“Fantastic”

Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Sharnbrook
Price range: US$24 - US$80
Cuisines: European, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The VesuviO Restaurant & Bar has been the Ciampi family business since 1987 where it originally opended in Clapham, Bedfordshire and in November 2006 it relocated to the new site, still serving our excellent traditional English and Italian cuisine. VesuviO is the beating heart of The Sharnbrook Hotelappetising all visitors from Conference Delegates to Wedding Guests to the Romantic Couple.
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We had our wedding reception here and want to say thank you for making our wedding such a great day. The food was fantastic, lots of guests commented how good it was. We didn't have to worry about anything as they are very organised and make sure everything runs so smoothly, big thanks to Ciro and all the team. We had a fabulous time and so did all our guests.

1  Thank JodieCox

Reviewed 10 August 2014

What a fabulous find! I wanted somewhere nice for my birthday meal but also good for my coeliac daughter. I searched online and was very impressed to find that this Italian restaurant not only had gluten-free options, it had a whole GF menu! For starters we enjoyed GF doughballs and garlic mushrooms whilst my husband had the ribs, all about £5.

For main course my daughter enjoyed her seafood pizza (the chef was very attentive and came to check which seafood she would like to try!). Being vegetarian I went for the Baked Augergine which was one of the most delicious dishes I've ever had! My husband had Roast Lamb. All mains were under £10.

We then had desserts and coffees and my daughter was amazed to be able to have 'normal desserts' like chocolate pudding and cheesecake as coeliacs are usually left with a choice of ice cream or fruit salad!

The staff were friendly and very attentive, and service was swift. We shall certainly be going again!

2  Thank JulieSingSign
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Sorry guys. Not the best. Ok it was busy which is great for any restaurant but the quality of the food was disappointing. The starters made us chuckle however the meat in the mains was not up to par for a restaurant of this calibre. Stick to a toby carvery next time!

1  Thank John-family
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We took our grandchildren for an authentic Italian meal and we're not disappointed. Everything about Vesuvio was perfect. The children enjoyed the pasta and pizza followed by ice cream and grandparents enjoyed a relaxing environment with excellent service and good quality food. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

We had our wedding at the Sharnbrook hotel in 2012 (which was excellent!) and we have been back to Vesuvios for both of our anniversaries. The food is lush, the service is wonderful and we are made to feel special every time we visit. I've been to the hotel for work functions and parties, and have also used their pizza takeaway service. I cant remember ever being disappointed by the food or service. I'd really recommend the lamb shank - but you may have to ask for it in advance. Yum, yum, I'm making myself hungry just thinking about it!