“BREAKFAST - WHO NEEDS IT - GO TO McDONALDS”

Hardwick Arms Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Sedgefield
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Excellent hotel with excellent rooms and excellent food. This hotel does not do breakfasts but it do evening meals. I would rather have B&D (dinner) than B&B for the same price - anyone can cook a breakfast but it takes a chef to cook the evening meals. Total value for money along with friendly staff. RECOMMENDED

Room Tip: all rooms are good
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hardwick Arms Hotel

Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

We've just rolled out of here. Really really really lovely food.

Greeted by very friendly and attentive staff. Nice straight forward menu. We chose Thai and a great choice too. I went for Thai green chicken and my partner chose Red King prawns. WOW.
Delicious, authentic and truly amazing portions.

Do we recommend. .Yes

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I really enjoy thai food and this place serves one of the best I have tasted. The food is served piping hot and very plentiful. I had the prawns in oyster ginger and black bean sauce and the prawns a really big and juicy, the flavours were fantastic, the wife had the stir fry prawns and again excellent. We just managed to finish it all off there was that much I was absolutely stuffed. The chef and his staff were brilliant from the moment we walked in to the moment we walked out. Will I visit again
most certainly and will be trying the Parmo next. We had living social deals and they are so good value for money we have bought a load more. This is one place I will visit time and time again as long as it stays as good as it has been. A must restaurant to visit if your in the Sedgefield area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 March 2013

We heard about Thai food being on the menu and thought we'd try it out.
The surroundings are traditional sort of pub restaurant, clean and tidy and we enjoyed good service. The real ale I had was good as well.
We both went for the Thai food and have to say it was very good indeed and there was lots of it!. I had the chicken and cashew nuts and my wife had the red curry. Both were spot on. I asked for mine to be cooked with a bit more spice which they did with no problems at all, taking the time to ask me how hot I wanted it and not just "guessing". It was a lovely meal for our anniversary and we will be going back for sure. Its nice to have some good Thai food so near to where we live now.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Harv67
Reviewed 7 March 2013

I stay at a few B&B on my business travels. Stayed at Harwick Arms on 04/3. Rooms are nicely decorated and spacious. Food was good.

On checking in I asked was the room quiet. Very quiet was the response. It wasnt. On main road with single glaze windows so traffic, particlarly trucks quite loud. They have a water pump system that kicks in any time water goes down any drain. that was apparent through the night, quite loud. And wooden floors creak like there is no tomorrow. Bad sleep, too noisy.

But I guess the one main thing that will stop me going back is they dont serve any type of breakfast at all. This is a Hotel. I was only actually advised after checking in and while I was having dinner. Got to serve breakfast if your a Hotel. Very disappointing

Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank SteveJSomerset
Reviewed 27 December 2012

We all enjoyed our meal tonight, from thai curries to Parmos,
Home made chips were perfect!
Staff very friendly and accomidating! Great value, Great portions!
Pleased to hear they are now doing cheapertake aways!
I will defo be back :-)

Room Tip: next time i want a takeaway i will be ordering from there!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank emma s
Reviewed 16 December 2012 via mobile

After a major cockup by Salvor at the Crosshills hotel where we were supposed to be staying, he booked ourselves and our friends into this hotel. We were the first guests of the new owner Steve. He agreed to take us in even though they weren't really ready for residents. He bent over backwards to get us a taxi to our party night at Hardwick hall. Again cocked up by Salvor. We had a drink in the bar while we were waiting and the food they were serving looked great. We will definitely go back to try it. A big thankyou to Steve as he didn't stick to tradition at this time of year and say there was no room at the inn!!

• Stayed: December 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sedgefield
Hardwick Hall Hotel
#5 of 11 in Middlesbrough
Redworth Hall Hotel
Redworth Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Redworth

Been to Hardwick Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!