US$102
PremierInn.com
Premier Inn York North Hotel(York)(Great Value!)
US$121
PremierInn.com
US$91
US$88
Travelocity
Hotel Noir(Clifton)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$90
Marmadukes Town House Hotel(York)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$81
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$117/night.

B+B York(York)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$123
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$138/night.

Free cancellation until 25/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$137
1,231 results
All reviewspark and ridehungry horselovely hotelgood sizebuffet stylerestaurant staffminute drivepublic areasone night stayboth morningscity centrewould stay againdouble roommain roadfour poster bedfamily roomfull english
Reviewed 17 August 2017

This hotel is situated about 5 Km from the city centre and is in the country side. It is in very pleasant surroundings, with a park & bus facility nearby and easy hotel parking. Reception was quick and efficient, our room spacious and clean, as was the bathroom, beds very comfortable, although our view was of the roof of the building next door. Unfortunately, after being out site seeing for the day, we got home to the hotel at 6.30 pm to find that the room had not been made up. Towels were send up after I complained to reception and the hotel were very apologetic. They later called and again apologised and offer to refund us ₤45.00. I therefore feel it was a genuine mistake. I hope that the lady involved was not penalised too heavily.
We decided to stay at the hotel for dinner. A big mistake. I had a prawn and lobster entre – frozen and tasteless tiny prawns and some sort of minute other pieces of seafood. We then had the main of lamb. At ₤17 for six small medallions of very tough lamb or mutton, was not what I call a meal of any quality. Extremely expensive and very low quality. If you stay at this hotel, I would not recommend not eating here. I must add that the service was extremely good.
The hotel is an old manor house and to get from reception to our room was a little like being in a rabbit warren, with many stairs and fire doors to navigate. Not at all suitable for older people or with large suit cases. The Wifi was good, however the room has no mini bar, air conditioning, mini safe or drinking glasses. The room was heated.
I think I would look for a hotel nearer to the city next time.

Room Tip: Book the new wing.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Gordon S, General Manager at Mercure York Fairfield Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Dear Tony H, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and kind comments on our service and cleanliness. However, I am sorry that your dinner experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. Please rest assured that I am following this up directly with my head chef. I am pleased to read that the room servicing error was addressed and resolved.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

We chose to stay here for 2 nights the second week of august after staying and enjoying it a few years back. We arrived early evening and just about managed to get a table for dinner due to a coach party of tourists taking up the rest of the restaurant. We ordered wine and food but asked for a dirty wine glass to be changed. It was curtly removed by the lady from the bar who bought our drinks but no replacement glass arrived. It was finally replaced when we asked a passing waitress. The food was disappointingly ordinary for the price, especially after the fabulous food we'd had a few years back where the restaurant experience felt special and the staff were knowledgeable and attentive.
Ordering drinks at the bar also seemed a chore for the same lady behind the bar. She definitely didn't do customer service with a smile.
The room was dated but clean. It didn't have lift access and was up 3 flights of stairs, tricky with 3 suitcases. The bathroom again was dated but clean. However after flushing the toilet the cistern continued to trickle for about 30 minutes, annoying when you're trying to sleep. The shower head was fixed so low I had to crouch to shower and I'm only just over 5 ft! The water pressure was bad and kept going on and off during the shower, the water going cold as it came back on. When we got into bed we became aware of a foul smell coming from the sink and coming into the room. It had luckily gone by the morning.
At breakfast we were given instruction as to which table to sit at but we sat at the one next to it by mistake. We then had a a shouting match across the length of the restaurant as to why we'd been told to sit there by the female ? supervisor to the young waiter who'd greeted us, to which he shouted back that he hadn't told us to sit there. It was really embarrassing and I felt like a naughty school child, only for the next family to sit at that table anyway!
When we went to check out on our last day there was a notice on reception saying they were away from desk but call an extension to get attention. A man waiting to check in had rung the number with no response, so we tried as well. Still no response so my husband went to find receptionist. She was surly and didn't apologise, didn't ask if we enjoyed our stay etc just took the money and that was it. Couldn't wait to leave and felt completely ripped off. The next leg of our journey involved staying in a premier inn, more than half the price and fantastic. Have learned my lesson.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank vjmji

Dear vjmji, thank you for returning and sharing your feedback and first and foremost, please accept my sincere personal apologies for the unacceptable service standards experienced at dinner, breakfast and check-out. This is not typical of the standards that we strive to exceed on a consistent basis and please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the challenges and prevent a future occurrence.
Yours sincerely

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

The hotel is set in beautiful grounds. Inside it is quite grand. My room was excellent with beautiful fittings. Breakfast was an excellent buffet. Staff were friendly and helpful. It's very close the the York Park and Ride which is a great way to get into York and much cheaper than parking in York.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Geoff S, thank you for adding your feedback and pleased that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

I am checking out of this hotel this morning and was hoping to leave a comment card for them privately in the room - yet they don't provide a card to do so leaving me with no option but to review them on here.
I will never be coming back here and neither should anyone else. The shower has zero water pressure so good luck taking a shower, the towel warmer is simply for looks, they love to be green yet the bathroom fan doesn't turn off until 7 minutes after you leave, the food here is at the very least edible and the rooms are not worth even close to what they charge for them.
Save your time, money, and disappointment and go elsewhere. I feel like this hotel might have paid people to five them good reviews because they currently have four stars on here - they are DEFINITELY far from deserving of that.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank evanwkatz

Dear evanwkatz, thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience and I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short.

Reviewed 29 July 2017

Booked to go to this hotel on the 28th July but cancelled on the 27th due to commitments. Was informed as long as I cancelled before 2 on the day would not be charged. On the 28th July when I tried to pay for some items my card declined. When I checked this on the 28th the hotel had decided to take the preauthorisation even though I cancelled the day before and it should not have been taken. When ringing the hotel was told 'sorry' nothing they can do and they have to do this in case we had not shown when I explained it was cancelled day before so why then take it just excuses made. so now have to wait God only knows how many days for this to be released into my account.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
6  Thank 53Sarah
Gordon S, General Manager at Mercure York Fairfield Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Dear 53Sarah, please accept my sincere apologies for the issues caused by the genuine error. We have reviewed our procedures and addressed with the individual involved.