“Straight down the middle”

and 1 more site!
Millhouse Hotel & Riverside Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Sharnbrook
Yorkshire, UK
“Straight down the middle”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Stayed with friends whilst visiting the Twinwood festival recently, 3 nights in total.

I think vanilla is the best description of this hotel, nothing too bad but nothing amazing either. I'll sum up the key bits:

Staff were very good, really attentive and helpful.

Breakfast - quantity varied daily but quality stayed good.

Rooms - 'conservatory style' wicker furniture a bit dated for our tastes but functioned fine, bed a little small for size of the room, but comfortable.

Location - two pubs within walking distance, one better than the other - see my upcoming reviews!

Overall, would I return? Probably. Are there better hotels for the money? Certainly.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We had a fantastic meal on thursday evening,starters were a delight, I had probably the best rissoto I have ever eaten , Tom had the soup, on to main meal both specials,Tom had a T bone steak, cooked to perfection, with masses of trimmings and yummy homemade french fries, I had the lamb and chef was kind enough to make me the potatoes I requested , very lucky for me as they were georgeous, two large drinks each and no room for dessert,and a VERY small bill, we will definatly return.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
yorkshire
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Fabulous hotel.Spent two nights at the hotel, the first morning two rashers of bacon and the second only one.I guess it must be who is cooking on the day.
I did have a problem with the wifi.My computer was asking for a second password to get onto the internet when i enquired they said the wifi was working fine.I was connected to their wifi but needed this other password to get onto the internet so beware.Checked my computer when i got home and it is working fine and also worked at another hotel ok.
Other than the wifi problem you really can't fault the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

We held a small dinner party for around 14 people (including two under-fives) to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary.
The whole event was perfect- from planning to execution! Right from the start of discussions, Karl and the team were friendly, helpful and made lots of great suggestions on menus, pre-dinner drinks etc. We held our party in the private conservatory right next to the millponds and fountain- a lovely setting- and they suggested we had fresh strawberry Bellini for the adults and fresh watermelon lemonade for the children outside on the lawn before we went into dinner. Superb!
The food was very high quality and beautifully presented- they even threw in an extra course without charge- and the children's menus were simpler (of course) but all fresh-cooked and went down very well!
The service was exemplary from the whole team- nothing seemed too much trouble!
Most of us were staying overnight (in the comfortable rooms), so we had a late and rather rowdy night in the bar- and again, they seemed genuinely happy to accommodate requests for liquors at 1am! ;-)
Breakfast the following morning was also great!
Overall, I cannot rate our experience highly enough! Karl, Olivia, Richard and the whole team looked after us fantastically well, and I would have no hesitation in using them again for a special occasion, or just for dinner.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank AADDH
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Went here for dinner last night with my husband. Lovely little place! Service was impeccable, food was delicious! Sat outside enjoying the weather and it was so peaceful......all you could hear was the trickle from the river. Will definitely be back!!! :-)

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank mrsstaden1
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2013

this is a very quaint, peaceful, & relaxing hotel /restaurant will give a smile & buzz to
all that visit and the staff make you feel special, with excellent choice on the menu
be it for a light snack or maybe a big meal you sure wont be disappointed
great value & a all round wow feeling

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Pre booked and ordered food in advance as we had a large number of people going. Well some chose beef some chose salmon. The majority of the the salmon was disgusting didn't look, smell or taste like salmon. When this was pointed out the waiter assured us it was all from the same batch and was all salmon. Some where flat grey and flakey others looked nice and pink as salmon should be. Then we had what was meant to be a cream tea. A scone which resembled a miniature bread roll and chantily cream not even clotted cream. The tea didn't come out with scones. There where also cookies but they had been cut in half. I would not recommend for people to go there the only thing I can say is the Interior and gardens are beautiful just a shame the food was very poor.

• Stayed June 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sharnbrook
The Sharnbrook Hotel
Pilgrims Progress JD Wetherspoon Hotel
d'Parys Hotel
d'Parys Hotel
#11 of 18 in Bedford

Been to Millhouse Hotel & Riverside Restaurant? Share your experiences!