“90th birthday luncheon”

The Sharnbrook Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Sharnbrook
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Arranging this very special celebration family luncheon from a distance was made stress free by the excellent help and advise given and offered by the staff. Replies to emails were prompt and informative. Choices were offered regarding table size, shape and even the colour of the table linen. The meal was absolutely delicious with generous portion sizes and plenty of choices on the menu.. We were served in an unhurried fashion as I had requested and the food arrived hot and looking wonderfully appealing. We were able to linger in the restaurant for as long as we wanted enjoying chatting with relatives around the table. I cannot fault the restaurant in any way and can only sing its praises and recommend it most highly.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Enjoyed a night here earlier in the month on our way back from the south coast. Great setting,very quiet but lovely surroundings. The room was a little bit dated and the shower positively dangerous (no mat or handles) but the view was fantastic. Had a great meal in the Vesuvio restaurant which was very good value. Good place for receptions.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I would like to thank the Ciampi family and staff for the hospitality and memorable day on mum and dad's 50th wedding anniversary on the 30th of March 2014.
The aspects of the location was amazing,it's a place to celebrate all sorts of occasions amd what can I say about the food
FANASTIC!!! My complements to the chef and staff!Lucy

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank l_desimone66
Reviewed 10 April 2014

This is a 3 start hotel, and for a three star hotel I give this place five stars!

On arrival the staff were very courteous and friendly, and this was a theme throughout the stay. The room was very spacious, not particularly modern, but it had a small TV, a nice comfy bed, tea and coffee making facilities, and a bathroom with a shower in the bath. Shampoo and shower gel were provided. There is a hairdryer of sorts, but its awful, so I'd highly recommend you bring your own. Its a hose from the wall that lightly blows air that gradually gets warmer, and it doesn't have a nozzle. Most of the people from our group were rocking bad hair for the stay.

For breakfast there is a small buffet of cereal and fruit, and a menu for cooked breakfasts. For the full cooked breakfast you get a sausage, 2 bacon, 1 egg, tomato and beans and toast. Theres nothing special about it, but again good for a 3 star. For dinner, the restaurant is italian themed, with pizza's, Bolognese etc. Its a step up from pizza hut, but not gourmet by any means, but if I'd have wanted gourmet I would have booked a 5 star hotel, and for the price it was good.

My favourite thing about this place was the peacefulness, it is located in the middle of nowhere so the quality of sleep was excellent! However, they could do with some darker curtains, the hotel front is lit all night so my room had a lot of light coming in, but the quietness did make up for it. I'd definitely come again, as long as I could bring my hairdryer!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank wilton85
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We recently attended a wedding at the Sharnbrook Hotel and it was excellent. The transition from wedding room to banquet room was quick and efficient.
The buffet dinner provided something for everyone and there was plenty of it. Many people went up for seconds.
We also stayed the night at the hotel. The room was surprisingly spacious and the bed very comfortable.
All in all a wonderful day/night.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 April 2014

If previous visits to the Sharnbrook didn't have me booking our wedding there, then certainly dealing with the awesome Ciro and his team, had me sold!! You're made to feel like a friend immediately. Nothing was too much trouble. All questions were answered, any worries dealt with. And that's just the lead up... The evening before my wedding a few family and friends stayed over - what beautiful and spacious rooms we all stayed in! Plenty of room for girls getting ready. Or parents and their kids. Onto complimentary breakfast - delicious by the way - and again, the Sharnbrook catered for all. Then to the actual wedding ... My husband and I just had the most fabulous day! From "I do" to the pictures, meal (again, SCRUMPTIOUS!) to speeches, and first dance to disco; it all went tremendously well. We will definitely be visiting Vesuvio restaurant in the future too. All in all, we had a fantastic experience with the Sharnbrook and everyone that attended our wedding has had nothing but praise for it.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We have visited The Sharnbrook Hotel on a number of occasions, last Friday was an Abba night the atmosphere was tremendous together with a 1st class buffet. Only this time my mother in law wanted to have her 90th birthday there, all the staff made her feel so special with all the trimmings. This place really knows how to make it work! Hats off to those in charge, and thanks for making the night for a young 90 YEAR OLD!
Would we return? YES!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Eatforlife1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sharnbrook
The Waterfront Hotel, Spa & Golf
Holiday Inn Express Bedford
d'Parys Hotel
d'Parys Hotel
#13 of 18 in Bedford

Been to The Sharnbrook Hotel? Share your experiences!