“Not much behind a nice facade...” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Lamm

Hotel Lamm
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Vipiteno
München
“Not much behind a nice facade...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Friendly service, central location, average rooms with standard furniture for three star hotel, overpriced for what it is. Toilet was not properly cleaned, shower had traces of mold. Towels with wholes. Bed sheets with wholes and red spots, which according to the hotel manager are not blood but iron. But if you know the problem why do you use bed sheets with stains at all?

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Thomas-from-Germany

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

We stayed here for 1 night during a 2 week trip through central Europe. The location of this charming hotel is perfect...right in the middle of old town and situated along the main shopping and dining street. The hotel is old and quaint and the halls are a little maze like but it adds to the character. The interiors are very "Tirolean" alpine...lots of painted wooden furniture, antiques/reproductions, plastered walls,vaulted ceilings, and little doors.
We made sure to book a room in the main building facing the street (these do not have balconies ...the rooms facing the parking lot at the rear of the hotel have balconies) and we were VERY pleased with our room. The room was HUGE! and had an nice sitting alcove with windows and the hotel's street sign hung right outside one of these windows over the street. The room had a large sofa, mini fridge, and flat screen TV. The bed was very nice. The bathroom was HUGE also..with a giant whirlpool bathtub, bidet, and heated towel rack. We were more than pleased with this room..it was great.
The restaurant was decent. With our room price came dinner for 2 at the hotel's restaurant and it was 3 courses. The food and wine was good especially the final course of pork medallions wrapped in prosciutto. There is also a vegetarian 3 course available.
The service...my only complaint but not that much of a complaint. There were several times when I had to go searching for someone at the front desk...it would just be empty for good stretches of time, I always found someone and when I did they were helpful. (the hotel was pretty empty when we visited)
Our waitress at dinner was very nice but we did have a bit of a language problem but we managed to get through it fine.
Vipiteno/Sterzing oddly was the first (and only) place in 2 weeks we really encountered a lot of people with liitle to no knowledge of English..of course I do not fault them at all as I am in their country and do not let it deter you from visiting as it works itself out and actually adds some to the charm of the town.

Upon checkout there was an issue. After again searching for someone to help at the front desk I found our waitress from the previous evening who also asists at the front desk. Upon checkout she was having problems with the credit card machine so finally I took the machine (hand held) and with my limited ability of being able to read German I figured it out and ran the credit card through and the right amount of money...a receipt printed...BUT... for some reason (language barrier) the woman at the front desk seemed confused and ran it through again but pushed some different buttons. I asked her if I was going to be charged twice and she assured me that no I was not. Well.....when I we arrived in Salzburg some 4 hours later my credit card had two full room charges on it. I called the hotel and spoke with the woman and she apologized and said they had called the credit card and explained it and the credit card would have to reimburse me, frustrated I called my credit card and they told me THE HOTEL has to reverse the charge.... I called the hotel back and (through language barriers and misunderstandings) they explained they would reverse the charge...they did and it was fixed 2 business days later. No harm done..they were honest and it was an honest mistake and a lot of confusion was due to language barriers. The woman (front desk and waitress) was never rude and or discourteous.

This was just a little hiccup in our stay and overall this is a good hotel in a perfect location and I would stay here again....HUGE room!

Note: If your driving in on the autobahn ( E45 / 22) through Brenner Pass when you exit Vipiteno/Sterzing you have to pay...it's a little unexpected and I was confused and just stuck my credit card in not knowing really why and nervous because there were other cars behind me waiting (nothing was written on the maching in English)...my card came out...a ticket printed and when we left Vipiteno/Sterzing I handed the ticket to a man at tollbooth and paid and we left...a little strange.

Also, no cars allowed on the main shopping street in old town where the front of Hotel Lamm is, you must follow the signs and park (on site and free) at the back of the hotel. Use Googlemaps to get directions.

Room Tip: Our double room as I belkieve the hotel calls it was huge with a huge bathroom. Street facing rooms...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Atlas1175
Ascot, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

We've been visiting Sterzing - Vipitano for some years to ski, and this is our third stay at the Hotel Lamm.

The hotel has an ideal location just down the main road from the town square, the hotel has off street parking, but be aware it's a bit tight for larger cars

Some English is spoken, and the staff are all very friendly and helpful

The rooms are a good size, many with balconies overlooking the mountains across the back of the town.

There is a good buffet breakfast and a nice cafe which is open in the evenings

In all ideal for what we need for a long weekend skiing, will stay again

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Ascot_Flyer
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2013

This summer of 2013 will be our 4th 21/2 week stay. Excellent location. Friendly staff. Superb food (have to ask for 1/2 portions!) and great dining room service. Clean and nice. We are participants in the Orfeo Music Festival which is in Vipiteno during July. Two free classical music concerts every day for almost 3 weeks!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank Joseph R
Kingsbury, Warwickshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2011

Having ridden down the cycle path (a former railway line) from the Brenner Pass, I entered Vipiteno anxious to find a hotel. A waiter serving on the terrace at the Hotel Lamm caught my eye as I walked down the main pedestrian street. He said that they might have a vacancy and directed me to reception.
For 67 euros I was given a beautiful spacious room in an annexe on the other side of the hotel car park. The room was really well furnished with a superb bath and shower.
The breakfast was excellent and I thought that the hotel represented good value for money and would stay there again. Staff were courteous and on the next day gave me helpful directions to continue my jouney to the Mont Giovo pass.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank BrianfromKingsbury
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2011

I stayed here for 5 nights to visit the cities nearby. First, the room was much larger than I'd expected, which was clean every day and specially I liked the clean bathroom with bathtub. I met a clean lady of the room when we were ready to go out, she was very friendly and I liked it. The plan we used had included breakfast and dinner. As the city was small and the number of restaurants were limited, it was a great choice I believe. Sometimes the meal was salty but overall it was yummy. Every night we could enjoy the course dinner, which includes a dessert! Especially, the staffs at the restaurant were super great, they were very professional. Lastly, I enjoyed the spa in the basement, which made me feel relaxed after a sightseeing! I would like to stay here again, thanks for all great staffs at Lamm!

Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Pavia, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2011

I stayed at the Hotel Lamm for four nights. The hotel is very well run and it is hard for me to imagine anyone having any complaints at all. Here is a rundown on the hotel: (1) clean, spacious rooms; (2) the wellness centre downstairs is very good. It's new, clean and I was always the only one there. (3) the food (I had half pension with breakfast and dinner) was superb. The waitresses are attentive and efficient. The dinner menu is posted in the mornings and it is more than enough for any mountain climbing tourist. After the first two days, I had to skip courses; I simply could not eat that much. (4) the staff are very helpful. They speak German, Italian and English. The Family Bacher runs the hotel and they are professional and discreet. (5) the hotel is as central in Vipiteno as you could want. (7) it is quiet. I slept like a baby. (8) the king of the Hotel Lamm is Maxie, the Bacher's cat. Maxie does his rounds of the hotel, checking to ensure that nothing is amiss and he is rarely disappointed.

The only downside is the internet. You pay EUR 3 per hour and you can only connect in the lobby. However, given that this is a holiday hotel, maybe this is really a good thing.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family