US$102
PremierInn.com
Premier Inn York North Hotel(York)(Great Value!)
US$121
PremierInn.com
US$91
Hotel Noir(Clifton)(Great Value!)
US$92
Marmadukes Town House Hotel(York)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$90
  • Free Breakfast
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$116/night.

B+B York(York)(Great Value!)
US$137
  • Free Breakfast
US$181
US$147
US$122
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$138/night.

Free cancellation until 25/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$137
1,231 results
All reviewspark and ridehungry horselovely hotelgood sizebuffet stylerestaurant staffminute drivepublic areasone night stayboth morningscity centrewould stay againdouble roommain roadfour poster bedfamily roomfull english
Reviewed 10 September 2012

We were Traveling for leisure to York while on leave from work. Howeve this hotel makes me wish I was still at work. I booked a 2night stay using the mercures own website. And the deal was 2nights bed and breakfast with up to 40% discount and a welcome gift in the room. ( sounds good)
However or arrival the young man on reception had no record of the discount or welcome gifts. This was a surprise to me as it was a offered through there own website. Not only was our booking incorrect they had no information about the offer and I had to provide them with their own T&C from my email confirmation.
while I was at reception for a second time my boyfriend was presented with some very sorry looking fruit in a plastic wrapping as our welcome gift. The fruit needed to be binned not given to guests in replacement for the sightseeing bag we should have been given.
As a gesture of good will we were moved to a "better room" this room is tired and dated also the complimentary toiletries has been used by the last guests and not replaced with new ones. I am typing This at 12.08am while wide awake because the room is so hot we are unable to sleep and we have no way of cooling it down.
It's poor that hotels have no idea of the deals there own website are selling.
This hotel has ruined our trip to York

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank KKCCarlisle12
Reviewed 8 September 2012

My husband and I got married here this week, the whole experience was amazing from start to finish. The service was second to none, the venue is fantastic and have got some amazing photos with superb backdrops, and the weddinf package was excellent value for money, if I was given the opportunity I wouldn't change a single thing. Thanks to everyone there, in particular the wedding coordinator Leanne, and steve who looked after everyone was looked after on the day and everything was perfect. I'll cherish the memories forever.

• Stayed: September 2012
Kevin M, General Manager at Mercure York Fairfield Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2012

Dear Guest,

Congratulations on recently getting married. It is important to us that a day that carries so much significance is thoroughly enjoyed, and we wish you all the best for the future.

Reviewed 7 September 2012

I recently stayed here on business and was not disappointed. Clean, spacious rooms with good sized bathroom, tea and coffee making facilities and TV this room had everything I needed. The star attraction was the bed - it was like an island! You could take a running leap at it and not fall off the end!

I had a great night sleep and was not disturbed by other guests heading to their rooms. The food in the hotel was great. Breakfast is a feast where you can choose from fresh fruit, pastries or a cooked breakfast with freshly percolated coffee. A great start to the day!

I had lunch and dinner at the hotel and would recommend this. Lunch is set up in a buffet style and the evening meal comes from the menu. Prices at the bar were reasonable and it was a good meeting place for the people attending our conference. If you fancy heading elsewhere turn right outside the hotel and there is another bar down the road with, I'm told, great ales if that is your drink of choice.

The hotel is a few miles out of the centre of York so be prepared to get a taxi. We attempted a trip into the city but our taxi took so long to arrive we cancelled it and made our way to the pub down the road instead.

The staff are all very pleasant and I found customer service at the hotel to be excellent. The decor in the main reception is a bit old fashioned looking but look past that because it's worth a stay at the hotel. We used the conference room and the facilities were fine. The hotel also provided refreshments which kept us going throughout the day.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Laura T
Kevin M, General Manager at Mercure York Fairfield Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing us with such a positive response related to your recent stay. The hotel has a fantastic array of attractions close by, and we are pleased that you have chosen our venue for your conference. We look forward to your imminent return to York.

Reviewed 31 August 2012

We were both really pleased with the welcome and excellent service that we received when we stayed for our 40th Wedding Anniversary on the 4th/5th August.

The room was excellent and the management had even left an anniversary card in our room. The chef needs a special mention for the very high standards and presentation.

All in all we would highly recommend this hotel to family, friends and anyone else.

Room Tip: Corner suits are very large and sunny.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Phillip H
Kevin M, General Manager at Mercure York Fairfield Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2012

Dear Guest,

We would like to extend our belated congratulations to you on your anniversary. Thank you for providing us with such a lovely review, and your kind comments will be passed on to our Head Chef and his team.

Reviewed 29 August 2012

We stayed for two nights here and found that the staff especially in the restaurant were absolutely amazing! The hotel was very clean and the rooms a generous size. Although, we were slightly disappointed we had No ironing facilities in the room (a small niggle if anything) The food was the best we have ever tasted from a hotel restaurant. The staff were very accommodating to our requests and considering their lengthy sifts very pleasent both morning and evenings. Although we were very tempted to stay in York to eat one of the nights the superb service at the hotel restaurant meant we came back early, I would drive the distance from our house to eat there! Beware if you are going the bar is a bit pricey! Overall we had a fantastic stay there and would recommend it to anyone going up to the York area.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mark C
Kevin M, General Manager at Mercure York Fairfield Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2012

Dear Guest,

We are encouraged by your positive comments regarding our very loyal and much appreciated staff. Your feedback will be communicated to all the staff involved, and we look forward to inviting you back to York.