“Great time for first time zipliners”

The Congo Trail Canopy Tour
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Artola
Austin, Texas
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great time for first time zipliners”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

My family and I booked zip-lining with Swiss Travel at the Westin. We had never done this before but the folks here made us feel comfortable and safe. We did the 11 line course - the longest line was 300 yards. One person in our group was afraid of heights (he was doing it for his wife) and they gave him a ride back to the beginning after 4 or 5 lines with no worries. Also, one of my in-laws was pretty winded and they were very accommodating and let her rest as needed and also rode the long line down with her. We purchased the DVD and would have to say it was well worth it - I didn't want to worry about taking pictures or losing my camera. By the end, I went down in "superman" style and my 13 year old daughter went upside down.

At the end, we paid an extra $5 each and did the little animal reserve - the kids held Isabella the 5 month old howler orphan. This was just as fun as the zip lining. Overall, it was fantastic.

Fairfield, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Decent adventure. Points for location”
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

We went to Congo trail canopy tour due to it being 10 minutes from the Riu Palace where we were staying.
Note there are 2 tours here: the canopy tour and the extreme tour. The canopy tour is what we did. There are 9 zip lines. Half of which are extremely short and slow. The Tarzan swing and side by side zip lines are the other tour. The guides and staff were mostly unfriendly and impatient and made you feel rushed.
Like I said, proximity is what brought us here and I'm still glad we went. With young kids and scared adults in the group, the adventure was just right.
Carlos Campos (the guy on the beach with the yellow shirt and white hat) set us up with the tour and was willing to negotiate. His English is great and I would use his services again.
Best part was the small rescue center they had at the end! We held snakes and 2 different monkeys! Great memories!

1 Thank kidsdoc707
New York City, New York
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Monkey loving”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We were only here to see the animal rescue and it was my highlight. Being able to feed and snuggle with the monkeys was such a great experience.

Visited May 2014
Irvine, California
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“only saw/did animal rescue”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

my husband and i were only able to do the animal rescue part b/c we were running out of time to do anything else. the animal rescue section was quite small, but it was really wonderful. i got to hold a baby howler monkey as well as feed a spider monkey and hold hands with a white faced monkey. the staff was sparse there, but they were very knowledgeable and helpful. i loved it, and the best part was this section was only $5! totally worth every penny!!! highly recommend it. " )

Tacoma, Washington
3 attraction reviews
“Beautiful sights, fun guides”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

First time zip lining and I loved it! Guides were helpful, flexible and assuring- very personable, sharing stories and life experiences. So fun to try superman and upside down!!! Liked that they pointed out the monkeys we went past, wouldn't have noticed the family of five otherwise- there was a baby monkey! Our guide gave us a lot of facts on the howler monkeys and expanded my Spanish vocabulary!