“wedding stay”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Sedgefield
stockton-on-tees
“wedding stay”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

stayed here last nite (17th august) after attending my friends sons wedding , on arriving the drive up is gorgeous we were very impressed with all of the hotel and the rooms very luxurious the wedding breakfast food was lovely as was the breakfast next morning will certainly be back and would recommend to everyone not like Redworth Hall down the road which we stayed in march for our anniversary we will never ever step in that hotel again the restaurant manager was very rude to us and they sent us up to a room that wasnt even cleaned rubbish every were bed not made it made me turn to tears i was that upset so Redworth Hall take tips from Hardwick Hall you dont deserve customers i will be recomending every one to Hardwick Hall

Room Tip: we had room 103 over looking lake perfect
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Jon H, General Manager at Hardwick Hall Hotel, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Thank you for your great review and the recommendation.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I had previously visited this hotel for a wedding and thought it was beautiful, so i booked an afternoon tea for myself and a friend and was very disappointed . After Arriving we were directed to the bar where a man checked our booking, he then told us to take a seat. After recently having afternoon tea in a beautiful room at Wynyard hall i was extremely disappointed that we had been seated in a small and quite frankly unpleasant bar. After inquiring about it, we got told that the hotel did not have a tea room so we would have to remain in the bar. Decided not to go ahead with it so i cannot comment on the food itself, however it is a shame as the hotel and the grounds are beautiful.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Reeses94
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We stayed over night in one of the Premier rooms. The room was really amazing, the view, the bathroom and facilities were wondeful - but - to get to it, we had to walk past a fire exit door, that was permanently open, with view on open bin containers, and cigarette butts in fornt of the door.
We were guests to a wedding , and there were another 2 weddings that weekend, so the hotel was fully booked, and subsequently noisy, but what we found suprisng is that check out time was 11 a.m. , cleaning tools, bedding and towels were distributed all over the floor from 9 o'clock onwards, and gave the feeling that the hotel was like a travellodge.
The breakfast offered a choice of continental breakfast or cooked full English and had to be booked seperately. I was surprised to find HALF a slice of black pudding on my plate, a tiny hash brown and 2 tablespoon full of beans, so definetely nothing to recommend. Even McD offers a better choice !
And the receptionist obviously liked chewing gum, or maybe she was American ? She never stopped chewing through check - in, no explantion as of where the breakfast room was or any other directions - and the hotel is really big !
All in all, yes, the room was nice, but the all around service was merely average, and we would not pay that price again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Sassendorf
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014

one of the best hotels ive ever stayed in, beautiful room and grounds, but a bit loud due to the wedding party.

breakfast and rib room server amazing food. we enjoyed our stay and will definately be going back.

Room Tip: room 212 was huge and ill definitely be booking it again :-)
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Jon H, General Manager at Hardwick Hall Hotel, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Great review, thank you!
Sedgefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Visited the hotel for lunch with friends and was pleasantly surprised as on a previous occasion had not been impressed with lunch. This time however the meal was of a good standard at reasonable price. The setting is superb with lovely views from the terrace over the lake and country park. The hotel is well used for weddings and has several special events during the year and is ideal for these. I cannot rate the rooms as we didn't stay over.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel and surroundings, staff friendly, room old fashioned (304) but big, and a lovely bathroom. The problem was I ordered room service from a very limited room service menu ( a lot of sandwiches to choose from, and about 4 hot dishes). Why can't the main menu be available for room service?? I was only up the stairs! I chose the lamb hotpot and it came in a small ceramic dish with sliced potatoes on top, but it definitely wasn't cooked in that dish. Someone (I'm not going to say chef, surely not) just put a few potatoes, carrots, parsnips, and diced up lamb into the dish, covered it with sliced potato and poured runny gravy over it! Did you think I would be fooled? I tipped it out on my plate and it was like runny veg soup. It was disgusting. And the 'pot' was clean confirming that nothing had been cooked in it. I said when I checked out after being asked 'was everything all right for you?', "my dinner in my room was disgusting! ". She said 'never mind'. She knew my room number, and I stayed for at least another hour before I left but no one came to speak to me. 4 star? I don't think so. We won't be staying there again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Frances G
Jon H, General Manager at Hardwick Hall Hotel, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
I am sorry that you were less than satisfied with the food served to your room.

In addition to the Room Service menu, we also provide the full Restaurant Menu in each bedroom and offer this until 10.00pm each night.

We will certainly look to improve the quality of the Room Service menu and apologise once again for the poor standard served to you during your last visit.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sedgefield
Ramside Hall Hotel, Golf & Spa
Redworth Hall Hotel
Redworth Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Redworth
Radisson Blu Hotel Durham

Been to Hardwick Hall Hotel, BW Premier Collection? Share your experiences!