking, smelling and delivering the same bog-standard service wherever you go in the world, this place is a real gem in delivering genuine and personable service - with good facilities etc. A great middle bit between Toronto and Niagara for what was an amazing honeymoon. The Sheraton in TO was impressive, but this wiped the floor with it in reality – not bad from a family run resort!

Highly recommended - I hope you enjoy your stay as much as we did!!