Hardwick Arms Hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Sedgefield
See available hotels
Travelodge Sedgefield(Stockton-on-Tees)
  • Restaurant
Wynyard Hall(Billingham)
Bowburn Hall(Durham)
View Hotel
All reviewssunday lunchthai mealscampilovely ambienceenjoyed our meallovely mealbe visiting againovernight staymain mealstaff were attentivewell worth a visitchipsportionsveggravycoursespint
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

Me and my husband went there with a groupon voucher. We had the Thai 2 course meal. I wasn't impressed at all. The portions size were good but the quality of the food wasn't. I had a stir fry and the vegetables were over cooked. I left nearly all my meal.The young waiter was lovely. Also my husband said the toilets were really bad. So I won't be recommending this place to anyone.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tracey M
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Went for a meal with some friends in November can't believe the size of the portions they were huge, only complaint was no one came over and asked if we wanted a dessert or coffee.
Seating was a bit uncomfortable but on the whole we enjoyed the evening and the food.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We stayed here on Saturday night with a Groupon £59 for dinner and a room. The room (2) was newly furnished/decorated with a big bed and large bathroom. The floor was a little lopsided but it's obviously an old building. In the room there was complimentary soap, shampoo, shower gel, bottled water and the usual tea tray. The food was good - we had a scallop starter and soft shell crabs both of which were tasty albeit I think they over did the salad! My husband had the lamb shank main and I had a rare steak (cooked to perfection) after my first two choices were not available. There was plenty of veg, salad, chips etc. with the meal. I had to pay a little extra for the steak and the scallops but was told this in advance. We then spent the rest of the evening on a comfy sofa in the bar area. The staff were really friendly and I would recommend a visit here - especially if you can get a similar Groupon offer! We also had a walk round the village (has a couple of nice craft/ornament type shops and even a patisserie) and popped in to the Dun Cow for a drink, which was lovely.

Room Tip: Room 2 was large, with a big bathroom and bed. It is also the first room you come to so less far to walk!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KIWMiddlesbrough
Reviewed 24 November 2013

We went on a Groupon deal for a paramo and yes, the service was slow but it was busy and the portions were good but I wouldn't go back.
The pub was quaint and homely but the locals were locals and did look at you like you shouldn't be there!
Shame as it would have been a nice meal otherwise.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KarenB11_11
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Well i think i must of gone on a dodgy night. We went with a groupon voucher for Parmo & sides, we opted for chips and salad - the chips certainly were not home cooked, they were not even a good quality frozen chip. The parmo had no taste whatsoever, the salad had no dressing and the coleslaw extremely bland, infact the whole plate of food was tasteless.
I feel i must of gone to a different place having read the other reviews - either that or the chef doesnt know how to cook a parmo, the white sauce was solid and the cheese didnt even taste like cheese. We had salt and pepper on the table but when asked for sauces, vinegar etc, was brought
a bowl of sachets of various things - like you would get in a takeaway.
The place itself is nice and the staff pleasant but that is the only good thing i can say.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple