“Excellent”

Ranked #6 of 28 Restaurants in West Bay
Price range: US$25 - US$50
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Vintage Pearl Restaurant and Wine Cellar is located at the heart of West Bay Beach just steps from the turquoise sea of the Caribbean, on Roatan Island in the Bay of Honduras. Nestled in amidst the sea grape trees and white sand, you will find an intimate and romantic dining refuge at the Vintage Pearl. The wine cellar at the Vintage Pearl boasts of the largest wine collection on Roatan Island featuring selections from around the world.The chefs have more than twenty years of cooking experience in the Caribbean and offer a menu that changes daily as they prepare such delicacies as filet mignon, veal, duck, fresh fish, shrimp and lobster, creating a true pleasure to your palate.
Texas
“Excellent”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We went for a birthday dinner when we were in Roatan. Restaurant is small and fills up quick. It is intimate and quiet, yet very relaxed. Feel free to kick your shoes off at the door. The waitress was very nice and helpful. For was excellent, probably the best on the island. Prices were not too bad. A must visit if you want a nice meal when in Roatan.

• Visited March 2013

Waukesha, Wisconsin, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't waste the time or money”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We were the only table (6) on a Tuesday night. The entire time the staff made us feel un-welcome. One of our meals came out nearly 15 minutes after the rest and the steak was not cooked. After sending it back it took another 10 minutes.

It's a good to get out of the heat for a meal but this night was a huge disappointment that could have easily been made right if the staff cared about the customers.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Tom V
Kelowna
“Absolute must at least once during your trip!”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Vintage Pearl was a wonderful option for a more gourmet option in Roatan. It would be a lovely spot for a very casual yet high end dining for a wedding reception or celebration! Servings were ample and the wine list was extensive, all things considered!

Be sure to make a reservation and enjoy!

• Visited February 2013
Ocean City, Maryland
“Stay away!New owners,chef and managers!!!Rip off!..and rude!!!”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

As you can see this is my 2nd review of the Vintage Pearl,well as you can tell by the title the experience was 100% different than the 1st time.As soon as I walked in the place it felt different,very cold people.1)No regular menu a set menu of 4 different items that least expensive $36.00 dollars included soup or salad your entree and dessert.
2)I got soup that was barely warm,wife got a salad that was all lettuce.
3)I got a pasta dish with mussels,shrimp and scallops(we they were out of scallops)they were going to give me extra shrimp to replace the scallops,well there were only 4 shrimps on the plate ,as I was digging into the pasta I found a PIECE OF LEFTOVER SALAD in my dish,still had dressing on it ,I called the waiter over and he insisted that it was decoration,well if it decoration why was it on the bottom of the noodles we went back and forth till I told him to just take it,he came back this time with a different story,he claimed that it was celery,that they use in their pasta(a 1st for me)and if so why only one piece.This whole time the manager NEVER came to the table to see what the problem was, and Steve the waiter avoided us the rest of the night till it was time for dessert ,which I refused.
He came back with the check (full amount) and started again with the celery bit.I just took the check and paid it, leaving him a $0.00 tip.Got up and left ,as we were walking out I guess that he saw his tip amount ,so he followed us outside,again no manager,so we pretty much told him that he ,the manager and the chef were all liars and walked away.
Not a pleasant night!!!!they are just running this place dry !Stay away!!!!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank CaribeanJoe
Bakersfield, California
“Great Mothers Day Treat”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We made reservations a month early from abroad and came to the Isle for the first time on Mothers Day, we had a special meal of lunch and Champaign, it was wonderful, I also enjoyed a few hard to find Guinness Draught beers, the meal was wonderful, priced comparable for a lovely steak dinner and drinks. The place was empty except for us and we received special attention due to that. A nice romantic dark and classy place it seemed. Lots of wines to try.

• Visited May 2013