“Fantastic Meal”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sedgefield
Hardwick Arms Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Sedgefield
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Meal”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I went for a meal here couldn't fault it the staff were really friendly the pud/restaurant was nicely decorated and the food was excellent will be going back to try Sunday Dinner for my Dad's birthday.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sam303030

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
County Durham
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We (4 of us) were greeted on arrival. 4 drinks were ordered they got 2 of them wrong. We were taken to our table and meals were served promptly following our order. The food on our plates was well presented and was accompanied by a seperate bowl of nicely cooked veg. The temp of both was ideal. The parsnips and duchesse potato were overcooked & very dry. Yorkshire pudds & roasties weren't made on site. The swede & cattot mix solid & dry.

Room Tip: Food only on this visit.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank WhickerCountyDurham
Billingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2014

The food was second to none, service was excellent, we have never had such a delicious Sunday Lunch. We eat here on a regular basis but this was the first time for Sunday Lunch, it will not be the last really impressed.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2014

A lovely old coaching inn which had a for sale sign on. saw the manager in reception who didn't know if we had a double bed or two singles so he said come up with me and I'll check. I said it doesn't matter but he insisted. We followed him up a few steps then a long dark corridor at which point he said "I should have put the light on but I know where I'm going" I said well I don't and it's too dark, I then nearly tripped up 2 steps then down 2 more. I said that is bad but again he said he knows it. The room 5 looked really good and was double so he left us, the TV was flat screen but so small my husband was a bit worried about the footie later. The bathroom was brilliant and overall very clean, the room window was frosted and as we like some air my husband opened it and there was a brick wall about 6 inches away so could air but no view. we laughed and went down for a drink. we were given menus and I asked for Chicken in white wine as there wasn't an awful lot there for me, hubby asked for steak pie. He came back and said there was no chicken, we were the only ones there, it was 5 o clock and just started food so what was going on. There were 4 Parmos on the menu with chicken, hello. I got pie and when it came it was delicious but the plate was cold, I told the friendly waiter who went off and didn't speak to us again. I told the manager later who was angry about that said they should be hot. I said it's up for sale and he said him and the chef were buying it, I thought they were doing their best so hey ho. They don't serve breakfast either on Saturday so that was different. I intended to chat to him about the menu in the morning but when we went down there was a bit of paper saying "leave keys here" I have never come across this before it was bad. We left them and will not be back for more.

Room Tip: Room 5 has a brick wall view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Sedgefield hotels

Sunderland
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Was slightly concerned after reading the reviews but I should not have been. We received a warm welcome, booked dinner and were escorted to our room, which was delghtful. It was well decorated and spacious and had a large bright en suite. There was lashings of hot water so after we had freshened up we went for a walk around the village green before dinner. There was a good choice of main course. I had king prawn green thai curry (loads of prawns) which was spicy and an ample portion and my husband went for the cod with chips and veg and again the portion was large, we were too full for dessert. The service was excellent too. This is a delightful, historic hotel and we will certainly be back

2 Thank glavpuppet
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Had a Groupon deal which included a meal from the bar menu. My wife arrived before me and checked in. She went for a bath but there was no hot water. I arrived and went to Reception which was not manned. Un deterred I went into the bar and an elderly woman went and got the chef. I asked what room my wife was in but he couldn't find the booking so I had to ring her and ask. The room was big with flat screen TV on wall and luxury bathroom. The room was cold but they supplied additional heating so was fine. The floor was suspect in places with floorboards which caved in under pressure, old building but could be a health & safety issue. We went down for our meal, I upgraded to the 20oz sirloin for an additional £8 and was massive. Asked for medium but was more medium rare but was okay. The home cooked chips were plentiful and superb. My wife had a chicken parmesan and salad and enjoyed it. They had Caffreys on offer for £2 so had a few of them! We went to the pub over the road, black lion and there was a band on with good atmosphere and a pint of smooth only £2.30. We returned back to the hotel as unfortunately my wife felt ill but thank goodness we did as the keys supplied did not fit the outer door to the accommodation. As it was only 10pm we went back through the pub to our room, no idea what we would have done if been later. Bed comfy and had a good sleep. Tried shower in morning but again water freezing so gave it amiss. Checked out, no-one about so just left key on side of reception. All in all was okay but could be much better with a bit more organisation.

Room Tip: No.2 a good spacious room
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lance w
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We had a warm welcome on arrival at the Hardwick Arms. Parking was a slight problem, but we were able to keep a look out for a space and dash out and move the car from the road. The room was spacious and spotlessly clean, as was the en suite bathroom. This is an old building and the person above could not have tramped around more than they did and the creaking of floorboards was endless. We ate in the restaurant and again the service could not be faulted. The food was excellent and tasty and we had a lovely relaxing meal.
Unfortunately, across the road is a pub that has live music and what a din!
The Hardwick Arms does not do breakfast but around the corner we found an excellent tea room, No. 4 which serves a great breakfast at a reasonable price.

Room Tip: Get a 2nd floor room if possible so nobody is tramping around creaking the floorboards above you and...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lindagreenacre
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sedgefield
Hardwick Hall Hotel, BW Premier Collection
Wynyard Hall
#1 of 1 in Billingham
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,024 reviews
Premier Inn Durham North Hotel

Been to Hardwick Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!