“Fantastic place to chill”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Chula Vista

Living Room lounge area. Living room
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Living Room lounge area.
Living room
Open living area with ocean view
Indoor Dining area
Large Gourmet Kitchen with breakfast bar
Gourmet chef Kitchen
kitchen opens up to the lounge area
Guest Bathroom off the foyer
Outdoor dining area overlooking the Caribbean
Sun deck and Pool overlooking the Caribbean
Entryway
Outside Patio
2nd Bedroom
ensuite 2nd bathroom
3rd bedroom features two Guest Beds that can be configured as a king also.
3rd bedroom ensuite bathroom
Front walk up home view
Front home view
Chula Vista has mature tropical landscaping.
Aerial View of the home and its south facing view
alternative aerial view of the home perched at the top of the hill for sweeping view
While in Roatan see the Dolphins
Go for a swim in West End
Take a dive or snorkel trip
visit our friendly animal sanctuaries.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Andrew K
San Diego, California
“Fantastic place to chill”
Reviewed 24 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016

My wife and I plus friends liked this place so much we came back at the end of July.

I like everything about this house- it has A/C, clean water, a pool, view, solitude, etc. I also like that it is very quiet. We travel light so having a washer and dryer is a nice convenience.

It was fun to see the buzzards riding the wind off the ridges as well.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: everything. Cool, quiet, close to both West Bay and West End.
Liked least: I couldn't bring my 4k tv with me. Not that I watch tv on vacation...
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
AmyJoLouK
San Diego, California
“Perfect stay!”
Reviewed 18 August 2016 for a stay in June 2016

Wow! My husband & I had the absolute best stay at Chula Vista. We stayed with another couple and were extremely comfortable. The main house has the master bedroom attached and we had our own bed & bath. So it was very secluded and private. The rooms are spacious with large stone showers. We spent most of our time on the patio enjoying the view and pool. I love to cook.... The kitchen was amazing! It had every amenity and the stove is by far the best I have ever used..
We love to scuba dive and this location was great. We were only 10 minutes from West End and some of the best dive sites in the Caribbean. Just down the hill is West Bay with the best beaches on the island. Both places have amazing resturants.
We have been coming to Roatan for about 6 years and finally have found our home away from home. We will certainly be coming back to stay at Chula Vista!

Liked best: Everything!
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
LMF381
Chicago, Illinois
“I cannot wait to get back!!”
Reviewed 17 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016

This house is amazing! The view is spectacular (which was expected given the home's unique name) but it is only one of the things that made our visit so memorable.

For sure, for our group of friends (2 couples and 3 singles), the layout of the house was perfect. Each room had a lot of privacy and it's own entrance. It allowed us to go out at different times and not worry about bothering our sleepier travel companions. Also, because there was plenty of room for everyone to eat, swim, and hang out together, we enjoyed a number of meals in the house. And seriously, with that kitchen, we'd be crazy not to!! The island of Roatan is awesome and it was totally easy during the day to walk into West Bay to play and/or take a water taxi to the more casual area of West End. I am already trying to figure out when I can go back and stay again, and the list of friends who want to join me after seeing the photos of this rental has gotten pretty long! :-)

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The pool, deck, and shared living spaces.
Liked least: I'm glad we had a rental car; it came in handy.
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway Large groups
drewmeist...
LoCal (San Diego)
“awesome, quiet private home”
Reviewed 26 June 2016 for a stay in April 2016
person found this review helpful

My wife and I plus 2 friends stayed here for a week and the end of April. (I am lame and forgot to give the place a shout out in TA).

This place is fantastic. My wife and I have been to Roatan about 8 times in the last 3 years and this is our favorite. You do need a car (or many taxi rides) but it is so nice and peaceful.

I think the house was only built a few years ago and it is top quality. I have a very nice kitchen at home and this one is much nicer. It is obvious that the owner likes to cook as the range and dual ovens are top notch. It was a pleasure to cook dinner and be able to see the ocean beyond the pool.

It was tough to return back home. The home has a generator (kicks in automatically, happened while we were there) and a huge water cistern that is uv treated and filtered. No concerns about bad H2O. A/C is nice and chilly.

The furnishings are all excellent. I enjoyed everything about staying here, including the ocean view from the back patio. It was great to be able to chill in the pool with the stars overhead.

You need a car to get to West End (where we like to dive from) but it is only a couple minute drive. Plus with the car, you can drive to the supermarkets to stock up for your dinners cooked in the fantastic, fully equipped kitchen. We didn't want to eat out!

We liked it so much we will be back in July! Hopefully it won't be booked all the time now as we would like to stay here every time we come back.

Lastly, the master showers are awesome. I wish we had a similar set up at home!

Liked best: everything
Liked least: Nothing but if you are hesitant to drive in Honduras it might be a challenge.
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
Sfarmer12...
Atlanta, Georgia
“Stunning”
Reviewed 1 June 2016 for a stay in March 2016

We stayed here with another couple and couldn't have been happier. The house is a 3 minute drive to West Bay Beach (10 minute walk) which is where we spent a lot of our time when we weren't at the house. We cooked many dinners at the house in the fabulous kitchen (I thought my kitchen at home was nice!).

The pool area is so relaxing. There is a fountain and a big table for entertaining. One thing we noticed is that in the early evening as the sun is setting, just above the house, dragonflies congregate and then they just go away. This was really cool!

Will be booking return trip for next year!

Liked best: Location
Liked least: That we had to leave!
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing