We had a great 4 days here in West Bay and loved having the B&B to come back to for some quiet time out of the sun. Lucky for us we just missed the Easter holiday crowds and only had one day on the beach with the cruise ship crowds.
The accommodation is perfect - very clean and modern with AC as well as ceiling fan. We had a balcony facing the street which is definitely the best room, but Diane does seem to be full most of the time, so book early. The breakfast which is included in the price, is always different, cooked when you are ready, and delicious.
The snorkelling was amazing off the beach - get Diane to tell you where to go - especially at Tabyana Beach at the end by the Grand Roatan beach bar. We saw 2 huge Queen Angelfish I think they were - absolutely magnificent - as well as many other schools of parrotfish and sergeant majors, and lots of other brightly coloured fish.
Also recommend the Gumbalina Park and the Sunset catamaran trip if it is available - from the Bananarama Dive Centre. Snorkelling wasn't as good as off the beach, but we did get to see the dolphins, and the sailing was fun.
The shops across the road are a bonus - Hungry Monkey does great salads - big sizes at a good value price. Deli food at the grocery store is good too, also the coffee shop has upmarket food too if you like quality rather than quantity like us.
Thanks Diane for all your helpful tips. Have a good time with your girlfriends when they arrive!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recently upgraded, surrounded by tropical paradise, pristine Caribbean warm water and gorgeous beaches, close to all, great reef diving, shallow or deep snorkeling, lots of activities. All rooms are well fitted with Queen beds, private baths, A/C, fans, TV, mini refrigerator, tables & chairs, view balconies. And now free wifi. Single, double, triple, and large family rooms available. Breakfast included. From the international airport take any taxi to West Bay Mall, we are across the street. We are a short 3 minute walk to the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your West Bay B & B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Bay Bed And Breakfast
- West Bay Hotel West Bay
- West Bay B & B Roatan, Honduras