Roatan is a complete waste of a true traveler's time and money. If you want to be ripped off, pay outrageous prices for mediocre rooms and horrible food, go to Roatan. Otherwise, save your money and head elsewhere (Utila is awesome!).
As for West Bay B & B, Glen is running a decent establishment, for $15 - $20 a night. (Bring a gas mask. The place smells horrible.) But $69 + per night...who is he kidding? And to further the extortion...$8 an hour for internet (even if you have your own computer)?! We are not cheap people, but these prices are unbelievable. You even have to pay for agua pura (drinking water).
Both my travel partner and I have spent considerable time in over 30 countries and we have rarely paid as much as we did in Roatan for food, drink, and taxi rides. Simply ridiculous.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recently upgraded, surrounded by tropical paradise, pristine Caribbean warm water and gorgeous beaches, close to all, great reef diving, shallow or deep snorkeling, lots of activities. All rooms are well fitted with Queen beds, private baths, A/C, fans, TV, mini refrigerator, tables & chairs, view balconies. And now free wifi. Single, double, triple, and large family rooms available. Breakfast included. From the international airport take any taxi to West Bay Mall, we are across the street. We are a short 3 minute walk to the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld and Odigeo so you can book your West Bay B & B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Bay Bed And Breakfast
- West Bay Hotel West Bay
- West Bay B & B Roatan, Honduras