“School dinner...”

Dining options: Reservations
UK
“School dinner...”
Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

We received a frosty welcome by someone more intent on barking at staff than attending to customers. The Sunday lunch was comprised of frozen ( ie bought in) roasties and soggy cauliflower carrots and peas. It was a real school dinner job-hard to complain about but you just know you'll never go back. Amyway by the tone of the welcome I think any feedback would have talked on deaf ears. A shame as we've been twice before and this has been a nice pub. Perhaps it's changed hands, I don't know.

Visited January 2014
3 Thank KentishKen

Carmarthen, United Kingdom
“Not recommended at all!!!!”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Awful experience....put me in a bad mood for the rest of the day...really wish i had complained. Customer service was appalling....put the two of us on a table that was clearly in a doorway so had to move out the way to let people through whilst eating. They never came to take plates away, so went up to order desserts and three behind bar ignoring me for 5 minutes. Stood in three different positions to try and be noticed, lady ignored me talking to locals and bloke and young girl walked off to wipe tables as if they had nothing to do. I was so annoyed, my other halfs crumble was mush on a plate and then when i came to pay they charged £3.95 for puddings though on the chalk boards everywhere the puddings cost £3.50. Never again, and will tell everyone i know not to go there!!!!

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank CBuffy2013
west Midlands
“Warm welcome & excellent food”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Went to the Amroth Arms last Sunday for lunch. Didn't expect much of a problem in getting a table for me, my wife and the dog and in the end didn't, thanks to the landlords magic wand. Sunday lunch soon arrived (beef roast) and what a feast it was, piping hot, perfectly cooked veg, delicious gravy and a mountain of tasty beef that fell melted in the mouth.
By the time we left the pub was heaving and it is no wonder all the tables were booked, the food was fabulous.
We go to the Amroth area 2 -3 time per year and have done for 20 years or more and I am embarrassed to say this was the first time we have dined in the Amroth Arms, it certainly wont be the last.
Oh and one last thing terrific value for money.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Bobbygriff2013
Reykjavik, Iceland
“First time here, won't be the last!”
Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

What a lucky lot of people there are in Amroth with an eatery like this on their doorstep. 3 of us and our 2 dogs ate in here of an afternoon. What a choice of food! And big blokes portions as well! My better half had a homemade steak pie with boiled potatoes. Strewth! There was half a bag of spuds on the plate! All our food was excellent and cooked and served by people who really, really know what they are doing. Making a beeline straight for this place when down here again!

• Visited September 2013
Royal Wootton Bassett, United Kingdom
“Good pub, and restaurant”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I got to the pub late afternoon to find a group of friendly locals putting the world to rights in a humorous way. The pub serves food at lunchtimes, but the attached restuarant though run as a separate business, does the evenings. There is no problem in taking your beer into the restaurant. Real ale in the pub was well kept, and the food in the restaurant was very good.

• Visited September 2013