All reviews sunday lunch comfy bed home from home the pub warm welcome tv hosts dog
Reviewed 24 November 2017

We stayed overnight on our way through to see family. Sarah and David were lovely and couldn't do enough for us. We went for a walk on the morning before we left and Sarah took time to give us some options and even showed us the routes on their map in the bar.
The rooms were very clean and the bedding and white fluffy towels were appreciated. I never sleep when I am away but I actually did in my comfy bed, so I was very pleased.
I had a thermostat control on the radiator in my room and I noticed USB charging points in the plug sockets. I also had a wide choice of TV including catch up and Netflix. I felt very spoilt.
We ate dinner and breakfast and both were generous, hot and enjoyable.
I will definitely keep this place in mind next time I travel that way.

Room tip: 3 rooms, all large, quality bedding and towels. All very clean and comfortable.
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank colourfly
Reviewed 10 November 2017

A warm welcome from David & Sarah for our two night stay. Very comfortable and well appointed room. Beautifully cooked food, breakfast and evening meals. Nothing is too much for these accomplished hosts.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Michael D
Reviewed 31 October 2017

Following a family emergency I needed to be in Leitholm for a couple of nights at (stupidly) short notice
The room was a nice double with en-suite ,everything was spotless and modern yet retained the original features that gave it a real charm (Exposed stone wall and original fireplace) but also there were numerous clever little touches that showed real thought had gone into the set up of the room, such as built in USB chargers in the sockets, proper coffee and fresh milk on the morning tray, premium shampoo in the en-suite,
The bed was very comfortable and the two nights I was there I slept well, even if it was a road facing room, I noticed very little traffic noise. The breakfast was magnificent, nicely cooked and ample portions.. I really cannot praise David & Sarah highly enough, nothing was too much effort , and the price was very reasonable (The same as the anonymous concrete box in the supermarket car park along the road) I didn't have an evening meal there, but the menu looked nice but I did have a drink at the bar and the selection and quality of beers was very good. Very highly recommended, I will be using this gem of an inn again

Date of stay: October 2017
1  Thank egglestn
Reviewed 30 July 2017

What a lovely place! We stayed here as we were attending a wedding at nearby Wedderburn Barns. We were warmly welcomed by the owner Sarah and the lovely bar staff and shown to our room. It was very tastefully decorated with fabulous modern amenities and such a comfy bed! We had a lovely lunch and some great craft beers and drinks from the well-stocked bar. The full Scottish breakfast (with fresh local eggs) the next morning was fantastic. The staff could not have been more friendly and bent over backwards to be helpful. I would highly recommend staying here.

Date of stay: July 2017
1  Thank Briony R
Reviewed 5 June 2017

Made welcome from the start with tea & biscuits. It was exceptionally clean in the bar area and also the bedroom/bathroom very well appointed. Our evening meal was freshly cooked and the cheese platter excellent.
Breakfast was freshly cooked to order with a good selection of food on offer.
It was a good location for us as we were visiting HHA properties on our way from Peebles (this was also a holiday) to North Yorkshire for more holiday.
I would recommend The Plough for a place to stay without hesitation.
It was a quiet location.
The only downside was the position of the TV but I do not know where else it could have been positioned, what we wanted to watch that evening we viewed on the lap top.

Room tip: Our room was on the back but the road through the village was quiet.
Date of stay: May 2017