“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 6 West Bay B&B and Inns
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

We stayed at West Bay B & B for 2 weeks. Diane does a fantastic job running the place. She is very accommodating and helpful and it was lovely to spend time with her and her family who were visiting at the time. Breakfasts were great, choice of hot or cold, and the dvd selection was huge. The room was great for budget travellers, had everything you need- Fridge/freezer, balcony, AC and TV/DVD player. The place is situated literally a 2 minute walk from the beach which was really handy for going there in the day and eating out along the beach bars at night. We were really happy we stayed in West Bay rather than West end because we spent most of our time at the beach, and West end (for more lively bars/restaurants) is only a 5 minute ride away. Would definitely stay at West Bay B & B again if we're ever back in Roatan!

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank MelandMaria

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

We had a great time staying at Diane's place. The rooms are spacious and have AC, fan, and refrigerator. The breakfast is also pretty good! The place is located right across the street from the tiny West Bay Mall which has an ATM. West Bay beach (arguably the best beach in all Honduras), is just a mere to blocks away from the B&B. The wi-fi connection from our room (I'm almost certain we stayed on room 5) was excellent.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LeandroG_526
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013 via mobile

My daughter and I were looking for an economical place to stay when someone told us about West Bay B&B. It was the perfect place to stay in a tropical setting, with the perfect hostess. The place is run by Diane, a warm and welcoming lady who will share her knowledge of the island with you to ensure that you have the best time. The hotel is fairly new and boasts extremely nice and spacious rooms. The common area is warm and inviting. The hotel is located just a block from the beach and is a hidden gem.

• Stayed September 2013
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

My friend and I stayed at West Bay B&B for one week in August and we were not disappointed.
The rooms were simple, but very clean and came with a refrigerator, tv, AC, and a fan. We also had a room with a balcony, so were able to sit out in the morning and evening to enjoy the sun.

The location is just across from West Bay "Mall" and about a 2 minute walk to the beach.

The breakfast was a full "American Style" breakfast with pancakes, french toast, and eggs all cooked by Diane who is running the B&B. My friend doesn't like to eat a heavy breakfast so Diane was able to accommodate her request with, toast, cereal and yogurt.

For anyone looking for a clean and comfortable place to stay on a budget, this is the place to go!

Thank you Diane for your hospitality and helping make our vacation in Rotatan a memorable one!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

This was my first trip to Roatan and staying at this BnB. It was a great, clean, comfortable place to stay. It had everything you could need, including free wifi for guests. It's a block from the gorgeous beach also, which makes it a good choice for travelers on a budget as some of the places directly on the beach a rather pricy. Diane took good care of us and breakfast was included in our nightly room rate.

I would recommend this place to everyone!

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

This was my second time staying here in the last 3 months! Loved it. Looking for an inexpensive place to stay this is it..with all the amenities you need. Fan, a/c, breakfast, beach gear, free wifi. About 3 minute walk to a beautiful beach! Diane is just great and friendly as can be.

You'll love this B & B and West Bay!

1 Thank mnm7207
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at West Bay B&B.

Food: Every Breakfast was great - tasty and filling (some were heavy meals for a diver, but I know my limits but felt bad not eating all I was swerved). My favorite was the fruit baked french toast with yogurt - DELICIOUS!!! A great balance in my 7 days of Honduran style and traditional/American style food.

Rooms: The linens were clean and changed 2x in my 7 days. Overall the rooms were clean. The bathroom was less than desired but it worked for the purpose (shower and a toilet). My only issue or complaint would be the locks on the rooms. They are easy to bypass and "pick" and with that, had my room broken into and items stolen from my suitcase. (We believe it was a guest that stayed one night since another family had a credit card stolen from their room.) I did not let it ruin my vacation or stay but that is one improvement I'd like to see made before a return stay! Other than that, it was great.

Location/Area: Perfect location for my stay and the dive shop I was with (a 4-6 minute walk to almost everything), a small strip mall and cafe across the street and also a short walk to the beach and other resorts that had decent restaurant and bars. If you are looking for a hoping town (a younger crowd) I'd recommend West End but what is within walking distance works for the normal. And a taxi to West End was only $10 each way:o)

I would recommend everyone plan extra for water:) The B&B does sell water bottles/gallons ($2/gallon) and the fridges in the room make a great relief for "cold" beverages since that's rare on the island. They also have a huge DVD collection to relax if you like in your room and I only had one issue with Wifi (that was island wide - nothing on the B&B's part).

Overall, I'd recommend the B&B!! It is no Hyatt or 5-star resort but a comfortable and safe place for an affordable budget; not to mention the stellar food!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo