“Very good Indian food”

Dining options: Reservations
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Very good Indian food”
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Nice little place, very simple lay out and not over the top décor,which I prefer to some Indian places.

Food is superb and great value, much cheaper than city prices.I would say the curries are as good as I have had anywhere and ive tried a lot.

Always get great service and a cracking pint of Kingfisher beer.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank colin m

“Sensational”
Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

We were dubious about going on a Monday night after reading the previous report but OMG are we glad we went. It was not the usual chef but it is the best Dansak I have ever had and the nan bread was to die for. When all the food arrived we wondered how we would get through it all but it was not a problem as everything was so fresh, hot(temp) and delicious. Marked value a 4 for the first time ever - come on guys a can of beer should not be £3.
The service was excellent even in the bosses absence - an all round well done to everyone.
I am now totally assured that no matter what day of the week you want to go you will not be disappointed.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Weandre
“Too greasy! And my chicken was under cooked”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Hi rang up to place a takeaway order, told 20 mins, I came and picked it up, it was the wrong order! I ordered chicken vindaloo and Lamb rogon and tandoori chicken. But when I opened the container it was full of creamy currys not what I ordered, I rang again on a Monday night, the waiter said he was the bosses brother, and he was very sorry he would replace the meal! And I had to wait another 20 mins, so I once again travelled all the way from Duns! And swapped the bag with him, it was the most disgusting food I ever ate,, oily, chewy, and salty not cooked by professional chef, I have eaten many times before, so I rang up, again to complain they offered me a 50% discount on the next order and said the main chef is off work Monday, Tuesday, and I should order on a Thursday! Lmao that's the worst excuse I have ever heard, my landlord at the guest house, recommended berwick for Indian food, should have listened! Would have saved £25

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Trevorsmithy
Norfolk, England
“A great meal”
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Six of us went to Rajdhani Spice after being told how good it was - and we weren't disappointed. We had to wait a bit for our meals but this is because they are cooked from fresh - and it really shows. There was none of that pooling of excess fat and oil you sometimes get with Indian dishes - everything was brillant, tasty and a delight. The service was excellent and the prices very reasonable.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Biggles36
“Once again a culinary delight”
Reviewed 20 March 2013 via mobile

My last curry there was superb - this time it was superlative - Spicey without being too hot. It was called a Southern curry and the description on the menu did not do it justice. It was tastier than it sounded.
Attentive service and well priced.