“Decent adventure. Points for location”

The Congo Trail Canopy Tour
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Artola
Fairfield, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Decent adventure. Points for location”
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

We went to Congo trail canopy tour due to it being 10 minutes from the Riu Palace where we were staying.
Note there are 2 tours here: the canopy tour and the extreme tour. The canopy tour is what we did. There are 9 zip lines. Half of which are extremely short and slow. The Tarzan swing and side by side zip lines are the other tour. The guides and staff were mostly unfriendly and impatient and made you feel rushed.
Like I said, proximity is what brought us here and I'm still glad we went. With young kids and scared adults in the group, the adventure was just right.
Carlos Campos (the guy on the beach with the yellow shirt and white hat) set us up with the tour and was willing to negotiate. His English is great and I would use his services again.
Best part was the small rescue center they had at the end! We held snakes and 2 different monkeys! Great memories!

1 Thank kidsdoc707

New York City, New York
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Monkey loving”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We were only here to see the animal rescue and it was my highlight. Being able to feed and snuggle with the monkeys was such a great experience.

Visited May 2014
Irvine, California
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“only saw/did animal rescue”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

my husband and i were only able to do the animal rescue part b/c we were running out of time to do anything else. the animal rescue section was quite small, but it was really wonderful. i got to hold a baby howler monkey as well as feed a spider monkey and hold hands with a white faced monkey. the staff was sparse there, but they were very knowledgeable and helpful. i loved it, and the best part was this section was only $5! totally worth every penny!!! highly recommend it. " )

Tacoma, Washington
3 attraction reviews
“Beautiful sights, fun guides”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

First time zip lining and I loved it! Guides were helpful, flexible and assuring- very personable, sharing stories and life experiences. So fun to try superman and upside down!!! Liked that they pointed out the monkeys we went past, wouldn't have noticed the family of five otherwise- there was a baby monkey! Our guide gave us a lot of facts on the howler monkeys and expanded my Spanish vocabulary!

Little Rock, Arkansas
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Sub-par Zip line experience”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My 9 year old son and I did the Zip Line with the Congo Trail. I'm rating this attraction compared to other zip line courses I've done and I felt this was very subpar. Most of the lines were very short and boring. They had a few that were long and very enjoyable but this was not indicative of most of the zip line adventure.

For being in a beautiful country like Costa Rica, their zip line doesn't offer many great views of the countryside like others have offered. If you are looking for a beautiful view high in the trees you really won't get it here.

There are a few Howler monkeys who go nuts because they don't like the sound of the zip line and that was a highlight. Make sure and look out for them because they are fun to watch.

We did buy the photo package which gave us over 70 photos and 4 videos for $30. That was a heck of a deal and I highly recommend that.

The staff wasn't overall nice to us, maybe because they were more interested in the girls with us.

They also have an area where you can view monkey's they have rescued and other wild animals. We checked out the white faced monkeys and fed and held a howler monkey.

Their gift shop is HUGE and probably one of the best I've seen in Costa Rica. If they don't have a t-shirt you like, you probably won't find it.

Again, a decent experience, especially with Children but the zip line was very sub par compared to others I've experienced.