“A Blissfilled Wedding”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sundridge
Ontario
“A Blissfilled Wedding”
Reviewed 14 October 2009

I would like to begin by saying that my husband and I were wed on the picturesque dock of the Northridge Inn & Resort over a year ago, and our guests can't stop talking about it. I cannot recommend this location strongly enough for someone planning a wedding, reunion, or simply a stress-free get-away. Simply remembering any moment of our wedding weekend brings a smile to my face because of the outstanding quality the resort provided.

I choose to book our wedding at Northridge because it met my high standards in many areas. First and foremost, it had a stunning outdoor location and strong environmental policies. Next, Brenda and Michael were warm and accommodating for any request or question we, or any of our guests, had both in the planning and execution of our perfect wedding. Also, the food was simply unparalleled. As if that was not enough, the location provided privacy for our ceremony while also providing a plethora of free activities for our guests (swimming, tennis, sauna, kayaking, canoeing, hot tub, volleyball etc.). What I did not know before I booked was that the value of our money would be so well spent. I am not exaggerating in saying that our guests still talk of our wedding being the most fun, relaxed, and intimate celebration many have attended. My husband, parents, and parents-in-law all could not be happier with our wedding celebration at Northridge.

I would STRONGLY recommend this location to ANYONE looking to book a wedding at a truly unique and memorable location.

Alexis Smith

• Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RiverCoral

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Reviewed 15 September 2009

I had such a wonderful time at this resort. The staff were friendly and accomodating, there were plenty of activities to keep busy and the food was excellent. I can't wait to return!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 September 2009

For anyone looking for a great destination wedding in cottage country Ontario we highly recommend Northridge Inn. The owners, Brenda and Michael are the nicest most accommodating couple we've met over the course of our wedding planning and we could not be more pleased with how our weekend turned out. The resort staff were excellent, the food was beyond our expectations, and the amenities were ideal. Brenda, Michael, and the chef were also willing and able to adjust their menu to accommodate a lengthy list of food allergies, which is no small feat.
Many thanks to Norhtridge for making our wedding truly memorable for us and all our guests.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
Williams Lake, Canada
Reviewed 10 September 2009

What a great way to say goodbye to summer! This was a last chance relaxation trip to kiss summer goodbye. The inn is rustic and charming. The scenery is beautiful, and the air so crisp and clean. I can't say what was the best thing about the inn, sitting on the beach watching the sun set into a breath taking red sky, snuggling up with my BF in the hot tub at night or cozying up under fluffy down duvets with a fire in our room. Brenda, Micheal and Adrian are friendly, knowledgeable and very accomodating. They helped make our stay pleasant and relaxing. I'm a total foodie and breakfast is my favorite meal - the open faced omlette is to die for as is all the finer quisine they offer! We will definately be back to the inn!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
St Johns NF
Reviewed 10 September 2009

My wife and I recently visited the Northridge Inn for a few days. First let me say, not nearly long enough a stay!!! Mike and Brenda and their son Adrien were wonderful to us, and the accomadations were wonderful. Neither of us wanted to leave. The Inn is in a fantastic location...quiet, peaceful and tranquil. Also, everything is maintained beautifully and the place was spotless. We will definitely be back again real soon!!!

Thanks Mike, Brenda and Adrien for everything and cya again real soon!!!

Vince

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 March 2009

We were lucky enough to be married @ the Northridge Inn on March 14, 2009. Brenda, Michael, and Adrian were nothing short of fantastic ever since we first contacted them in September. Whereas other venues follow a 'mass-production' model by hocking packages tailored to nobody in particular, Brenda and Michael spent lots of time going over all the details with us, and making sure that our wedding was a representation of what WE wanted. They truly went above and beyond what we (and our guests!) expected.

Our guests have not stopped raving about the quality of the food; and we opted for the most basic menu available! The fresh trout was amazing, and the pork was to die for. Dinner was served quickly and without confusion. Breakfast was also fantastic. The midnight snack was another suggestion that was a hit with our guests.

The rooms were above and beyond what anyone expected. They are LARGE rooms, each with a nice fireplace and very nicely furnished. Out of curiousity, I read some of the reviews on this site that had rated this resort poorly; I am not entirely sure where these authors got the basis for their opinions... perhaps at the Ritz Carlton in Manhattan? The majority of our guests commented on the quality of the rooms without being asked to do so. Many are already planning a trip back for girls' weekends and the like. And one guest had no plans for the following day and loved the place so much, that she decided to stay on her own for another night! The chalets are also fantastic... we couldn't have asked for anything more!

The venue itself is stunning; so much so that we elected to have our ceremony outside on the frozen lake. We were able to go ice fishing right in front of the resort the morning of the ceremony, and Brenda and Michael kindly gave us tips, and also were quick to offer equipment (snowshoes, sleds, etc.) to make our lives easier.

We could honestly go on for hours here about what makes this place (and the hosts!) so special. If you have any questions, please ask the hosts for our contact information, and we'll be glad to answer all of your questions. And most importantly...

Thank you Brenda, Michael, and Adrian for making our day so special. We will never forget it! See you next year!

Mark & Claudia

• Stayed March 2009
Ontario
Reviewed 25 February 2009

After spending a week at this small resort, we can't wait to go back! We had one of the two bedroom chalets and the view was spectacular, the chalet was spotless (and kept that way), it was fully loaded with all appliances, whirlpool bath, cathedral ceilings, fireplace....I could go on and on. The owners were always frendly, knowledgable about the area and felt more like friends than "front desk people". We have already sent the info to our friends that travel in this area and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sundridge
Algonquin Motel
Algonquin Cottage Outpost and the Algonquin Log Cabin
Carriage Ridge Resort
Carriage Ridge Resort
#9 of 19 in Barrie

Been to Northridge Inn & Resort? Share your experiences!