“Good value two night stay with breakfast and dinner on first night”

Mercure York Fairfield Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Skelton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Lancashire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 December 2013

We stayed at the Mercure York over the St Nicholas Fayre weekend. The hotel is situated very near to the park and ride which made getting into York very easy - apart from the huge queues at the park and ride! We received a friendly welcome on check in at the hotel. The room appeared not to be a basic room and was nicely decorated, clean and cosy. Breakfast was excellent and, despite the restaurant being very busy, the staff were very efficient. We would definitely stay here again when visiting York.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Kevin M, Manager at Mercure York Fairfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your lovely review. I am please to read that we met your expectations and that you had an enjoyable time over the St Nick’s Fare weekend. I do look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your next visit to York.

Belper, England
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Stayed here with my partner for one night, while we went Christmas shopping in york. Upon arrival I went to the main desk and spoke to a gentleman who checked me in.I stood around while he tapped away on his computer after five mins we were given a very rushed direction of where our room was and he left it at that.I was stood in the reception while my partner returned to the car as she had forgotten something in this time I heard no less than 5 swear words come from the main reception and a very disturbing conversation about another staff member very off putting. I purchased the breakfast after the suggestions from the front desk, For £10 I wish I hadn't bothered the selection was to say the least poor and what they did have was not to a standard I would expect. To some up our stay the hotel looked lovely the room was spacious, clean and very well stocked with toiletries and towels. If you just replaced some of the staff and the food it would of been fantastic. I will not be returning to this hotel this is a shame as its very well placed and very clean.

• Stayed December 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review. I was disappointed to read of your experience while staying at our hotel. I would like to assure you that this matter is being investigated and that the appropriate measure will be implemented to ensure our guests are not inconvenienced in any way.

I do hope you will choose to visit us again on your next visit to York where I am confident you will experience our true levels of service and hospitality.

lincolnshire england
Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

I booked here on recommendation for a birthday weekend for my husband and i, booking on booking.com i paid the night i booked but alas have to cancel due to a personal family illness necessiting a trip abroad to see this family member possibly for the last time. I called the hotel and found i cldnt change the week i could only cancel and lose my money. I was told the room was available the following week but i would have to pay again, i asked if a manager could call me as these were very exceptional circumstances not just cancelling for ia minor reason, IHAVE RECIEVED NO SUCH CALL IN 9 DAYS since calling the hotel, i have been ignored via email after 2 follow up attempts to retain this booking, NOTHING not even a sorry no nothing we can do......we were here for this weekend shopping in york but also to look for a future wedding accommodation for some 60 people who would all dine there too on one night, well not even a consideration now, i have used booking.com all over the world and uk for years with the odd hiccup that was remedied and a booking moved when i was rushed into hospital, this hotel was the worst of the worst resulting for communication and customer care!!!!!!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,

Having read your comments, it is unfortunate that we are bound by the terms and conditions as stipulated when booking a pre paid offer.

Derbyshire
Reviewed 7 December 2013

My wife and I spent two days at the Fairfield Hotel. The situation is excellent. It is only half a mile from the "park & ride" which takes you into the centre of York. The carpark is free, which make a pleasant change. On arrival we wre met by a very pleasant male receptionist who went out of his way to be helpful. Our room, a twinbedded one, eas of a very high standard. Very clean, with all services working. There is a separate lounge area should anyone wish to use it, and a very pleasant bar area. The restaurant is spacious and well lit. Service in the restaurant was excellent, as was the standard of food. We both had a three course meal on both evenings and were delighted with the variety and standard of the cuisine. The breakfast was self service. this consisted of a variety of fruit/cereal with a fully cooked English breakfast on a self service basis. All the items were hot and cooked correctly. The staff were very helpful. This is certainly an hotel which I would return to.

Room Tip: Room 104 is in an excellent position.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vanroyce
Kevin M, Manager at Mercure York Fairfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 8 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay, particularly the excellent service you received. I do agree with your feedback regarding our location to the park and ride and our free parking as this does add value.
We do look forward to you staying with us on your next visit to York.

We would like to wish you a Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year from everyone at the Mercure York.

Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Needed a hotel for the UK snooker champs at the barbican centre in york. Arrived late on sunday night and night porter martin was very helpful. We had the two superior rooms 410 & 412 ~ they were excellent. Only small complaint was there was a shortage of sugar/tea & coffee but got some more from reception.I decided to eat off the lounge menu as the restaurant doesnt open till 6.30. Young barman was excellent 2 of us had sirloin which was lovely & the ladies had the wellington which they enjoyed. Hope the snooker will stay in york & will return here if it does.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Kevin M, Manager at Mercure York Fairfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review. I was pleased to read that your expectations were met and that you found the food and bedrooms to be of a good standard. I do hope you enjoyed the snooker and we do look forward to your staying with us again on your next return to York.

Kevin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Skelton
The Grand Hotel & Spa
Hotel Noir
#1 of 2 in Clifton
York Marriott Hotel
Holiday Inn Express York

Been to Mercure York Fairfield Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!