We really enjoyed our time at Las Rocas. It wasn't perfection, but for the price it was as close as we're going to get!
The rooms: We had a second floor unit with a view of the sea. The room had good A/C and a decent enough bed. The bathroom wasn't the cleanest (and there's not much they can do about that short of replacing everything.) I also hated that the walls around the bathroom didn't go all the way to the ceiling. The view was really nice- especially from the hammock on the balcony.
The food: Breakfast was fantastic every morning. It was always way too much food, but very fresh and very good. The rest of the day was a little hit or miss depending on what you ordered. Then again, I was pretty disappointed with most of the food on the island. It was really bland and a little too westernized compared to the other Caribbean locations we've been to.
The drinks: The drinks were great and the service was amazing. My favorite was sitting in their little infinity pool watching the sunset with a 2 for 1 cocktail. The mojitos are awesome!
The location: You really can't beat the location. You're a short walk from everything you need. If you walk to West Bay, you can get to the end in under 20 minutes. There are little convenience stores tucked away on the beach or behind the resorts in a shopping center. All are easy to access. Restaurants line the beach and are easy to get to. The resort really is tucked away from the madness of West Bay while still being accessible.
The staff were all really fantastic. They helped book a couple of excursions for us and did a great job. There was a language gap with a handful, but they really tried to go the extra mile.
The diving: I didn't get to dive, but my husband went a few times. Some dives were better than others. I'm glad I didn't go though. There boat didn't have a walk out option which I prefer. Their dive masters were also a little hit of miss. I don't want to say that I really question their safety, but from the trips that were described to me, I didn't have the utmost confidence in them life I did the dive masters in the Caymans.
Overall, I would think this is one of the better places to stay on island. The price is extremely reasonable and the service is great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on Roatan's most beautifull beach, Las Rocas Resort & Dive Center offers the perfect setting for your intimate getaway vacation. Dive Roatan's marine park from the doorstep of your cabin. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda and Expedia so you can book your Las Rocas Resort & Dive Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Rocas Resort And Dive Center
- Las Rocas Resort & Dive Hotel West Bay
- Las Rocas Resort & Dive Center Roatan, Honduras - West Bay
- Las Rocas Hotel Dive Center