“what you need to know”

The Sharnbrook Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Sharnbrook
“what you need to know”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

This is a 3 start hotel, and for a three star hotel I give this place five stars!

On arrival the staff were very courteous and friendly, and this was a theme throughout the stay. The room was very spacious, not particularly modern, but it had a small TV, a nice comfy bed, tea and coffee making facilities, and a bathroom with a shower in the bath. Shampoo and shower gel were provided. There is a hairdryer of sorts, but its awful, so I'd highly recommend you bring your own. Its a hose from the wall that lightly blows air that gradually gets warmer, and it doesn't have a nozzle. Most of the people from our group were rocking bad hair for the stay.

For breakfast there is a small buffet of cereal and fruit, and a menu for cooked breakfasts. For the full cooked breakfast you get a sausage, 2 bacon, 1 egg, tomato and beans and toast. Theres nothing special about it, but again good for a 3 star. For dinner, the restaurant is italian themed, with pizza's, Bolognese etc. Its a step up from pizza hut, but not gourmet by any means, but if I'd have wanted gourmet I would have booked a 5 star hotel, and for the price it was good.

My favourite thing about this place was the peacefulness, it is located in the middle of nowhere so the quality of sleep was excellent! However, they could do with some darker curtains, the hotel front is lit all night so my room had a lot of light coming in, but the quietness did make up for it. I'd definitely come again, as long as I could bring my hairdryer!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank wilton85

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We recently attended a wedding at the Sharnbrook Hotel and it was excellent. The transition from wedding room to banquet room was quick and efficient.
The buffet dinner provided something for everyone and there was plenty of it. Many people went up for seconds.
We also stayed the night at the hotel. The room was surprisingly spacious and the bed very comfortable.
All in all a wonderful day/night.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Flitwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 April 2014

If previous visits to the Sharnbrook didn't have me booking our wedding there, then certainly dealing with the awesome Ciro and his team, had me sold!! You're made to feel like a friend immediately. Nothing was too much trouble. All questions were answered, any worries dealt with. And that's just the lead up... The evening before my wedding a few family and friends stayed over - what beautiful and spacious rooms we all stayed in! Plenty of room for girls getting ready. Or parents and their kids. Onto complimentary breakfast - delicious by the way - and again, the Sharnbrook catered for all. Then to the actual wedding ... My husband and I just had the most fabulous day! From "I do" to the pictures, meal (again, SCRUMPTIOUS!) to speeches, and first dance to disco; it all went tremendously well. We will definitely be visiting Vesuvio restaurant in the future too. All in all, we had a fantastic experience with the Sharnbrook and everyone that attended our wedding has had nothing but praise for it.

• Stayed February 2014
bedford
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

We have visited The Sharnbrook Hotel on a number of occasions, last Friday was an Abba night the atmosphere was tremendous together with a 1st class buffet. Only this time my mother in law wanted to have her 90th birthday there, all the staff made her feel so special with all the trimmings. This place really knows how to make it work! Hats off to those in charge, and thanks for making the night for a young 90 YEAR OLD!
Would we return? YES!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank barry c
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We recently held a Ladies Night at The Sharnbrook Hotel and everything was taken care of brilliantly by Ciro and his staff. In preparation for the evening we dined at the hotel's restaurant on several occasions and the choice of food was extremely good (their pizzas are gorgeous). A lot of our guests stayed the night and were very complimentary about the rooms (indeed we ourselves stayed in one of the Executive Suites and it was huge and we even had a jacuzzi bath which our daughter thought was great!). The food was superb and again we had lots of comments from guests about how nice it was. All in all everybody had a wonderful time, the staff were fantastic, and would thoroughly recommend The Sharnbrook Hotel and VesuviO Restaurant.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Me and my husband enjoyed a fabulous meal on Valentines NIght, where we were entertained with live music and dancing in the Amalfi Suite. It is the third time we have gone on Valentines Night over the last four years and would absolutely recommend to book in for Valentines 2015. Exceptional service, delicious and well portioned dishes, with the added surprise of a glass of bubbly and red rose upon arrival. Very reasonably priced. Tables evenly spread so still felt romantic 'table for two'.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Flitwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Our daughter's wedding day was seamless thanks to the staff at the Sharnbrook Hotel. Nothing was too much trouble, even spillages were removed immediately without fuss. We had a large number of guests attending including approximately 25 young children and there was enough space for them whilst still allowing the formalities to continue. The detail given to all aspects was second to none - my anxieties regarding the table dressing being exactly as I wanted were considered and everything was done with my approval. Ciro was able to recommend lighting and seating services to us and was accomodating in respect of a friend who was providing music for the day. The food was superb and many guests commented to us about it, The rooms were spacious - we had 2 grandchildren sharing our suite - and all our guests that stayed in the hotel were impressed. Breakfast was a large family affair and again, nothing was too much trouble.
I would certainly recommend this hotel as an ideal wedding venue, especially as a 'one stop shop', and also Vesuvios restaurant for a slightly more relaxed meal.
I was familiar with the hotel as a conference venue through the company I am employed by but they certainly excelled for this mother of the bride!

Room Tip: Although just off A6, there was no traffic noise and being in its own grounds meant that all rooms h...