“Wonderful Welcome”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Sharnbrook
Barton, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Welcome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

My wife and I recently visited Sharnbrook, to meet up with friends and were extremely delighted with the warm welcome we received from the staff at the Millhouse Hotel. Karl and Olivia could not have done any more for us. As this was our first visit to Bedford we were a little unsure of what to expect. It will certainly not be our last visit as Millhouse has a very warm and homely feel about it. The food in the restaurant was really well presented and of excellent quality, I can recommend the lamb shank and my wife thoroughly enjoyed the turkey, the sweets were superb and you would have difficulty finding better quality anywhere. The hearty breakfast was also beautifully cooked and presented and set us p for the day ahead.
The rooms were very comfortable and the setting in which he hotel stands is idyllic. all in all this was a very relaxing and enjoyable break.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michael L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Bedford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

After an 8 month consultation about the logistics of my party, the day finally arrived. Karl was extremely patient and said yes to all my requests. The night ran so smoothly and he ensured the band I had booked were all set up and ready to go. I could not have wished for anything more, it was the best party I have ever been to! My guests took over the 9 x rooms and were very happy with the service. I can highly recommend this venue and the food was superb - especially those homemade pork pies!

Room Tip: Let the hotel know in advance if you are travelling with children or dogs, as they will choose a roo...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jayne1910
Barnstaple, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

This is completely set up for functions like weddings and parties. As such ut works very well but I really wouldn't recommend it if you are not attending a party. Everything works buy overall feels a bit grubby and that is probably because of number of events. Very good price on the rooms so overall good vfm.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank jake b
Chania Town, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

We recently celebrated our Ruby Wedding here for 50 guests, and thanks to Karl and Olivia it was an extremely special occasion. From first point of contact we were confident in their ability to deliver what we wanted and this was especially important for us as we do not live in England. The setting of the hotel is very beautiful and when guests can meet in the garden, by a river and sip Pimms you know that all is going to go well!! And it just got better!!! The three course dinner was superb with all special diets (vegan, gluten free) equally well catered for. Our guests commented on how attentative but inobtrusive the staff were and everyone thought that the hotel was a perfect setting for the party. After an extremely late night 16 of us stayed the night in very comfortable rooms and thoroughly enjoyed our breakfast.
If you are planning a special occasion I would thoroughly encourage you to consider holding the event here.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank jo t
Yorkshire, UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

Stayed with friends whilst visiting the Twinwood festival recently, 3 nights in total.

I think vanilla is the best description of this hotel, nothing too bad but nothing amazing either. I'll sum up the key bits:

Staff were very good, really attentive and helpful.

Breakfast - quantity varied daily but quality stayed good.

Rooms - 'conservatory style' wicker furniture a bit dated for our tastes but functioned fine, bed a little small for size of the room, but comfortable.

Location - two pubs within walking distance, one better than the other - see my upcoming reviews!

Overall, would I return? Probably. Are there better hotels for the money? Certainly.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Bedford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

We had a fantastic meal on thursday evening,starters were a delight, I had probably the best rissoto I have ever eaten , Tom had the soup, on to main meal both specials,Tom had a T bone steak, cooked to perfection, with masses of trimmings and yummy homemade french fries, I had the lamb and chef was kind enough to make me the potatoes I requested , very lucky for me as they were georgeous, two large drinks each and no room for dessert,and a VERY small bill, we will definatly return.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

Fabulous hotel.Spent two nights at the hotel, the first morning two rashers of bacon and the second only one.I guess it must be who is cooking on the day.
I did have a problem with the wifi.My computer was asking for a second password to get onto the internet when i enquired they said the wifi was working fine.I was connected to their wifi but needed this other password to get onto the internet so beware.Checked my computer when i got home and it is working fine and also worked at another hotel ok.
Other than the wifi problem you really can't fault the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sharnbrook
The Sharnbrook Hotel
#11 of 18 in Bedford
Verve Hotel
Verve Hotel
#15 of 18 in Bedford

Been to Millhouse Hotel & Riverside Restaurant? Share your experiences!