We spent a wonderful 2 weeks at Las Rocas Resort in February, 2006. We did a lot of research before choosing where to stay on our first trip to Roatan, and we were certainly happy with our choice. Las Rocas exceeded our expectations.
Let me say first that we prefer small, friendly resorts. They need not be luxurious, but they must be clean, comfortable, & tastefully (even if simply)furnished. And most importantly, the food must be good!! Las Rocas was all of these.
The location of Las Rocas, at the end of West Bay Beach and within walking distance of West End village, is perfect. As the name suggests, Las Rocas is built on rocks, overlooking the sea. However the beach is a mere 5 minute walk from the resort. In 15 minutes we could walk to the best snorkel spot on the beach. We walked that beautiful stretch of beach at least twice a day, and agreed that we preferred the relative quiet of our location to the busier, more populated areas where there is a greater concentration of resorts.
Some of our best memories of Las Rocas are of the restaurant!! We did occasionally dine elsewhere, when we were exploring the island, but to be honest, we could happily have eaten every meal at Las Rocas. The food was excellent. Seafood dishes with an Italian flavor, such as seafood linguine (with lobster, shrimps & calamari), shrimps in gorgonzola sauce, and 'Caribbean butterflies' (bowtie pasta with seafood in a coconut cream sauce)are but a few of the succulent evening entrees. At lunch, the fish and the grilled shrimp sandwiches were great, as well as the pizzas (especially the seafood pizza).
Not to be forgotten of course is the bar, where we enjoyed many a happy hour and many a Margarita - thanks to our buddy Mike, who makes the best Margarita I've ever had!
Even breakfasts, which were included in the cost of our accommodation, were varied and good (juices, fresh fruit salad, pastries and a hot dish, such as scrambled eggs Honduran style).
Most importantly, we have nothing but good to say about the staff at Las Rocas! From the owners to the cleaning staff - all were exceptional. They always had a friendly smile and went out of the way to make our stay enjoyable.
There are some improvements that could be made at Las Rocas. For example, the towels need replacing - although always clean, some are getting ragged. And some of the chairs in the restaurant should be replaced, for the sake of comfort. None of these things lessened our enjoyment of the resort however.
If we go back to Roatan, and I hope we do, we would not hesitate to stay again at Las Rocas. I suppose that says it all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on Roatan's most beautifull beach, Las Rocas Resort & Dive Center offers the perfect setting for your intimate getaway vacation. Dive Roatan's marine park from the doorstep of your cabin. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Las Rocas Resort & Dive Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Rocas Resort And Dive Center
- Las Rocas Resort & Dive Hotel West Bay
- Las Rocas Resort & Dive Center Roatan, Honduras - West Bay
- Las Rocas Hotel Dive Center