“Would not recommend”

Pasta e vino
Ranked #18 of 49 Restaurants in Saint-Lambert
Price range: US$7 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Saint-Lambert, Canada
“Would not recommend”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

As first time customers, we found the restaurant had no ambiance and felt cold. You don't have the feeling that you are in an Italian restaurant !!
The service was very good but the food was mediocre and over price for the quality !
My wife and I, local resident of Saint-Lambert would not recommend this restaurant to our friends or family.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank André B

Newcastle, Canada
“Excellent Food accompanied by your own wine with no corkage fee!”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Two couples after visiting old Montreal and paying 40 dollars for two weak Caesars and 2 beers in plastic cups, decided to return Saint Lambert to one of the couple's regular haunts...Pasta e Vino.

Preceded by a mesclun salad, two caesar salads and a vegetable cream soup, the ladies both dined on pasta puttanesca while the men enjoyed Trio de pâtes with each couple sharing the deserts from the table d'hôte selections.

We all agreed that it was an excellent meal and granted the location isn't old Montreal but as they state on their website, le restaurant Pasta e Vino est un endroit sans prétention où vous dégustez un repas de qualité en amenant votre vin préféré...i.e. (the Pasta e Vino restaurant is unpretentious place where you enjoy a quality meal by bringing your favorite wine).

I'm in a quandary as to why the previous reviewer "Sparepart" would not return after writing, "It's a BYOW that's a plus, I had veal and I admit it was great"?

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Are J
Beloeil, Canada
“Not gluten free friendly, a bit pricey”
Reviewed 2 June 2013

We were there, two couples, two weeks ago, the location as the setting are nothing to write home about. The interior reminded us of à la carte restaurants when you go to big all inclusives down south (Melia, Ryu, Ibero Star and such). The service tries hard but would be more in their place in a diner. When asked about gluten free meals, we got a "HUGHH?".
It's a BYOW that's a plus, I had veal and I admit it was great, but pricey. I've had better for cheaper in little Italy Montreal. I am amazed that it's sometimes a full house.
We will not be returning.

• Visited May 2013