I found this resort and it's surroundings to be very homey and comfortable...quaint/quiet/small and convenient. Security 24/7....The convenience and quality of dives = awesome. The people equally awesome and friendly. The dive crew : Alex, Laura and Marcos like family! A walk down the beach to West Bay for a little more busy atmosphere had great restaurants and a great snorkel. Not a bad meal in the vicinity: not at Las Rocas..not at the Argentinian Grill nor the Vintage Pearl.....I regret that the resort made little effort to plan a trip to Mary's place for diving...possibly because there wasn't much interest from the other divers as it is a little more expensive...I will stay somewhere closer to Mary's next time I go. The only deterrent to keep me from returning here...and it saddens me...because I love this place...was the extra charge added to my credit card upon check out. I specifically asked via email prior to arrival if there was an extra charge for using a credit card. I was told no. I signed my bill and have a copy for the agreed amount yet when the charge went through it was $34 more. This is not right. Despite discussions with the owner...who insisted it was an extra fee from my credit card company and stated he did not charge me any more than I signed for....(which didn't make sense as then why was the extra charge being paid to Las Rocas and not the credit card company if it was from them??)...I got no where except into a disagreement......my friend also had an extra charge on his credit card but didn't seem as concerned about it. Just not a good way to do business. This was the ONLY reason I gave it a 3 ...otherwise it would have been 4. The only change I would make to the rooms would be to have a small microwave for leftovers. There is a small fridge...a small microwave would fit right on top of it and not be too costly! Loved the hammocks on the porch...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on Roatan's most beautifull beach, Las Rocas Resort & Dive Center offers the perfect setting for your intimate getaway vacation. Dive Roatan's marine park from the doorstep of your cabin. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Las Rocas Resort & Dive Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Rocas Resort And Dive Center
- Las Rocas Resort & Dive Hotel West Bay
- Las Rocas Resort & Dive Center Roatan, Honduras - West Bay
- Las Rocas Hotel Dive Center